IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 2

industrygothica

Adventurer
Talishia searches her planar knowledge banks for anything she might recall about the chaos beast. She remembers that a chaos beast's home plane is that of the Ever-changing Chaos of Limbo. She also recalls that upon entering this room she saw the chaos beast strike out at the undead abominations seemingly at random, but left one alone for favor of another that happened by. She reasonably deduces that the creature's strike has no obvious effect on those who are not living, like the halfling Friadoc who is doing his best to keep from writhing on the floor in pain.

Friadoc: I'd like a charisma check, please; no sense in hiding this one. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - So as far as she knows it's a normal chaos beast. Would that check result tell her what magic can reverse the instability? :))

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
She's reasonably sure it's more of an affliction rather than a disease; she can't think of any disease that has ever turned anyone to a bubbling pile of goo. Dealing with extraplanar creatures is tricky business, and she thinks that the affliction probably cannot be cured by her arcane magic.

Shayuri

First Post
After a moment Talashia shakes her head.

"I'm fairly sure a spell intended to cure diseases wouldn't work. This is a magical condition, a sort of curse. If you can't reverse it, we'll need to get him to a priest that can, and the sooner the better."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric

"If you please, a couple of you do your best to hold Friadoc still, and I shall do my utmost to free him from this curse of chaos."

[sblock=OOC]Uulark will cast Remove Curse on Friadoc.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

Rogash waits to see the result of the spell. If Friadoc is not restored to normal he will suggest that the group make haste to the nearest temple. "Does anybody remember seeing a barrel or other container we could carry him in?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh helps his old friend maintain his footing while the priest tries to rid him of the curse. Should that fail, he offers to carry him himself, hurrying back up to the temple. "If I'd arrived a few moments earlier.. I knew I shouldn't have tarried with that bar wench. I've always had a weaknes for Crimson locks."

[sblock=ooc]
Wish I knew IC what I know OOC.. sigh this is a reason to take Knowledge checks. :)
Normally, Remove curse doesn't stop this stuff, and each time he fails the Cha check he takes 1 wisdom drain (Though if he makes it he's stable for 1 minute).
Also, with his latest cha check, I think Rokelsh is about to get slugged. :(
I've always hated Chaos beasts *shudder* a fate worse than death.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Caerwynlooks about to see if there might be a barrel in the room they are in now.

]ooc[ what is the illumination right now? ]/ooc[

Remove ads