Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Lochness

First Post
"At the same time seeing how the Mayor reacts to us questioning Brian might give us some answers..."

OOC: More partial to RPing it out

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

I'm cool with role-playing it out, mixed with skill challenges for a mechanic, but I'm good with whatever works best for the group, too. Basically, I'm fairly easy, but I do like challenges, too. :D

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: All right, let's handle this as a Skill Challenge. It's going to be fairly loose since your group has a few things to accomplish.

State what it is you're trying to accomplish within say a 5min to 1hour period of time and then roll your skill check. Multiple skill checks for the same skill will take a cumulative -1 penalty, so choose your skills wisely. Roll all on Invisible Castle and link your result. Otherwise, it counts as a failure. Rolling a natural 20 counts as 2 successes. If you want to use powers or feats during your skill check, that's fine.

This challenge will be 8 successes before 3 failures. Basic DC will be 15 but certain actions may be +2/-2 to the DC.

GO!

Erekose13

Explorer
On their way to the mayor, Arjhan will stop to talk to a few people in the streets or in one of the small food establishments to get a sense of the latest news on the cult or on opinions of the mayor. He wants to be a bit more prepared during their negotiations before they meet face to face.

streetwise (1d20+8=17)

Insight

Adventurer
On their way to the mayor, Arjhan will stop to talk to a few people in the streets or in one of the small food establishments to get a sense of the latest news on the cult or on opinions of the mayor. He wants to be a bit more prepared during their negotiations before they meet face to face.

streetwise (1d20+8=17)

"Har, that cult is up to no good. Captured my nephew last week. Turned his mind against his own family! Now, he's one of THEM."

"Mayor Haylen? His family has been with the town since it started. Fine folk, I'd say!"

"The mayor runs this town like he owns it. Well, he don't, I tell ya! You ask me, the guilds are runnin' this town now. Ask the blacksmith, or the guy running the river barges, or the banker, or the jeweler, or... well, any tradesman really. They listen to the GUILDS first, then the politicians."

"Everyone knows the Blackstag Cult is up to something... but what? My money is on this town, Haylen's Ford. I think they want something here. I can't think of any other reason why they don't strike."

OOC: 1 Success!

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Erevan tries to remember back to stories of the Cult. Did people ever go missing from town and then show up allied with the Cult? How long was Brian gone for after the attack?

[sblock=History 12(Nat one)]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2108217/
[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Hey, all, I've not had Iados make any rolls for this challenge since I was under the impression that he was staying behind, guarding the body...but, if I was wrong or if I am able to participate in the rolls while watching the body, then I'll participate.

Anyhow, off to PaizoCon in seven hours...fair warning, will be out of touch for at least 15 hours, as well as some Con madness.

Insight

Adventurer
Erevan tries to remember back to stories of the Cult. Did people ever go missing from town and then show up allied with the Cult? How long was Brian gone for after the attack?

[sblock=History 12(Nat one)]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2108217/
[/sblock]

Erevan struggles to recall any useful piece of information regarding the Blackstag Cult or its influence in and around Haylen's Ford.

In terms of Brian's absence, are you asking about when you were ambushed, how long was he around in the background?

OOC: 1 Success, 1 Failure

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ulrik will go about researching in the city library and town hall to see if he can find a legder or any document with a sample of Brian's writing (such as an act of sale, property deed, etc). The goal is to compare it to the note we have.

(not sure which check to use so I rolled these two): History (+9): 13; Insight (+8): 25

Remove ads