Improving the Choaker

trentonjoe

Explorer
I am not sure if this is the right FOrum but I'll start it here.

I am making an improved Choaker (MM page 36). Essenially
I increased the hit dice to 8, changed the size to medium, and gave it 2 levels of Monk and 1 level of fighter. To make the advancement complete I need to give it 3 more feats. It already has improved initative.

What feats would be apporpriate?

All I can think of is Wepon focus claw, after that nothing jumps out at me.

Any suggestions?

Wolf72

Explorer
can't think of much really ...

I want to help really!

how about ... some sort of spring attack combo?

definitely a hard one ... with monk abilities you've alread got some good stuff.

Fleetwood

First Post
Improved critical is cool, or if I improve monsters and have no specific place to put the new feats, I always use the saving throw enhancers: Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, and Great fortitude.

Crothian

First Post
Fly by attack is always good. Why two levels of monk? That just seems odd, especially since monks have to be lawful and this thing is CN. Power Attack would be good. Add on sunder and improved sunder and really fruestrate PCs as you destroy their weapons.

trentonjoe

Explorer
Crothian said:
Why two levels of monk? That just seems odd, especially since monks have to be lawful and this thing is CN.

Well, I wanted the cool special abilities (Wis to AC, evasion, deflect arrows, and mostly flurry of blows). I know they are usually chaotic but so I figured what the hey, rules are made ot be bent. I am kinda rationalizing it to myself as thius thing is creepy ninja type. Monks are kinda ninjas, bang there is my argument.

Back to the feats. It's BAB is only +6 so I can't take Improved Critical ( I know, NOW I feel I must follow the letter of the rules), it's saves are good enough so none of those guys, it can't fly so I don't know about fly by attack, I think I'll run this vs a well euipted 7th level party so I am afraid that I will have problems hitting or using power attack, I am sure the party will have mostly magic weapons so sunder is out, and I am a feat short to give it sping attack. These are all great suggestions but I nothing really jumps out at me.

IF I replace the fighter level with ranger I only lose one feat and then het the favored enemy (probably human), is that worth it are am I better off taking an extra feat?

Remove ads