If You Need a Cane, Buy One of These

R_J_K75

Legend
"Tactical" is that just because it is painted black? It doesn't seem to conceal a firearm or even a sword. It doesn't even have straps and those plastic clips you get with "Tactical" stuff, and where's the urban camo pattern?
I was wondering why it was called a "tactical" walking cane myself? I suspect its just a fancy name to attract customers.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I was wondering why it was called a "tactical" walking cane myself? I suspect its just a fancy name to attract customers.

Well, that depends... Those handles have a good curve to them and end in a fairly sharp edge. About the right length for bataireacht (Irish stick fighting) and they'd be decent for tripping or jabbing.

R_J_K75

Legend
Those handles have a good curve to them and end in a fairly sharp edge
Yeah the edge of the handle is pretty sharp. As a matter of fact I was just telling someone yesterday that it would probably leave a pretty jagged gash. Not sharp enough to cut you while walking with it though.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Yeah the edge of the handle is pretty sharp. As a matter of fact I was just telling someone yesterday that it would probably leave a pretty jagged gash. Not sharp enough to cut you while walking with it though.

Bataireacht uses a different grip than Asian stick-fighting and uses a lot of punching motions - you could put a serious hole in somebody's skull with one of those.

Bagpuss

Legend

You should look up cane fighting techniques, I saw a demonstration at the Royal Armouries in Leeds once, very enlightening.

Remove ads