Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

EvolutionKB

First Post
Erevan strides forward, yanking the arrows from his shoulder. He calls out to Iados. "This battle is not even close to over, fight on Iados!" He gestures with his blade, and a burst of fire scorches the ground. The archer, his target, is able avoid the blast easily.

[sblock=Actions]Inspiring Word on Iados. HS + 5 hp. Roll Lookup
Move to AH73. Cast scorching burst, catching A3. Vs. Reflex: 10, 7 damage. Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Erevan
HP: 15/24 HS: 8/8(6)
AP: 1
AC: 18 F: 18 R: 15 W: 12
Second Wind
Warlord's Favor
Fey Step(expended)
Scorching burst
Inspiring Word
Lead the Attack
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Round One is complete. Please use the most recently updated version of the encounter map to post actions for Round Two.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Reassured by the tree behind him, Ulrik is quick to act and focuses on the Cultist approaching his companions from behind. There is a slight glow around his hands as he channels arcane energy.

[sblock=OOC]
Init (+5): 17
Current HP: 22/22
Surges Remaining: 7
Surges Value: 5

Standard Action: Attack Spearman BT or Speearman 1 if BT is dead OR if BT acts before Ulrik (the goal is to be able to apply the 3 auto damage). Cast Cloud of Daggers : 3 automatic damage if Ulrik acts before ennemy (no attack roll, no save), 1d20+4= 10 vs. ref. Damage 1d6+4= 10. Cloud remains till end of next turn.

Move Action: None
Minor Action: None
Spend Action Point to: na

Immediate Action: Interrupt. None
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Get the archers!" Erevan says to Iados. The eladrin steps out into the open, and charges the spearman. He ducks and spins at the last moment, his natural agility keeping him on his feet as he aims a back hand slash at the spearman's knees.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to AF74
Standard: Charge S1(ending move in AD72) 17 to hit for 7 damage. Roll Lookup
Immediate: None
Minor: None
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Erevan
HP: 15/24 HS: 8/8(6)
AP: 1
AC: 18 F: 18 R: 15 W: 12
Second Wind
Warlord's Favor
Fey Step
Scorching burst(expended)
Inspiring Word
Lead the Attack
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Arjhan moves to flank his opponent with Regdar aiming a dagger at the spearman's back.

[sblock=ooc] Init: 10
Hit Points: 25/25
Surges Remaining: 7/7
Action Points: 0/1

move: shift to flank with Regdar
standard: piercing strike (atk, dmg (incl. sneak) (1d20+7=25, 1d4+3+2d6+3=15)) hit.

Note: If Regdar manages to incapacitate the spearman on his own, then Arjhan will move north to try and get behind a big group of trees to hide.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Iados shouts, "On 'em!"

Quickly Iados voice takes on a surreal bass, as the tiefling speaks in the tongue of Deep Speech, lending his words power, power that issues forth a blast of eldritch power that follows a path toward the target that he just cursed.

[sblock=OOC]Current HP: 28/28
Surges Remaining: 9

Minor Action: Warlock's Curse on Archer 1 (A1) with Fate of the Void on it (free action)
Standard Action: Attack Archer 1 (A1) seen with Eldritch Blast +4 Ranged, Range 10, dmg 1d10+3 with +1d6 per round.
Post #97 - Eldritch Blast (1d20+4=12, 1d10+3=10, 1d6=4)
Move Action: Iados remains at his current location.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
ROUND TWO
Init Order:
IADOS: 22
ULRIK: 16
BLACKSTAG ARCHERS: 15
REGDAR: 15
EREVAN: 13
ARJHAN: 10
BLACKSTAG SPEARMEN: 6

IADOS takes a Minor Action to place a Warlock's Curse - with Fate of the Void - on Blackstag Spearman 1.
IADOS takes a Standard Action to use Eldritch Blast on Blackstag Spearman 1: MISS!

Note: Iados' closest enemy he can see is Spearman 1, hence he must curse this target. I have altered Iados' actions to reflect this.

ULRIK takes a Standard Action to use Cloud of Daggers on square AC71 (colored blue on the map). Blackstag Spearman 1 takes 3 automatic damage and is slain!

