• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Insight

Adventurer
ROUND FOUR
Init Order:
IADOS: 22
ULRIK: 16
BLACKSTAG ARCHERS: 15
REGDAR: 15
EREVAN: 13
ARJHAN: 10

IADOS takes a Move Action to move from AD67 to AB63 (4 squares).
IADOS takes a Minor Action to use Warlock's Curse (Fate of the Void) on Blackstag Archer 2.
IADOS takes a Standard Action to use Eldritch Blast on Blackstag Archer 2: MISS!

ULRIK takes a Move Action to stand up from prone.
ULRIK takes a Standard Action to move from AD75 to AC69 (6 squares).
Note1: It is a Move Action to stand up from prone, not a Minor Action.
Note2: At this point, you are out of range for most of your powers. In fact, the only power that can hit the archers is Sleep, a daily. If you still want to spend an action point and use that power on the archers, let me know and I'll edit this round.

Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Move Action to move from AB57 to AE57 (3 squares).
Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Standard Action to use Rain of Arrows on Square AJ61 - attack EREVAN: MISS!; attack ARJHAN (+2 bonus for cover): MISS!
Blackstag Archer 2 takes a Move Action to move from AD56 to AJ53 (6 squares).
Blackstag Archer 2 takes a Standard Action to fire his Longbow at EREVAN: HIT! for 6 damage

REGDAR takes a Move Action to move from AM69 to AM63 (6 squares).
REGDAR takes a Free Action to reload his Longbow.
REGDAR takes a Standard Action to fire his Longbow at Blackstag Archer 1: MISS!
Note: I'm not sure how you think you can move 12 squares as a Move Action, so I put you 6 squares ahead.

EREVAN takes a Move Action to move from AH62 to AF58 (4 squares).
EREVAN takes a Standard Action to Second Wind: heals 7 hit points (18/24).
EREVAN spends an Action Point to use his Longsword against Blackstag Archer 1: MISS!

ARJHAN takes a Move Action to move from AK63 to AE59 (6 squares).
Note: You moved more than 2 squares, so your Stealth check is even worse :-S You and Erevan could try to set up a flank on your next turn.

- END OF ROUND FOUR -

Note1: Please see the attached map. Enlarge it to around 400% to see stuff (it's a big freaking map!). The map is updated to the end of Round Four.
Note2: On the map, I have marked difficult terrain as a triangle and cover as the Greek letter Theta (I can't seem to to reproduce them here - you'll figure it out). If you are behind 2 squares of cover, you are considered to have total cover.

Attachments

• Encounter 1 - Scene of the Crime.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Note1: It is a Move Action to stand up from prone, not a Minor Action.
Note2: At this point, you are out of range for most of your powers. In fact, the only power that can hit the archers is Sleep, a daily. If you still want to spend an action point and use that power on the archers, let me know and I'll edit this round.

OCC: Ulrik does not have sleep prepared anyways (flaming sphere is normally prepared), so he can't use it.

IC: Quick to act, Ulrik will rush to square AG63, and cast a cloud of daggers on A1 & use an action point to cast another cloud of daggers on A2.

[sblock=OOC]
Init (+5): 25 (booya! ;-)
Current HP: 14/22 (13 damage from archer 1, heal 5 from action surge)
Surges Remaining: 6
Surges Value: 5

Minor Action: none
Move Action: move 6 squares forward to AG63
Standard Action: Attack archer 1 : 3 auto damage if Ulrik acts before ennemy 1d20+4=21 vs. ref. Damage 1d6+4=8

Spend Action Point to: Attack archer 2 : 3 auto damage if Ulrik acts before ennemy 1d20+4= 8 vs. ref. Damage 1d6+4=8.

Immediate Action: Interrupt. If hit by any attack this round, Ulrik will use his staff of defense encounter power (+1 to defesenses)[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
OCC: Ulrik does not have sleep prepared anyways (flaming sphere is normally prepared), so he can't use it.

IC: Quick to act, Ulrik will rush to square AG63, and cast a cloud of daggers on A1 & use an action point to cast another cloud of daggers on A2.

[sblock=OOC]
Init (+5): 25 (booya! ;-)
Current HP: 14/22 (13 damage from archer 1, heal 5 from action surge)
Surges Remaining: 6
Surges Value: 5

Minor Action: none
Move Action: move 6 squares forward to AG63
Standard Action: Attack archer 1 : 3 auto damage if Ulrik acts before ennemy 1d20+4=21 vs. ref. Damage 1d6+4=8

Spend Action Point to: Attack archer 2 : 3 auto damage if Ulrik acts before ennemy 1d20+4= 8 vs. ref. Damage 1d6+4=8.

Immediate Action: Interrupt. If hit by any attack this round, Ulrik will use his staff of defense encounter power (+1 to defesenses)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Your init doesn't change from round to round unless you delay.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Leaping from the woods, Arjhan moves quickly out and around his foe, circling behind. His dagger plunges into the archer dropping or stunning him.

[sblock=ooc]alrighty, I can move around to flanking for the double team. If A1 is dead at my init, apply the same rolls to A2 with a basic ranged attack (atk 24, dmg 4).

