• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"I'm a [BLANK] kid!"

overgeeked

B/X Known World
My hometown actually still has an operating Drive-In Theater. It's not as good of a deal as it used to be.. It's $10/person now, rather than charging per car like they did when I was younger. But that's still a heck of a deal for two movies. And their concessions are super cheap too.
One of my son's friends has had his last few birthdays at a drive-in that's only about a half hour away :)
There used to be a drive-in theater less than a mile from my house growing up so we went all the time over the summer. It was cheaper by the car load because it was three kids and random cousins almost all the time. That one shut down but there's one about 45 minutes from where I live now. Still love the drive-in.

R_J_K75

Legend
I was a kid that learned Bob Geldolfs "Pink" in Pink Floyds "the Wall"" was watching the same movie George Lucas ripped off for the 3rd Act of Star Wars' "Trench Run". It's a movie called "the Dam Busters" Worse than Zero Hour/Airplane. Look it up if you're curious

Bagpuss

Legend
INXS for me.

Ahhhhhh, better than Oasis.

Yeah but the battle was between Oasis and Blur. Admittedly I wasn't so much a kid then, just in Uni.

I always thought INXS were a little earlier (saw them in concert at Wembley Arena 1991), so yeah they were kind of contemporaries I guess, although INXS started a lot earlier than the Brit Pop bands, and I think of them being big in the 80s rather than the 90s. Michael Hutchence only died in 97.

This one was '88, which was one of their biggest hits.

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Legend
I was a bit too old to get Tangoed. I apologise to anyone that has not experienced being Tangoed, Apple seduction or Lemon Tango moment before.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads