Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Please refer to this post to format your combat posts.

Please roll and post your Initiative results.

Taking a quick look around, the scene was set. The heroes found themselves on the banks of the Vistus River with the missing barge run aground in the distance. Both banks of the river were covered in pine trees. The banks themselves were muddy with a recent rain.

As the group reacted in various ways to Brian Thorvald's quick leap for cover, a rain of arrows leapt through the air and towards our heroes!

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Slow to respond to the quick change of events, Arjhan stands puzzled on deck of Brian's boat.

[sblock=ooc] Init: 8+2=10
Hit Points: 25/25
Surges Remaining: 7/7

EDIT: added Erevan's bonus.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
Iados quickly moves to the side, so as to spread out from the group, as he loosens an blast of dark, eldritch energy in the direction of the arrows source. However, be it his quick movements, their surprise position, or an inability to see his foe, Iados' blast goes wide.

[sblock=OOC]Init:Post #86 - Initiative (1d20+5=20) Result is 22 with Erevan's bonus added in.
Current HP: 28/28
Surges Remaining: 9

Standard Action: Attack nearest Archer seen with Eldritch Blast +3 Ranged, Range 10, dmg 1d10+3 with +1d6 per round. Eldritch Blast (1d20+3=9)
Move Action: Iados will be moving from AF78 to AH73
Minor Action: Warlock's Curse (if he can see the archers) with Fate of the Void on it (free action)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lochness

First Post
As soon as Regdar sees Brian dive for cover and the hail of arrows coming he charges forward towards the source of the arrows.

Initiative (1d20+2=13)
15 with Erevan's bonus

OOC:don't know if I can do these actions out of order but...

Move action:
Moves six squares towards the archers (less if all six squares are not needed)
Minor action: If he is close enough for a melee attack he readies his scythe for an attack
If not he readies his bow.
Standard action:
if scythe (damage 2d4+3)
scythe attack (1d20+5=7)
if bow (damage 1d8+2)
1d20+5=24
If for some reason he is still out of range with the bow he will still fire off an arrow though 1 square short of its range as to deceive the enemy about his effective range. (OOC: would that be a take 5 or is that even allowed?)
Free action: Combat Challenge the archer he attacks if he can (if this isn't a free action then just tell me and I'll edit it out, seemed like it was the way the book is written)

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
ROUND ONE - SURPRISE ROUND
Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Standard Action to fire his Long Bow at Erevan: HIT for 4 damage!
Blackstag Archer 2 takes a Standard Action to fire his Long Bow at Iados: HIT for 7 damage!
Blackstag Archer 3 takes a Standard Action to fire his Long Bow at Erevan: MISS!
Blackstag Spearman 1 does not act.
Blackstag Spearman 2 does not act.
Blackstag Spearman 3 does not act.
Blackstag Spearman 4 does not act.

ROUND ONE
Init Order:
IADOS: 22
ULRIK: 1d20+5=14 :: 16 with the Warlord bonus!
BLACKSTAG ARCHERS: 15
REGDAR: 15
EREVAN: 13
ARJHAN: 10
BLACKSTAG SPEARMEN: 6

IADOS takes a Minor Action to place a Warlock's Curse on Spearman 3.
IADOS takes a Standard Action to use Eldritch Blast on Spearman 3: HIT for 9 damage! - Spearman 3 is slain!
IADOS takes a Move Action to move from AF78 to AH73 (5 squares).

ULRIK takes a Move Action to move from AF81 to AD75 (6sq).
ULRIK takes a Standard Action to use Scorching Burst on Square AH66 to affect Spearman 1 and Spearman 2: MISS on Spearman 1 & HIT on Spearman 2 for 6 Fire damage - Spearman 2 is slain!

Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Standard Action to fire his Long Bow at Erevan: HIT for 5 damage!
Blackstag Archer 2 takes a Standard Action to fire his Long Bow at Iados: HIT for 5 damage!
Blackstag Archer 3 takes a Standard Action to fire his Long Bow at Erevan: MISS!

REGDAR takes a Move Action to move from AF79 to AK75 (5sq).
REGDAR takes a Standard Action to Charge (AK75 to AM73) Spearman 4 with a Basic Melee Attack (Scythe): MISS! :: Spearman 4 is marked.

EREVAN takes a Minor Action to use Inspiring Word on IADOS.
IADOS heals 9 hit points (max).
EREVAN takes a Move Action to move from AE78 to AI73 (5 squares). :: Sorry, I had to edit this because you and Iados would be sharing a square ::
EREVAN takes a Standard Action to use Scorching Burst on Archer 3: MISS!.

ARJHAN takes a Move Action to move from AE79 to AK72 (6 squares).
ARJHAN takes a Standard Action to move from AK72 to AO71 (4 squares).
ARJHAN SPENDS AN ACTION POINT to take a Standard Action to use Piercing Strike on Spearman 4: MISS!.

Spearman 1 takes a Move Action to move from AG66 to AC71 (5 squares).
Spearman 1 takes a Standard Action to use his Spear-Thrown at Iados: HIT for 4 damage!
Spearman 4 takes a Move Action to shift from AN72 to AO73 (1 square).
Spearman 4 takes a Standard Action to use his Spear-Melee on Regdar: MISS!

- END OF ROUND ONE -

Note1: I am NPC-ing Ulrik since SteveGorak hasnt posted in a few days.
Note2: Please see the attached map. Enlarge it to around 400% to see stuff (it's a big freaking map!). The map is updated to the end of Round One.
Note3: On the map, I have marked difficult terrain as a triangle and cover as the Greek letter Theta (I can't seem to to reproduce them here - you'll figure it out). If you are behind 2 squares of cover, you are considered to have total cover.

Attachments

• Encounter 1 - Scene of the Crime.pdf
    240.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Arjhan moves very quickly across the battlefield, dodging around a tree to strike at Regdar's opponent. His dagger misses the target nearly impaling it on his own leg.

[sblock=ooc] Init: 10
Hit Points: 25/25
Surges Remaining: 7/7
Action Points: 0/1

move: move to AK72
standard: move around to AO71 to flank S4
action point: piercing strike (atk, dmg, sneak (1d20+7=8, 1d4+3=4, 2d6+3=11)) miss ~ man I hate rolling a 1 on an action point.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases