Immortals Index (Pantheons, Mythology Discussion)

Hi there! :)

Okay, this thread is for all things to do with the Immortals Index series. Basically I plan to do a book for each main Earth mythology and a few surprises all the way. ;)

The first three will probably be Aztec Mythology, Celtic Mythology and Mesopotamian Mythology. Why those three you ask? Well because they are less common than the Egyptian, Greek and Norse Pantheons that everyone else does, but still well enough known to get things off to a good start.

So what can you expect in these books. Well I plan for each to be about 96 pages in length.

To have the main gods detailed (full stats as per Ascension). The three main villains of the piece: Pantheon destroyer, Cosmic Afterbirth and God-Slayer detailed. Main heroes and villains outlined. Any epic monsters from the mythology. New epic spells, new domains and domain spells. New artifacts including the powerful Pantheon Artifacts. A brief adventure. Details on constructing Places of Worship. The place of the Pantheon in the cosmic hierarchy of things - how do they relate to other Pantheons or the dimensional Races? New Prestige Classes and generally as much as I can cram into the book as possible.

So are their any Pantheons or Gods you especially want to see? Or do you even want to share your ideas on your own homebrew pantheons with the rest of us? If so, this is the thread for you.

Before someone inevitably asks, I can't see me ever being allowed to officially do the Lovecraftian Pantheon. Though one or two conversions may show up on the website at some point in the future. ;)

However, I do have some surprises in store, assuming the Immortals Index series is successful enough to sustain itself.

hécatonchire

First Post
hello, i m french . sorry for my english.
About grec mythology, i think hades is an elder one. Zeus is a superior deity because he used his quintescence to infant many deities and heroes. And poseidon are superior deity because he used his quintescence to infant many creatures (horses,cow and so on..), monsters (molyonides ). but theyre base is elder (for imprison elder titans)
that's it
ciao amigo ( for upperkrust : i'm matthieu of aix en provence, the ancient boy's friend of vanessa, thank you for the answers about forsakers :D )

hécatonchire said:
hello, i m french . sorry for my english.

Bonsoir Matthieu! :)

hécatonchire said:
About grec mythology, i think hades is an elder one. Zeus is a superior deity because he used his quintescence to infant many deities and heroes. And poseidon are superior deity because he used his quintescence to infant many creatures (horses,cow and so on..), monsters (molyonides ). but theyre base is elder (for imprison elder titans that's it

I am not so sure about this. I'd probably have Hades (76 Levels) and Poseidon (78 Levels) as my top two Greek Intermediate Deities and Zeus (106 Levels) as a fairly powerful Greater Deity.

But there is no right or wrong way to do it. :)

The Titans must be Elder Ones, because they were imprisoned rather than destroyed, which suggest they possess the cosmic string ability and therefore could not be permanently defeated by the Greek Gods.

hécatonchire said:
ciao amigo ( for upperkrust : i'm matthieu of aix en provence, the ancient boy's friend of vanessa,

Nice to see you on the Forums Matthieu. :)

Tell Vanessa I said hello.

hécatonchire said:
thank you for the answers about forsakers :D )

Always happy to help. ;)

Hey Kalitharus dude! :)

Kalitharus said:
*roars a request across a blasted, infernal wasteland in the Abyss*

We want Apsu!!

His stats, at least... :cool:

You mean the pantheon destroyer Apsu (147 HD Elder One), husband of the cosmic afterbirth Tiamat, herself mother (by a different father) of the god-slayer Kingu? That Apsu?

I wonder how they would stack up against their norse peers, Surtur, Jormungandr and Fenris Wolf as adversaries?

I wonder who would venture to guess the major villains of the other Pantheons?

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

I've been watching a bunch of Wuxia/Kung Fu lately. Knowing that you are a martial arts buff I'm looking forward to any spin or flavor you have on the Chinese Mythos, all the way from say Jet Li's portrayal of Wong Fei Hung (probably a Prophet) to Shang Ti (Greater Deity I'm guessing).

Incidentally it also ocurred to me over the weekend that Marvel's In-Betweener is likely a Bi-Sect of Ob and Od. Accordingly I'll probably introduce a version of him as a Greater Deity into an Asian flavored campaign at some point (interestingly enough his "outfit" resembles a gi).

I'm not well versed enough in Chinese Mythology to take a stab at the Destroyer, Umbilical, or God-Slayer though. Could you point me in the right direction?

