Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Erekose13

Explorer
Arjhan collects his shuriken and then quietly, "We should continue towards the boat. I'll head out first quietly." Then he slinks away moving quickly and quietly between trees towards the boat.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Keep our eyes peeled, though," says Iados with a cautious tone. "If they had time to setup an ambush, maybe they setup two."

Lochness

First Post
"Eh? You guys can head for the boat. I'm gonna take a look for anything of value."
Regdar begins searching the corpses of the archers for any equipment of interest or value.

OCC:
Sorry about the 12 space move thing. I was doing frantic last min packing and a bunch of other things when I was posting that.

Insight

Adventurer
After a search of the area, including the dead Blackstag Cultists and the Barge, the heroes found a few items of interest:

* Each Archer carries 35gp and each Spearman carries 15gp, for a total of 165gp.
* Blackstag Archer 3 carries a Healing Potion.
* Blackstag Archer 1 carries a SCRAWLED NOTE (see below) and an ENCRYPTED BLACKSTAG NOTE.
* Inside the barge, the body of Hale Penzant, Mayor Haylen's friend, is found.

[sblock=SCRAWLED NOTE]
Horace -

We are ready. Expect the do-gooders to arrive in the next hour or so.

- Brian
[/sblock]

You have each briefly looked at the ENCRYPTED BLACKSTAG NOTE but have not deciphered it.

THIS IS THE END OF ENCOUNTER ONE.

[sblock=OOC]Each character receives 100xp for this encounter.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well they certainly appear to be well funded for bandits. I wonder if it was from Hale's boat. I'll help carry him back to town for a proper burrial. Guess Brian had this all planned out, didn't he." says Arjhan ruminating on the end of the battle.

Lochness

First Post
"I don't think they're bandits really...anyways lets take what we can and leave before their friends come and see why they haven't heard from them." Regdar commented.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Mind if I see those," asks Iados as he points at the pair of notes. "Sometimes things aren't as good as the writing on the paper, when it comes to the truth, at least."

Iados looks at the plain note, looking closely to see if there is any hesitation in the writing or language of the message, so as to gain an insight into the validity of what it is saying. Next, the tiefling will look at the encrypted note, to see if he can gain any purchase on what it says, as he's accustomed to the more shadowy venues of life.

OOC

Basically, Iados is making an insight check on the plain note (Insight (1d20+7=16)) and a Thievery check on the encrypted note (Thievery (1d20+6=14)).

Now this is just a presumption of the skills needed, if I'm wrong, well...obviously we'll go from there. *grins*

Remove ads