• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
After the mutual acquainting the adventurers, together with Elrohas and the madman they rescued from the library, move out towards the well in order to bring the man to the safety of New Phlan and the temple.

As they enter the place around Kuto's Well, they notice a lone figure moving towards the slums, where they are headed as well.

The man stands just a bit above average height. His breastplate is dark green, the color of an evergreen, but scaled as if it were part of some great reptile's hide. An olive drab cloak hangs from his shoulders, which in turn support the weight of a pack, a longbow, and a quiver of red-fletched arrows. Around his waist is a wide leather belt. From it hang a few pouches, a sheathed dagger, and a slender leather tube. His left arm bears a heavy shield constructed from dark wood. Scored into the wood is a carving of a unicorn rampant. Incongruous with his martial garb and bearing, his right hand holds a knobby wooden club. His leather cap, dyed dark green, hides his hair, but not his neatly trimmed, light brown beard.

Could this be? Dryw!

Elrohas immediately reckognizes his ally, one of the two he had lost during the incident with the ghostlike creature earlier.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The man snaps to a halt and turns to face the party. Then, in a booming voice, he calls out, "Elrohas? By the Twelve Tables of Torm! I despaired ever seeing you again!"

He strides toward the group, well, toward Elrohas specifically, arms extending as if for an embrace.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

The halfling halts his mount, curious about the newcomer, but content to let the boon companions greet before he introduces himself.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Human Fighter|Wizard

After Eldwyn has spoken his peace, Emagor says, "Greetings. I am Emagor. I am the most recent addition to this band of explorers, brought onboard to bring them able arcane assistance."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Hail and well met, Emagor," the newcomer says as he pulls Elrohas into a back-slapping embrace. "I am Sir Dryw Domiel, knight errant." The knight releases Elrohas and extends a hand toward Emagor. "Rather than remain lost, I beg the privilege of joining you and your comrades." He laughs heartily, as if he just heard a funny story.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"Sir knight, if I may be so bold to speak for my companions, having you join our band would be most agreeable, and it would be our privilege to have you with us!"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

"Delightful!" Sir Dryw says. He strips his helmet from his head, revealing close cropped brown hair and the pointed ears of a half-elf. "Look on the full face of your servant, gentle people. My shield and shillelagh are at your service." And, with that said, the exuberant knight replaces his helmet.

Leif

Adventurer

"I don't know about all that 'servant' stuff, but we're glad to have the assistance of another ally against the challenges that we face."

Emagor is just relieved that the knight didn't try to embrace him, too! ;)

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"I fear that this latest band of miscreants has proved a most disagreeable challenge. I would be glad of your shield and swor...ah shillelagh." The halfling bows from the saddle. "I am Eldwyn, a dirge singer of Urogalan." The silhouette of a hound's head on his shield bares this out. "We were just making our way back to the New City, with this poor fellow we found raving."

Thanee

First Post
The sun elf's expression does not reveal too much, but it is apparant, that Elrohas is glad to see his comrade-in-arms alive, at least one of them. Getting together what they both figured out about the incident that seperated them, they can only assume that Carlo, the human fighter that was with them, has been taken by the gnolls that he wanted to hunt down.

The remaining two members of the adventuring party also introduce themselves. The unarmored Dwarf with the polearm is Kordunn, follower of Azuth the Spell Lord, and the human hunter with the huge bow is called Storm.

Remove ads