D&D 5E If WotC asked us which setting we wanted next what would you choose?

What setting option would you choose?

• Al-Qadim

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • Birthright

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • Hollow World

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Jakandor

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Kara-Tur

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Mahasarpa

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Masque of the Red Death

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Maztica

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mystara [Known World]

Votes: 20 9.6%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 41 19.7%
  • Planescape

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 36 17.3%
  • Red Steel [Savage Coast]

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 36 17.3%
  • Tale of the Comet

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Thunder Rift

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Urban Arcana

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • Another RPG setting not mentioned

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • A licensed mass media setting

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • A new setting designed for 4e

Votes: 86 41.3%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 1 0.5%

Firebeetle

Explorer
@Shroomy: gnoll pimps? really.

And who else voted for Urban Arcana? Come on, out with you.

610_088190_90.jpg

I voted for Urban Arcana, running a campaign for this is still on my bucket list.

moxcamel

Explorer
Maybe not let professional game designers who already work for the company compete in this one (yes i'm still sore over that)
I'd be sore if it was a crap setting where it was obvious that his design had received preferential treatment. But although I obviously haven't seen the other entries, I'm convinced he won fair and square. It might not be for everyone, but with the exception of Ravenloft and Dark Sun, I think it's the most imaginative and well-designed campaign world out there. Certainly more imaginative than Forgotten Realms. (and I loves me some FR) And unlike Ravenloft and Dark Sun, you can drop just about any setting into the world and have it fit decently.

Ahem, sorry for the side-track. I vote Ravenloft. :D

Mengu

First Post
I voted something new designed for 4e.

Star Wars 4.99e, testing the waters for an improved attack/defense system not reliant on magic items, fix feats, etc. would be interesting to see, though I'm not quite ready for another system reboot yet. Need another 3-4 years for my current games.

Redshirt

Explorer
Maybe not let professional game designers who already work for the company compete in this one (yes i'm still sore over that)

Agreed. I just think that the fans can come up with a setting that's just as good if not better than anything WotC can do. Release it as a PDF only and it should be pretty cost effective .

But I could be completely wrong...

VGmaster9

Explorer
You know, if they would re-release the Hollow World setting, it should be its own setting instead of being part of Mystara. That would defintily be awesome. Of course, I would also like to see the PoTC/Sinbad kinda setting too.

Gryph

First Post
Greyhawk, if they would undo all of the crappy From the Ashes material from the 2e days.

I'd really like to see the original setting reprinted.

Remove ads