Illithiad - The Trilogy

D'karr

Adventurer
I'm going to start converting the three modules (A Darkness Gathering, Masters of Eternal Night and Dawn of the Overmind). Has anyone done any work on these?

There are several magical items that are very powerful and would require careful conversion. Any ideas?

I'm planning on creating separate conversions for a campaign using the Psionics Handbook and for a campaign without it. Any suggestions on how to handle it?

Thanks.

Well, the easiest thing to do would be to have a list of spells and equivalent psionic powers. Then, whenever something is a Psion, replace the psion levels with level of sorcerer, and swap out the powers for spells. A simple find/replace should do the trick.

I never played the originals, but I love Illithids. Could you spoil the plot a little for me?

D'karr

Adventurer
Illithiad - Plot Spoilers

The trilogy is very interesting and quite inventive.

There are many elements in use in the modules, It's part Psonics Handbook, part Manual of the Planes and even part Spelljammer.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll start looking at as both arcane spells and psions.

*********** Spoilers *************

Many eons ago the Illithid Empire ruled vast portions of the known multiverse. Any race they encountered became slaves of the Illithids. A slave rebellion toppled their vast empire from power. This is all known information that has been so since 1E.

The basic premise of the adventure is that the Illithids have found an alternate multiverse where there was never a revolution and the Illithid Empire was never destroyed. They create a device that will allow them to rip open a crack that will spill that alternate reality into our own destroying ours and replacing it with the other.

***************** End Spoilers *********************

Last edited:

Remove ads