Hey Kalitharus! :)

Kalitharus said:
The Sumerian/Mesopotamian pantheon is one of my favorites. *grins*

Well lets see who is likely to show up, not the final list, but about 90% complete...

Abaddon

Apsu

Tiamat
Anu

Marduk
Enlil
Utu
Enki
Ki
Ishtar
Lilith
Ereshkigal
Anshar

Girru
Nanna-Sin
Ramman
Mummu
Nimrod
Druaga
Nergal
Kingu

Enkidu
Gilgamesh
Midas

Labbu
Zu

Galla*
Usumgallu*

*May appear in a Volume of the Bestiary

historian said:

Hiya mate! :)

historian said:
I've been watching a bunch of Wuxia/Kung Fu lately.

:cool:

historian said:
Knowing that you are a martial arts buff I'm looking forward to any spin or flavor you have on the Chinese Mythos, all the way from say Jet Li's portrayal of Wong Fei Hung (probably a Prophet) to Shang Ti (Greater Deity I'm guessing).

Correct on both accounts.

Fearless was pretty good. I though Jackie Chan's "The Myth" was terrible. Ong Bak 2 was fantastic (although its not wuxia). I have only seen half a dozen or so in the past 6 months, few have been truly memorable (I saw Ong Bak 2 about a year ago), a handful of Korean wuxia films but offhand I can't remember the titles - they were not bad (Shadowless Sword was one...yes I had to look that up).

There was one really weird (high budget) wuxia movie recently that I can't remember the darn name of...damn my memory. It had this guy running at 500 mph, and lots of cool stuff.

Tsui Hark's "Seven Swords" was disappointing - I can't put my finger on why though, perhaps it was just that none of the characters were engaging enough.

That reminds me...I really should get round to finishing my Storm Riders review on the website some day.

historian said:
Incidentally it also ocurred to me over the weekend that Marvel's In-Betweener is likely a Bi-Sect of Ob and Od.

A Bi-Sect is a type of virtually indestructable construct created by the dimensional bleeding of the Far Realm into the Transitive Planes. Think of them as a cross between Aliens (from the movie Alien) and the Replicators (from Stargate SG1) although they are much bigger, and when "destroyed" split into multiple smaller versions.

historian said:
Accordingly I'll probably introduce a version of him as a Greater Deity into an Asian flavored campaign at some point (interestingly enough his "outfit" resembles a gi).

I wonder did they get the idea for his face from the episode of Star Trek: The Original Series where the two races try to eliminate each other, one has half their face black and half white, the others have the colours on the opposite sides.

historian said:
I'm not well versed enough in Chinese Mythology to take a stab at the Destroyer, Umbilical, or God-Slayer though. Could you point me in the right direction?

The god-slayer is obviously Ma-Yuan, the cosmic afterbirth is the combined Dragon Kings. The pantheon destroyer is a special case I'll keep secret for now. I plan to use him as one of my Thor villains when Marvel let me write the Mighty Thor some years from now. ;)

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Correct on both accounts.

Fearless was pretty good. I though Jackie Chan's "The Myth" was terrible. Ong Bak 2 was fantastic (although its not wuxia). I have only seen half a dozen or so in the past 6 months, few have been truly memorable (I saw Ong Bak 2 about a year ago), a handful of Korean wuxia films but offhand I can't remember the titles - they were not bad (Shadowless Sword was one...yes I had to look that up).

There was one really weird (high budget) wuxia movie recently that I can't remember the darn name of...damn my memory. It had this guy running at 500 mph, and lots of cool stuff.

Thanks!

I appreciate your reviews of other media; you would make a fine film critic.
A Bi-Sect is a type of virtually indestructable construct created by the dimensional bleeding of the Far Realm into the Transitive Planes. Think of them as a cross between Aliens (from the movie Alien) and the Replicators (from Stargate SG1) although they are much bigger, and when "destroyed" split into multiple smaller versions.

I'm really looking forward to the fleshed out Divine Progenies.

The god-slayer is obviously Ma-Yuan, the cosmic afterbirth is the combined Dragon Kings. The pantheon destroyer is a special case I'll keep secret for now. I plan to use him as one of my Thor villains when Marvel let me write the Mighty Thor some years from now.

:)

Many thanks mate, I've a read on things now.

I hope you're still developing you're Thor script?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases