Ignore this post, my questions have been answered

Dr. Zoom

First Post
3) It was probably intended to be usable only once per round like the Stunning Fist feat, but the latter feat specifically says so in its description, while Fists of Iron does not. Other feats like Dirty Fighting require a full attack action to use, so they can only be used once a round by default. I know of no sage advice on this particular feat, although it may be out there. I will check some of my old Dragon mags and post anything relavent I find.

4) Artoomis is correct. The sage in this month's Dragon (#292) addresses a similar question. Here it is:

Question:
If someone were to jump 30 feet into the air, does he take damage from falling? Or better, if someone can make a 200-foot broad jump, does he take falling damage? If so, how much?

Answer:
The DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE says you suffer falling damage when you deliberately jump down from a height. However, you're not jumping down from a height unless the place where you land is lower than the place you start, no matter how high you actually jump when traveling between the two. In any case, if your jump check result is 15 or higher, then you take no damage from the first 10 feet you drop, and the damage from the second 10 feet is subdual damage (see page 112 in the DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE). If you make a high jump to get over a 30-foot barrier, and the floor is the same level on the other side, you suffer no falling damage. If, however, you discover that the floor is 30 feet lower on the other side, you fall the extra 30 feet. The damage would be 1d6 normal and 1d6 subdual (none for the 30 feet you jumped, none for the first 10 feet of the fall, 1d6 subdual from the second 10 feet of the fall, and 1d6 normal for the third 10 feet of the fall) - provided, or course, that your Jump check result was at least a 15.

As for jumping on a target, that is what Mantis Leap is for. Which leads to...

6) As long as you have 7 or more levels of monk and at least 5 ranks in Jump, you may take this feat. Many feats have prereq's that allow for the possibility of multiclassed characters to get them at about the same time as single classed characters. For example, Weapon Finesse requires a +1 BAB. First level fighter types can choose this feat, but rogues normally must wait until 3rd level to choose it. However, if the first level rogue multiclasses into a rogue 1 - fighter 1, he can choose Weapon Finesse at 2nd level because of the fighter's bonus feat and his +1 BAB. A 7th level monk who multiclasses to fighter at 8th level can take Mantis Leap, too, as long as he has the Jump ranks (and as long as his DM permits him to use S&F feats as fighter bonus feats).

As far as holding feats, I do not allow this IMC. I believe that Skip or Sean have written that they did not intend for feats to be held, even though this is not explicitly said in the PH. In fact, I believe they used the rogue and Weapon Finesse example to illustrate their intention.

Last edited:

Remove ads