Into the Woods

mips42

Adventurer
The group collectively crawls up off the floor, goes back through the passage, through the tea room, and back to the room with the spiral staircase. The entire trip, you can feel... something watching. Keeping track of you and, more than once, you feel tyhe urge to turn and look behind you.
Arriving in the waiting room, the stairwell sits, open. Looking up, an ever-so-faint greenish light can be seen from the upper floor, looking down reveals no details.

Attachments

• 1618778464976.png
    1618778464976.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 64

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Well that's not concerning..." says Albrecht with ironic understatement.

He looks to the front door, which he lodged open with a large rock. Is it still open? If so, he considers how he can use a rock to ensure they do't get trapped inside if they make their way upstairs.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Shall we try to find another rock and position it so the gate can't close on us?" asks Albrecht. He'll start looking for something to ensure they are not trapped. If there was a mechanism they had triggered, Albrecht is not aware of it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"It is like we are being invited. Why worry? Either we talk through this with the master of the house who may or may not be alive. Or we fight. As in any fight, we live or die. We are not at our best for sure, but...you know, it's like...do you want to rest in this house?" Umbril is starting the ascent unless someone stops him

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Let's just say I'm cautious," says Albrecht, as he goes outside, and hauls another boulder in. "This should just take a minute, and it gives us some safety, I hope."

mips42

Adventurer
You slowly ascend the stairs and reach the second floor. A soft green glowing mist, slowly swirling at even the slightest movement, hovers about an inch above the moldering rug that covers the floor as far as you can see. There is a hallway that goes North, one that goes West and a wider one that goes South.
1619755945996.png

Remove ads