[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Human Fighter|Wizard

"You need not sell me on your abilities, Dryw! I was glad to have you with us as soon as I laid my eyes upon your arms and armor."

Thanee

First Post
With their newfound allies, the adventurers come to the conclusion, that they do not really need a rest, yet, also considering that it is still morning, and so they head back to Mantor's library, where they are looking for ancient writings and historic scripts, hoping to get some more clues about what's going on in the ancient city of Phlan.

They pass the area of the recent battle with the goblin mage and his hobgoblin guards, everything looks just like they left it. Then they get to the library itself, the huge building towering over them.

The southern entrance they used earlier is still open and so they enter the scribes hall once more. The interior of the room is filled with rows of writing tables, some of them are toppled over, some are broken. Rotted mounds of parchment litter the floor. The door must have been barred from the inside, previously, but the bar has been removed and lies on the floor in the vincinity.

There is a door in the southern wall and corridors lead away from the hall to the south and to the north.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

Emagor looks down the halls to both the south and the north to see if there is anything that distinguishes them, or makes him want to explore in some particular direction.

"What do you gents think? What are we likely to find in here, and where should we start to look for it?

Emagor looks at his familiar who is rummaging through the wizard's pouch and seems to be looking for something. "Hey, stay out of there! Pay attention to what's going on! What do you think about this problem, Peabody? Does it matter to you which way we go?"

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Taking a look into the southern corridor reveals a door at the end of a short path that must lead back to the outside. The corridor turns to the west there and runs as far as one can see with the limited light, lined by small carrels on both sides.

Unsurprisingly, the northern corridor is much longer and also goes longer than the eye can see from the hall. There are at least two openings to the east, one of which likely leads to the other entrance which they had seen when they were standing outside in front of the building.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

"We should ensure that door opens in case we must withdraw in this direction," Sir Dryw says in an uncharacteristically quiet voice, pointing to door at the end of a short path that must lead back to the outside. "After that, we are perhaps best advised to take that western hall, being wary of traps. Goblins are treacherous creatures. I shall take point. My ears and eyes are keen...but I have no special talent for finding hidden pitfalls or tripwires."

As he speaks, Sir Dryw fishes a slender wand from its case and grips it in his left hand so that it is hidden behind his shield.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
A closer look at the door in question reveals, that it barely manages to stay in place, the hinges are broken and the doorframe doesn't look all too well either. It won't take much to rip this door out of the frame in its entirety. Surely it won't be able to hold up anyone wanting to get through from either side.

Leif

Adventurer

"Very well, then, let's take the southern hallway that turns to the west and looks to be lined with carrels or something."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

Sir Dryw nods. Weapon and shield at the ready, he moves to the center of the corridor and starts a slow, cautious advance. Although light on his feet, it's obvious the knight is neither trained nor equipped for stealth. His boots scrape. His armor creaks.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"Good thought on our means of exit should things not go our way Sir Dryw, your presence is paying off already. Let us take Emagor's suggestion and explore thus." He drops a skiprock into his sling and moves with the group.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

As the party moves carefully toward the unknown, Sir Dryw says, "When trouble strikes, if you need cover for spell or missile use, stay close to me. Enemies often find it difficult to slip past me without being punished by my shillelagh."

Remove ads