D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

tglassy

Adventurer
As the dragon came down the stairs, Auraia dropped from the circling on to its back, slashing away at the base of its skull, trying to sever its head.

OOC: Attack: [roll0]Damage: [roll1]
Bonus Action: Attack: [roll2]Damage: [roll3]

Pyrus ran back at the oncoming of the dragon (to G28), sending a beam of fire at the creature. (DC 14 Dex save or take [roll4] fire damage)

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Pyrus & Auraia

Pyrus ran, throwing fire at the Dracolich as it came down the stairs. It took up most of the stairwell, and so was an easy target, even as he noticed the intensity of his flame dip as it came near the creature.

The remaining mercenaries rushed into the grand entryway, eager to watch the Dracolich continue to maul it's way through the invaders who had done so much to destroy their company. The few cultists with them cheered - it was a blessing to watch the Dracolich in action!

Then Auraia swooped into the stairwell and landed on the dragon's skull, her psychic blades finding their way into the cracks left by Torbin's and Udit's arrows and Kurzon's sword slashes. She jammed her blades in and the psychic energy flared. Suddenly the bone-like stone burst apart, and Auraia fell to the stairs amongst an enormous pile of bones.

The cultists gasped. One of them swooned - how could such as these defeat their champion.

The Beast cursed in frustration. He didn't care one whit for the Dracolich or it's minions, but he cared about his reputation, and his life, and both seemed to be in serious jeopardy.

GM: [sblock=rolls]Save: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [4, 8]+4 = 12 Dracolich vs Pyrus (Again with the bad Magic Resistance!)
[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Pyrus, Auraia; (BGs) Everyone Else (Dash)
Damage Taken: (PCs) None; (BGs) Dracolich 16, 12, & 11 (Destroyed)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: Temple Grand Entryway Encounter: Dretchroyaster & the Beast Boys

End Round Two; Begin Round Three

GM: You are positively Dragon slayers
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
*Auraia (M31) AC17(19) HP 40/51
*Drako (E36) AC13(16) HP 22/45
*Kurzon (V30) AC20* HP 0/52
*Pyrus (G28) AC13 HP 39/51
*Sesto (K33) AC18* HP 32/45
*Torbin (H36) AC15 HP 36/45
*Udit (G29) AC15 HP 36/45
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Beast (V28)
CultAdept1 (T29)
CultAdept2 (W28)
Guard (W29)
Merc1 (S31) (Dead)
Merc2 (R29)
Merc3 (V32)
LockJaw (R30)
*FireWolf1 (L32) HP less 32
*FireWolf2 (L33) HP less 13
[/sblock]
[sblock=DRACOLICH]
Dretchroyaster (M31-O33) HP less 168! (Destroyed)
[/sblock]

Entry3.png

gargoyleking

Adventurer
With the dragon down, Torbin switched targets. Those dogs were dangerous and needed to be put down. Unfortunately, he had trouble getting a clear shot on them past Sesto and his shield. After, he ducked behind cover should any of the mercenaries try to rain arrows down upon them.

[Sblock]Moving Mark to the more damaged wolf before firing.

Longbow:: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
1D8+3+1D6 = [8]+3+[2] = 13
1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
1D8+3+1D6 = [6]+3+[3] = 12

Moving to I35 (behind the crates in the corner of the room?)

Squirrels are evil!

tglassy

Adventurer
Auraia swells with energy as she absorbs some of the power that had animated the Dracolich, refilling her reserves.

(She regains 2 Psi points for striking the killing blow! I'll post her next action soon. )

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
Auraia swells with energy as she absorbs some of the power that had animated the Dracolich, refilling her reserves.

(She regains 2 Psi points for striking the killing blow! I'll post her next action soon. )

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
It was a scary sight, indeed, to see the such a great beast charging against you and trying to bite your head off!
Flabbergasted, Sesto looked on as the dragon chomped away with the reminder of his mouth but somehow didn't quite reach him. Suddenly, he dragon fell in a heap in front of Sesto. Thank you, Auraia!
Sesto took another swing at one of the infernal dogs from Hell. This time the mace connected with the horror of a dog and the sound of it was sweet.
Over the bones of the dragon, Sesto could see the rest of the enemies charging down towards the stairs. And he could see poor Kurzon badly hurt and, hopefully, just unconscious. Sesto waited just long enough for the last mercenary to pass Kurzon and then he spoke a few soothing words that would get Kurzon up on his feet again.

OOC:
Action: Mace attack, with damage: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23, 1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6
Bonus Action: Healing Words on Kurzon: 1D4+4+3 = [1]+4+3 = 8
Blessed Healer: Sesto heals himself 2+spell level=3 HP when he cast healing spells. (I forgot to apply Blessed Healer when I cast Cure Wounds on Udit (1st lvl) and Drako (3rd lvl) before the dracolich turned up (post #679). If I retrospectively could apply it now then Sesto would heal another 8 HP (but then he was only down 5 HP so...))
Move: No, Sesto is holding his position!
----
Spell used: 1st 3/4, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 2/3
Crystals used: 3/10
Channel divinity used: 1/2
HP: 32+3 (+5)/45

River Song

Explorer
Kurzon shakes his head, his orcish blood gifting him a resilience that allowed him to survive blows that would kill other men, he raises himself to his feet and as he stood he saw and felt a healing spells cast on him, with a quick look he nods his thanks to Sesto and lays about at the foes around him.

[sblock=action]

Orcish resilience: drop to 1 instead of zero and healed 8 for a total of 9 hp.

He attacks one of the mercenaries.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

reaction: Sentinel (if someone tries to leave his threat zone)
[roll4]

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Torbin & Sesto

Torbin released two arrows at one of the fiery wolf skeletons, both of which clattered across the stairs as the wolf leaped out of the way and bounced off of Sesto's Shield. Sesto brought his mace down on the wolf-thing's head and smashed it's skull to pieces. His angels turned to help him, slashing a long glowing scar into the wolf's back.

GM: [sblock=rolls]Attack: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
2D4+3 = [2, 3]+3 = 8
1D6 = [6] = 6
Wolf vs Sesto
Spell: 3D8 = [3, 6, 2] = 11

[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Torbin, Sesto; (BGs) FireWolves
Damage Taken: (PCs) None; (BGs) FireWolf1 9 (Destroyed), FireWolf2 11

Remove ads