D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Six of the green crystals crumbled to dust in Sesto's pouches, and the angels glowed to a white intensity. Kurzon's terrible axe-wound sealed to a long deep scar on the back of his head and his eyes popped open and he gasped.

GM: Kurzon is alive at 1 HP.

River Song

Explorer
Kurzon struggles to his feet, feeling the back of his head. "Well there go my good looks." He takes the potion from Udit, "My thanks. It looks like we are all still alive.." he winces in pain, "more or less."

[roll0]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Glad you're back! So, uh, the dragon thing is dead... hey did the bones stick around last time? ... anyway, uh, and the Beast agreed to stop fighting, he even killed a cultist. So, uh, he says the necromancer is on the other side and has something nasty in mind, so I'm jamming this door shut"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Someone tries the door while Udit is jamming it. Not in a try-to-break-it-down kind of way, but they pull hard. The doors open inward, so it is tricky to jam from this side, but so far Udit's job does it.

Suddenly the whole temple gives a bit of a shake, like a minor earthquake. The door rattles and the dragon bones fall down the stairs.

OOC: Last time the dragon turned into dirt and rocks. This time the much harder rock-bones (like petrifications) stay looking like bones, for the most part.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit, having jammed as much as he could, starts tying the handles together with many loops of hemp rope.

"So uh... the bones didn't change... does that mean anything?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Yeah, It means yer pissin' him off." replied the Beast to Udit's question. "But it'll take him at least an hour to make another one. I fer one, don't plan on bein' here anymore when that happens."

He then had his mercenary-crutch help him open the door to the kitchen and called, "Hey, Cookie! Send one o'yer guys to the Watchtower. Tell 'em we're done here. Oh, and Cookie? Lock all the doors. It won't hold 'em long, not with the Alchemist, but we can slow 'em down."

He then turned to the River Gang and said, "Here's what's gonna happen: They've got a Necromancer, a Seeress, and an Alchemist. They were busy puttin' together a mix of it when you busted in here. They've got a plan to blow you all to pieces. We've only got a few minutes before they start trying the doors with some of their bigger stuff."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit said "I wonder what the other group is up to... if the culit is hit from both angles maybe? Or a distraction? And Kurzon's still hurt... "

Scratching his head, he added "Uh... Torbin... you're a pretty good shot? Could you like, uh, prepare fire arrows? Blow up those barrels before they reach us?"

Finishing the rope job with a solid sailor knot, Udit stepped away

Udit took out the Sending Stone. "Uh, Imani? The mercenaries are leaving, and we killed a bone dragon projection thingy. Uh, apparently the cultists have a necromancer, an alchemist and a seer. What's the other group up to? We are kinda banged up and could use a distraction".

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Imani's voice replied, "We shall see. Hello, teams - Please report. Not being there myself, I cannot judge, but I have seen the mountain shake twice now. I fear you may be gaining the attention of the Dracolich. I don't have to tell you that this cannot be a good idea."

... to which the Beast snorted, "You think?"

Remove ads