Init: 10
Hit Points: 12/25 ~ bloodied
Surges Remaining: 7/7
Action Points: 0/1

Move: to AD56
Standard: stunning attack on A1 (1d20+7=24, 1d4+3=4, 2d6+3=10)
Minor:

[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Moving nearby Erevan, Iados launches a curse on the archer near the warlord while also blasting the archer he had been attaching with a blast of eldritch power.

OOC

Current HP: 28/28
Surges Remaining: 9

Move Action: Iados will be moving from AD67 to AG59
Minor Action: Warlock's Curse on Archer 1 (A2) with Fate of the Void on it (free action)
Standard Action: Attack Archer 2 seen with Eldritch Blast +4 Ranged, Range 10, dmg 1d10+3 with +1d6 per round.
Post #116 - Attack on Archer 2 (1d20+3=21, 1d10+3=7, 1d6=2)

Both Archer 1 and 2 are under curses from Iados now.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Erevan ducks and feints at the archer's legs. He quickly stands doing a vertical slash at the archer's torso. Iados seeing the brave warlord fighting even though he was barely standing takes inspiration to bolster himself.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Unused but see below*
Standard: Warlord's favor vs A1. 20 to hit 9 damage and Iados gains +5 to attacks until the end of my next turn.
Minor: Unused

*If A1 is dead, I'll move to AJ54.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
Erevan
HP: 5/24 HS: 7/8(6)
AP: 0
AC: 18(20) F: 18(20) R: 15(17) W: 12(14)
Second Wind(expended)
Warlord's Favor
Fey Step
Scorching burst(expended)
Inspiring Word (expended)
Lead the Attack
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
ROUND FOUR
Init Order:
IADOS: 22
ULRIK: 16
BLACKSTAG ARCHERS: 15
REGDAR: 15 ** NPC-ing him this round - no post **
EREVAN: 13
ARJHAN: 10

IADOS takes a Move Action to move from AD67 to AG59 (6 squares).
IADOS takes a Minor Action to use Warlock's Curse (Fate of the Void) on Blackstag Archer 1.
IADOS takes a Standard Action to use Eldritch Blast on Blackstag Archer 1: HIT for 9 damage!

ULRIK takes a Minor Action to move from AC69 to AG63 (6 squares).
ULRIK takes a Standard Action to use Cloud of Daggers on Square AE57: against Blackstag Archer 1 - HIT for 8 damage! - Blackstag Archer 1 is Bloodied
ULRIK spends an ACTION POINT to use Cloud of Daggers on Square AJ53: against Blackstag Archer 2 - MISS

Blackstag Archer 1 takes 3 force damage from Cloud of Daggers.
Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Move Action to shift from AE57 to AD56 (1 square).
Blackstag Archer 1 takes a Standard Action to move from AD56 to Z52 (5 squares).
Blackstag Archer 2 takes 3 force damage from Cloud of Daggers.
Blackstag Archer 2 takes a Move Action to move from AJ53 to AH48 (5 squares).
Blackstag Archer 2 takes a Standard Action to fire his Longbow at EREVAN: MISS!

All of you close enough hear Blackstag Archers 1 and 2 speaking to one another in a strange language.

Insight Checks
IADOS: 1d20+7=27
EREVAN: 1d20-1=16
ARJHAN: 1d20-1=11

[sblock=Iados & Erevan]You get the sense that the archers are looking for a way to flee.[/sblock]

REGDAR takes a Move Action to move from AM63 to AG57 (6 squares).
REGDAR takes a Free Action to reload his Longbow.
REGDAR takes a Standard Action to fire his Longbow at Blackstag Archer 2: 1d20+4=15 - HIT for 1d10=10 damage! - Blackstag Archer 2 is Bloodied

EREVAN uses a Move Action to move from AF58 to AA52 (6 squares).
EREVAN takes a Standard Action to use Longsword - Melee Basic Attack against Blackstag Archer 1: HIT for 9 damage! - Blackstag Archer 1 DROPS!
Note1: Next time, please link your rolls from Invisible Castle or I will re-roll them.
Note2: I edited your action because it would have been pointless to use Warlords Favor since the power's effects would have been moot.

ARJHAN takes a Move Action to move from AE59 to AD54 (5 squares).
ARJHAN takes a Standard Action to use Shuriken - Ranged Basic Attack against Blackstag Archer 2: Hit for 1d6+3=9 damage! - Blackstag Archer 2 DROPS!

- END OF ROUND FIVE -

Note1: Please see the attached map. Enlarge it to around 400% to see stuff (it's a big freaking map!). The map is updated to the end of Round Five.
Note2: On the map, I have marked difficult terrain as a triangle and cover as the Greek letter Theta (I can't seem to to reproduce them here - you'll figure it out). If you are behind 2 squares of cover, you are considered to have total cover.
Note3: You don't see any more enemies, but post actions for Round Six just in case (could be some hiding!)

Attachments

• Encounter 1 - Scene of the Crime.pdf
    233.3 KB · Views: 103

EvolutionKB

First Post
Erevan wipes the blood off his blade on the cloak of one of the archers. He begins searching the bodies of the cultists, looking for some clue to why they would come back to the area.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Please note that both A1 and A2 get 3 points of additional damage (Ulrik's wis mod) because they started their round in the cloud. If A2 is a minion he's dead.

Remove ads