D&D 5E In defense of my post....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
There isn’t a Lovecraft estate and his work is in the public domain. There are people with questionable rights that have not yet been adequately challenged in court because why bother? Chaosium has trademarks though. Now that D&D logo is gonna get someone sued and so is the trade dress.

WotC Lawyer #1: "Here's another Kickstarter using our IP. Should I send out the standard cease-and-desist letter?"
WotC Lawyer #2: "Wait, I'm looking at their funding progress so far....naw, don't bother."

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Boy, that's really not how Hasbro works. At all.

Pretty sure it's a joke?

Anyway, I'll use this thread to plug a different Kickstarter, that also has a goal of $25,000 but it's much closer to meeting it's target (but hasn't yet). It's a pretty fun looking gamebook!

1630911865955.png

dave2008

Legend
Ah how foolish of me to realize the lack of that. I guess that is the difference then.
Actually, you may be surprised to learn that Kickstarter is actually for Cthulhu Mythos themed minis, not an RPG at all. The adventure is just a free add on if you but a mini.

Free Bonus Mini-Adventure: Death House Deluxe!​

We've combined the best of WOTC, MandyMod, DragnaCarta, Lunchbox Heroes and our own wicked imagination to give you this amazing 34-page free supplement to enhance WOTC's own free Death House. Trust us - you are going to LOVE this!
...wait, do MandyMod and DragnaCarta know that you're apparently appropriating their work for this kickstarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads