• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
How many of what there are? People? They come and go. I haven't counted. It's not like we do a census. More than 40 and less than a hundred. A few dogs. A golem. Traps? Silakul uses vicious necrotic wards I wouldn't mess with. I could probably teach you how to deal with them but we'd have to be looking right at one. The vaults have other traps I'm sure, but I don't know specifics other than 'don't touch anything' - which was always good enough for me. There's a pissed off old tree in the cavern to the east. I honestly don't know what else to tell you."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
The arms grew tired as SnorLoska was holding his sword over the wizards head. Too much talking, he said to himself as he lost interest in the wizard. The last of the troglodytes left the cave with a nervous look over their shoulders, and then they were gone.
Instead, SnorLoska's eyes were drawn to that green crystalline stuff on the ground near the half-burried ship. He walks over to have a closer look. SnorLoska pokes a cluster of crystals with his sword.

OOC: Alt 1: The crystals explodes and SnorLoska makes a dex save. Dex save against potential exploding crystal: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [9, 5]+2 = 11

Alt 2: The crystals are stuck fast and won't come loose. SnorLoska bends down and touches the crystals. The crystals damages SnorLoska through poison/electric discharge/necrotic/magical effect. SnorLoska is not happy and regrets being curious.

Alt 3: The crystals come loose and SnorLoska picks one up. This time something good happens!!! if not, the effects from Alt 2 applies here.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Zalena rolls her eyes and points in the direction that the troglodytes went, "The cavern to the east has an old tree-creature. It's cranky, and we have to threaten it with fire to get past it every day. I thought you might want to know that."

Snorloska breaks off a green crystal. To his great surprise, it neither explodes nor poisons him.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Very well, you seem to use the passage quite a bit. What lies that way?"

After giving her a chance to answer, he also asks... "Also, what can you tell us of the veil of necromantic energy in the passageway we just came in from?"

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"There's a grotto that must have once been a shelter for a group of living trees before it was overcome by the magic of this place. From there, there are tunnels that lead to the troglodyte caves and the vaults (which in turn lead to the temple.) We travel here daily through the vaults from the temple and meet the troglodyte work-force in the grotto."

She shifts around allowing Dunmire to bandage her knee, wincing in pain. "That veil covers an opening into the Dracolich's inner vault. There is another one on the other side. They are like windows with lethal curtains. The Dracolich can see through them, I believe. They're deadly to the touch. The inner vault has a door as well, but I doubt it is any safer to open."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska likes shiny things and pockets a few more crystals.
He turns to the wizards and asks: Why is the old tree cranky? Haha, I would be cranky too, if someone threatens me with fire!
After a few moments thought (which can take a while for SnorLoska) he adds to the rest of the group: She can show us the way to the inner vault where the door is.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I could do that, but if you're just going to get me killed anyway, I might as well just give up now." says Zalena as Dunmire helps her to her feet. "Silakul has many dangerous men between here and there."

Remove ads