Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ulrik will rest a bit to recover from his wounds

OCC: spend the required healing surges to get back to max HP. I'm not sure what kind of powers the others have that can boost his recovery or decrease the # of surges required, but any help is much appreciated!

EvolutionKB

First Post
"We can split this up later," the eladrin says, pointing to the loot. Erevan breaks off a piece of the barge to serve as a sled to help them drag the body back to town. "I doubt they would strike again, we were in dire straits for a moment there. We should get back to town though. Our mission here is complete."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'll lead us back, the trail Brain followed shouldn't be too difficult." replies Arjhan as he moves to lead the group back to town. "That is unless you want me to help carry the body on the makeshift sled you've got going Erevan?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
"No, I think Regdar and I can handle it." The warrior rolls the body on the makeshift sled, placing his cloak over the corpse. "Speaking of Brian, where did he go?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'll lead us back then. Let's check where we left Brian first." replies Arjhan as he leads the group back to where Brian last was before they arrived.

Insight

Adventurer
"Mind if I see those," asks Iados as he points at the pair of notes. "Sometimes things aren't as good as the writing on the paper, when it comes to the truth, at least."

Iados looks at the plain note, looking closely to see if there is any hesitation in the writing or language of the message, so as to gain an insight into the validity of what it is saying. Next, the tiefling will look at the encrypted note, to see if he can gain any purchase on what it says, as he's accustomed to the more shadowy venues of life.

OOC

Basically, Iados is making an insight check on the plain note (Insight (1d20+7=16)) and a Thievery check on the encrypted note (Thievery (1d20+6=14)).

Now this is just a presumption of the skills needed, if I'm wrong, well...obviously we'll go from there. *grins*

OOC: Perhaps someone back in Haylen's Ford can help you decipher the note.

Insight

Adventurer
"I'll lead us back then. Let's check where we left Brian first." replies Arjhan as he leads the group back to where Brian last was before they arrived.

The group tracks Brian Thorvald back to the last place you saw him, about 30ft behind where the combat took place. There is no immediate sign of where he is or where he might have gone.

OOC: Perception check for all to try to find tracks.

Friadoc

Explorer
After looking at the notes for a few moment, Iados frowns and puts them away, muttering to himself, "Definitely gonna need some help on that code."

But, with that said, he tiefling sees the others looking for Brian, then looking for Brian's tracks, and he joins in to see if he can help find them.

OOC

Perception to Track (1d20+2=18)

Remove ads