• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - Ascension Discussion

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Is this right?

Gold Body (Ex)
Your body turns into solid gold.
Prerequisites: Construct or elemental traits, Iron Body, Stone Body.
Benefit: Your body becomes pure iron, giving you a density of 19.3 grams per cubic centimeter and multiplying your mass by x19.3 (assuming you were originally composed of flesh and bone). This increases your Strength score by 43, giving you two additional virtual size categories. (See pages 5-6 of the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Volume One for details on virtual size categories.) You also have damage reduction 5/adamantine in addition to your existing damage reduction.
You are immune to any non-epic effects that might rust you, such as a rust monster's touch. However, you are still vulnerable to epic effects that cause rust, such as the Rusting [Effect] divine ability.

dante58701 said:
While platinum is worth more, I need Gold Body for a theme I'm doing in an Egyptian setting.

The only difference between Platinum Body and Gold Body is that the former gives you +45 Strength while the latter gives you only +43 Strength. So you can go ahead and take Gold Body if you really want to, since +2 Strength won't make THAT much of a difference.

Frobojoe said:
A phrase like this should never appear anywhere near a D&D ability. Just round it already.

But U_K's virtual size category system is so deeply entwined in exact mass multipliers that it's somewhat necessary. And I don't want people jumping on me for implying that pure iron has a density of 8.00 g/cm^3.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Sweet, now I just need to figure out [Material] Body for the various core dragon species.

Copper, Brass, Bronze, Silver

Crystal, Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire.

dante58701 said:
This increases your Strength score by 43, giving you two additional virtual size categories.

Take note that it can give you two or three virtual size categories, depending on your current Strength score. For example, if you started off with 26 Strength, +43 Strength would boost your Strength up to 69, giving you two additional VSCs. However, if you started off with 32 Strength, +43 Strength would boost your Strength up to 75, giving you three additional VSCs.

dante58701 said:
Sweet, now I just need to figure out [Material] Body for the various core dragon species.

Copper, Brass, Bronze, Silver

Crystal, Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire.

I don't think it's necessary to make a [Material] Body ability for every single variety of mineral and metal out there. After all, you really don't need that much precision when an immortal will almost always have a much higher density than the stuff he's supposed to be made of anyway. An immortal with a measly 10 Strength would have the same density of granite if he took Stone Body, but an immortal with 30 Strength would be much more dense than granite if he took Stone Body.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
.19% orichalcum

If .19% orichalcum is .19% of orichalcum (10,000,000x normal mass)...wouldn't that be 19,000x normal mass rather than 4096x normal mass as stated in the epic bestiary?

Hey guys! :)

I'm working tonight, then off for a few days. I'll catch up on this argument tomorrow. Go to work in under an hour and have to get my dinner between now and then.

Incidently, some good news. I have just been approached by an actual real artist and it looks like we have struck a deal, so hopefully I'll be able to get the forthcoming books out in double quick time and they'll look a lot prettier. ;)

Alright, here's a compilation of the [Material] Body abilities, now with the revised Orichalcum Body and Neutronium Body as well. Also, I honestly think that Neutronium Body is too weak to be an omnific ability (I feel sorry for the neutronium eternal who has to fight the omnidimensional eternal in the illustration), so I made it a transcendental ability instead. Having it as a transcendental ability also makes it match up more with the recommended fluid and static bonuses in Table 4-4 as well.

Divine Ability: STONE BODY (EX)
Your body turns into solid granite.
Prerequisites: Construct or elemental traits.
Benefit: Your body becomes pure granite, giving you a density of 2.75 grams per cubic centimeter and multiplying your mass by x2.75 (assuming you were originally composed of flesh and bone). This increases your Strength score by 15, giving you an additional virtual size category. (See pages 5-6 of the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Volume One for details on virtual size categories.) You also have damage reduction 10/adamantine in addition to your existing damage reduction.

Divine Ability: IRON BODY (EX)
Your body turns into solid iron.
Prerequisites: Construct or elemental traits, Stone Body.
Benefit: Your body becomes pure iron, giving you a density of 7.87 grams per cubic centimeter and multiplying your mass by x7.87 (assuming you were originally composed of flesh and bone). This increases your Strength score by 30, giving you two additional virtual size categories. (See pages 5-6 of the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Volume One for details on virtual size categories.) You also have damage reduction 10/adamantine in addition to your existing damage reduction.
You are immune to any non-epic effects that might rust you, such as a rust monster's touch. However, you are still vulnerable to epic effects that cause rust, such as the Rusting [Effect] divine ability.
Special: This divine ability overlaps with Stone Body, it does not stack.

Divine Ability: PLATINUM BODY (EX)
Your body turns into solid platinum.
Prerequisites: Construct or elemental traits, Iron Body, Stone Body.
Benefit: Your body becomes pure platinum, giving you a density of 21.45 grams per cubic centimeter and multiplying your mass by x21.45 (assuming you were originally composed of flesh and bone). This increases your Strength score by 45, giving you three additional virtual size categories. (See pages 5-6 of the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Volume One for details on virtual size categories.) You also have damage reduction 5/adamantine in addition to your existing damage reduction.
Special: This divine ability overlaps with Iron Body and Stone Body, it does not stack.

Transcendental Ability: ORICHALCUM BODY (EX)
Your body turns into dense orichalcum, the raw material of white dwarf stars.
Prerequisites: Construct or elemental traits, Iron Body, Platinum Body, Stone Body.
Benefit: Your body becomes pure orichalcum, giving you a density of 9.64e6 grams per cubic centimeter and multiplying your mass by x9.64e6 (assuming you were originally composed of flesh and bone). This increases your Strength score by 232, giving you 15 or 16 additional virtual size categories depending on your original Strength score. (See pages 5-6 of the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Volume One for details on virtual size categories.) You also add damage reduction 100/— to your existing damage reduction.
Special: This transcendental ability overlaps with Iron Body, Platinum Body, and Stone Body, it does not stack.

Transcendental Ability: NEUTRONIUM BODY (EX)
Your body turns into ultra-dense neutronium, the raw material of neutron stars.
Prerequisites: Construct or elemental traits, Iron Body, Orichalcum Body, Platinum Body, Stone Body.
Benefit: Your body becomes pure neutronium, giving you a density of 3.23e14 grams per cubic centimeter and multiplying your mass by x3.23e14 (assuming you were originally composed of flesh and bone). This increases your Strength score by 482, giving you 32 or 33 additional virtual size categories depending on your original Strength score. (See pages 5-6 of the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Volume One for details on virtual size categories.) You also add damage reduction 1500/— to your existing damage reduction.
Special: This transcendental ability overlaps with Iron Body, Orichalcum Body, Platinum Body, and Stone Body, it does not stack.

Hey guys! :)

I suppose you could have Adamantine without increasing the density. Of course it won't then give you any extra damage.

Neutronium Body may be too weak for an Omnific Power, but its far too powerful for a Transcendental Power, and I wanted to have it in the book.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads