Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Insight

Adventurer
With no further clues as to Brian Thorvald's disappearance, our intrepid heroes, encrypted note in hand, as well as the body of the fallen Hale Penzant, return to Haylen's Ford.

OOC: Please post your actions once you've reached town.

EvolutionKB

First Post
As they reach the city, Erevan speaks up. "We should go to the mayor right away, he will want to see the body himself probably. Brian's disappearance concerns me too. Do you think he has something to do with the cult?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"I don't know that we want to be dragging the body through the middle of town. Perhaps a couple of us should wait here with it until you can bring the mayor." offers Arjhan.

Friadoc

Explorer
"I can stay with the body," suggests Iados as he hands the notes to Erevan. "But, I don't think we should keep all our eggs in one basket, take these with you."

"I can do a good job at keeping folk at bay, if needed, as well as talk things down, too," adds Iados. "Plus, the town folk and mayor seem to take Erevan as our leader, which gives him some clout."

Insight

Adventurer
Iados and the rest find a suitable spot in the woods just outside Haylen's Ford. Once Iados has set the body of Hale Penzant in some bushes, the rest of our heroes head into town.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Erevan takes the note, noting the wisdom of his comrades.

Plus, the town folk and mayor seem to take Erevan as our leader, which gives him some clout."

A surge of pride flows through the eladrin, easily seen on his face. "Very well, let us go see the mayor now then. We can then have somebody look over the note, and perhaps Brian will return by then."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
We can then have somebody look over the note, and perhaps Brian will return by then."[/COLOR]

Thinking out loud to his companions, Ulrik says: "It would be convenient if he does, but does not explain his disapearance. The note was signed by a "Brian", we need to check if it's the same one. Maybe we can find a city ledger with Brian's signature, so we may compare it to the note we have. In my opinion, we should be very careful about who our allies are. Brian, and whoever is allied with, may be against us, and most importantly, against the townfolk. The mayor seems to be fond of Brian, so questionning his motives may not be well received."

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: How do you guys want to approach this? We could do it as a Skill Challenge if you wish (combining figuring out about Brian Thorvald as well as dealing with the note).

Remove ads