• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Human Fighter|Wizard

Emagor gently peels the man's hands off of his leg and steps away from him. "Stand fast there, Stoutheart! We'll offer you what aid we are able, but first you must speak to us plainly. What do you mean about 'hills' and 'fire' and who is so 'cruel,' okay? Can you do that for me?"

Voadam

Legend
"He needs the healing succor of a temple. But we must determine if others within need our aid as well, or if villains run amok." Kordunn states to his comrades. To the man he approaches and says with authority that demands an answer "Are there others in here as well?" The dwarf brings with him the bolstering aura of his faith that can ease the fears of those within its sheltering aegis.

Leif

Adventurer

"And while I'm thinking about it, we need to go back right this second and collect ears from those hobgoblin villains that we defeated, and that wry little sorcerer as well, so that we can collect the bounties for them later."

Thanee

First Post
“The big one, the evil one. In the castle of flowers. He is not human, I tell you, not at all. He is coming, IT IS COMING!”

Eyes wide in panic, the man screams and then passes out.

Leif

Adventurer

Emagor whispers, "Shhhhhhhhhhhh! He'll hear you! How do you know he's coming?" Then, realizing that the unconscious man can't answer him, ("Leave it to me to talk to a corpse. Sheesh.") Emagor carefully and tightly holds his hand over the man's mouth to prevent any screams from issuing thence, and then, with his other hand, pours a small amount of water on the man's face hoping to revive him.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

Frustrated by the uncooperative unwashed man, Emagor takes long drink from his waterskin, wipes his mouth, and then stands there, arms akimbo. "I have no more ideas to offer at the moment, except for the ears. Shall we leave His Worship the Pontiff here and go whack some ears?"

Thanee

First Post
[smallcaps]Elsewhere...[/smallcaps]

* * * * *​

He presses his back against the wall, noting that it is still strong despite its decrepit appearance. What happened? What was that thing?

The last days race along his inner eye as he reflects upon the situation he got himself into, while he catches his breath.

It all began with the note, the proclamation. Riches and Fame, Glory. Two days ago he arrived by ship. He wasn't alone, other adventurers also heeded the call, others had already been there for a week or longer. There was much to do.

Hunting gnolls, that's what they said they would do. There were patrols of the humanoids often found near the old textile house. Goblins as well, kobolds, and others. Strangely these creatures wouldn't turn on each other. He accompanied them, his talents would be put to good use.

The apparition made him shiver, the terrible moaning, he lost his mind. It looked like a king, a crown on its translucent head. That is the first detail he recalls. It seemed... frightened? The ghostly creature ran away the same time he turned to get some distance between himself and that place, compelled by that terrible sound.

Soon he is back on his way, back to the place he left. The other two aren't there. Nearby he finds a sword, like the one carried by the human, and blood. Looks like they ran into something... and lost. But they were nowhere to be found. Damn! There was little he could do at this point. He had to go back. It wasn't safe out here, alone.

On his way Elrohas passes the large building they had seen earlier, which looks like a library. There are people in front of it. Two, a human in hunter's garb with a huge bow, and a halfling, mounted on a riding dog. Adventurers, like himself, what else could they be?

They enter the building through one of the large double doors...

* * * * *​

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

Stunned by the man's terror, Eldwyn finally gets his wits about him. He slips down off the riding dog and goes to the unconscious man's side. "Have a bit of compassion, this poor fellow has obviously seem something terrible. Let's get him to the temple." Eldwyn casts a simple spell to stabilize the man and looks to the other, bigger party members for help getting the man up. "Gather your ears if you must and lets get this man out of here."

OOC: Cure minor wounds.

Leif

Adventurer

"I've forgotten the proper procedure, actually, is it the left ear, or the right ear?

Remove ads