• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign [OOC]

Insight

Adventurer
I loved it. Oh man, I loved it. Saw the movie with 2 of my roommates, a friend, and my girlfriend. It's all we've been talking about for an hour. As someone who grew up in Texas, it was nice to see Austin as the primary setting.

[sblock=Robert Rodriguez]Lives in Austin and shoots most of his movies there. I want to meet him so very badly.[/sblock]

Why, oh why, won't Rodriguez hurry up and do Sin City 2?

See? I wouldn't steer you wrong!

Shayuri

First Post
Insight, I'm confused. When did Amica go out into the sandstorm?

I had her peer out of the tent, not exit it, and then start battening down the hatches.

Insight

Adventurer
Insight, I'm confused. When did Amica go out into the sandstorm?

I had her peer out of the tent, not exit it, and then start battening down the hatches.

Checking the tent foundations would require exiting the tent (the stakes used to hold the tent in place are outside the tent, just like any other tent). There's nothing Amica could do from inside. If you want to edit what Amica is doing, that's fine. My interpretation was that she would had to have gone outside to do what you described her doing.

Shayuri

First Post
Ah! I am so silly.

My mental image was her doing that from the inside...but you're right. If she could do that from inside, then the storm would be able to get in through those gaps...

Not much personal experience with tents. My apologies :)

Shayuri

First Post
I am so confused.

Okay. Amica went out to check the tent, making an Endurance roll.

She discovered the tent isn't doing well, and probably won't last much longer, so she headed for the mine...making another Endurance roll.

Now where is she? Your reply to my OOC question in the IC thread made it sound like she was inside something. The tent? The mine?

I ask, because all the other PC's came -out- of the mine just about the same time (I thought) that she was going -into- it. If that's not the case...if we're all posting on different time-zones, that's fine. That would resolve my confusion. Another possible solution would be if she went to a different mineshaft than the PCs were in...or had to follow a different route to it than they did away from it.

Just for my peace of mind then...what happened, and where is Amica now, exactly? :)

Insight

Adventurer
I am so confused.

Okay. Amica went out to check the tent, making an Endurance roll.

She discovered the tent isn't doing well, and probably won't last much longer, so she headed for the mine...making another Endurance roll.

Now where is she? Your reply to my OOC question in the IC thread made it sound like she was inside something. The tent? The mine?

I ask, because all the other PC's came -out- of the mine just about the same time (I thought) that she was going -into- it. If that's not the case...if we're all posting on different time-zones, that's fine. That would resolve my confusion. Another possible solution would be if she went to a different mineshaft than the PCs were in...or had to follow a different route to it than they did away from it.

Just for my peace of mind then...what happened, and where is Amica now, exactly? :)

Amica would have needed to make an Endurance check when she was outside checking the posts and then another as she crossed the camp. I wasn't aware Amica was heading for a mine shaft. In that case, if she headed to the nearest mine shaft, she would have headed to Mine Shaft B. In doing so, Amica would have seen what was happening at the "mystery" tent and would have seen Korg and Kesh approaching from Mine Shaft C. You can choose to alter Amica's stated intent if she would stop at the "mystery" tent or do something else.

In any event, Amica needs to make one more Endurance check and will need to roll Initiative if she wants to get involved in the combat going on at the "mystery" tent.

Remove ads