Note: 'BT' is Brian Thorvald. I am going to assume you don't want to attack him. He is a non-combatant at this point.

Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Move Action to move from AD58 to AA62 (4 squares).
Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Standard Action to use his Longbow against Regdar: HIT for 9 damage!
Blackstag Archer 2 takes a Standard Action to use his Longbow against Arjhan: HIT for 13 damage! OUCH
Blackstag Archer 3 takes a Move Action to move from AD65 to AG61 (5 squares).
Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Standard Action to use his Longbow against Ulrik: CRIT for 13 damage!

REGDAR takes a Move Action to shift from AM73 to AN74 (1 square).
REGDAR takes a Standard Action to use Reaping Strike on Blackstag Spearman 4: HIT! Blackstag Spearman 4 is slain.

EREVAN takes a Move Action to move from AI73 to AM67 (6 squares).
EREVAN takes a Standard Action to use his Javelin against Blackstag Archer 3: 1d20+5=22 vs AC - HIT for 1d6+3=7 damage!

ARJHAN takes a Move Action to move from AO71 to AO65 (6 squares).

Note - Erevan & Arjhan: I had to choose actions for you since your posted actions were invalidated by prior actions. I couldn't find a better option for Arjhan than moving into what is total cover from Archer 3 and getting into position to attack for next round.

- END OF ROUND Two -

Note1: Please see the attached map. Enlarge it to around 400% to see stuff (it's a big freaking map!). The map is updated to the end of Round Two.
Note2: On the map, I have marked difficult terrain as a triangle and cover as the Greek letter Theta (I can't seem to to reproduce them here - you'll figure it out). If you are behind 2 squares of cover, you are considered to have total cover.

Attachments

• Encounter 1 - Scene of the Crime.pdf
    251.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ulrick recoils from the pain of the arrow. "another one llike this and I am gone!" he mutters to himself. He'll duck on the ground for additional cover, and focus on controlling his pain

Note: If archer 1 gets within range of Ulrik this round, the wizard will use an action point to cast a cloud of daggers on A1

[sblock=OOC]
Init (+5): 15 (I only did d20+4, should have been +5)
Current HP: 9/22 (13 damage from archer 1)
Surges Remaining: 7
Surges Value: 5

Move Action: duck on the ground of cover
Standard Action: Use healing surge for +5 hp, note +2 to defenses till beginnign of next turn
Minor Action: None
Spend Action Point to: [/b] Attack Archer 1 Cast Cloud of Daggers : 3 automatic damage(no attack roll, no save), 1d20+4= 7 vs. ref. Damage 1d20+4= 7 ]1d6+4= 9. Cloud remains till end of next turn.

Immediate Action: Interrupt. Use staff of defense class feature (+1 to saves only if hit, encounter power)
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Ducking behind the tree to hide from the archer, Arjhan moves stealthily out of his hiding place creaping up to the next tree. From behind it he launches a shuriken in to the archer's neck.

[sblock=ooc]Thats perfect I was wanting to move into position to take a stealth check to get combat advantage with my shuriken or dagger attacks. This will work perfectly I think, just gotta check up on the new stealth rules.

He would've chosen to hide at the end of that move. stealth (1d20+8=27)

Init: 10
Hit Points: 12/25 ~ bloodied
Surges Remaining: 7/7
Action Points: 0/1

Move: to AK63
Standard: basic ranged attack with Shuriken atk (with combat advantage), dmg, combat advantage (1d20+8=22, 1d6+3=9, 2d6+3=9) hopefully a hit for 18 dmg.
Minor:

If I understand the stealth rules, I hide at the end of my move action last round (there was probably a -5 to that roll). Then on this round I can move forward and attack with combat advantage. I couldn't tell if I needed another stealth check for the move up to the closer tree, if so here it is: stealth (1d20+8=15) with potentially a -5 for moving so far. Man these are actually confusing rules.

Note that if I've got it wrong, I'd still have moved up that far and used the shuriken attack above without combat advantage.[/sblock]

Remove ads