(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 4)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr nods to Silverphase

"Thank you for your support, old friend."

" Angel, why are you bound by the Mandate? The Seventh Heaven does not seem the place to support the Red Death. I have more to lose than most from such a being, as do you and yours, being creatures of magic, we shall be the first to fall when it comes here, as the Faerie will become creatures of nightmare, so will become myself and those who follow me. I wish to know what the Seventh find so disturbing they are willing to risk this corruption of so much to avert it. I know those great beings would not follow such a seemingly foolish cause without great reason. "

Maudlin

First Post
OOC: Sorry for my unannounced absence from the online world. I neglected to announce it even to myself..

IC:
The living, the dead, the Shade, stand united in peace.

I applaud the effort of the Shade to convince Acererak to join with us in unity.

I fear, unfortunately, that he will not do so ... and this will be very sad. For Acererak is a very wise and very knowledgable being, and were he to spread his lore and knowledge to those eager to learn, it would be a richer world.

(Mina sighs)

A richer world, in which magic would flourish.
If Acererak would join us in peace.
If he would put aside hate and anger.
Hearing his name invoked, the Avatar of Acererak appears in a thunderclap at the conference, greatly transformed. He has become a humanoid giant of boiling black energy, framing the familiar and grisly jeweled skull now crowned by black lightning.

He speaks:

"Hatred? Anger? You ask me to be the most forgiving creature in the multiverse, mortal child. This, I am most decidedly not. Nor, I believe, is this what your One True God teaches."

"I take what is mine, and require that I keep it. "

"THEY!", he screams, and his anger floods the area with deathly cold, pointing at the Union leaders, "they despoil my lands, kill my children, and set out on a genocidal campaign aimed at the utter destruction of my wards! This very PLACE was recently the site of a grisly hecatomb! And you ask what of me? To embrace them? To help them flourish? Don't be foolish. "

"I agree with you about the redemption of punishment, little prophet. Tell me then, what would be the punishment your God would decree for leaders who had slaughtered all of YOUR people? Redeem these creatures for me, and I might consider your offer. After all, it is their people you wish to call to your cause, not these misguided figureheads."

"A nice prelude would be to restore my lands to me, raise all those they robbed of unlife to their position, and to hang these two criminals in a cage in my crypt with their hands and feet cut off permanently. After that, I may let off those who blindly followed their selfrighteous orders with only minor castigation."

"They have pleaded peace before, little prophet, but only when it suits their own design, after they have stolen and raped what belongs to another and are poised to pay the price for it. This now appears to be an identical situation. They scurry to shield themselves under your wings, but they will betray you in turn. Sleep with dogs and you awaken with fleas. Punish them, as they deserve, and prove that you have the strength of conviction for me to give any weight to your offer. I will no longer deal with unprincipled opportunists."

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Feh.

Anabstercorian replies to Mina solemnly, while the others argue among themselves.
<< I have always stood alone, Mina. It is the way of our people. We strive alone, we live alone, we die alone. It has been thus for milennia. I am not afraid for lack of allies. >>
<< Mina, I respect you. Your desire to create a new world, a better world, is rivaled only by mine, though both of us seek very different things. But I'm afraid I must consider you competition. Our desires, our dreams - They are incompatible. Completely and utterly incompatible. >>

He nods politely to Acererak. << Greetings. How have you been, Alcorian? Well, I hope? As always, I extend my hand in friendship. >>

(OOC note: Alcorian translates to "Master of the Dead.")

He turns to the angel. He radiates hate. The very ground he walks on starts to sizzle and dissolve in to goo.

<< When I have my way with you, all of your dreams will fall to ash, all of your hope for HAPPINESS will dissolve to nothing, and you will despair for your very existence. You will feel terror beyond imagining, such terror that your mind will break, and your holiness shall leave you, and you will fall in to the abyss of entropy and death that all things must face. And you will curse your deeds, and you will curse your goodness and your altruism, for leading you to the fate I desire for you... >>

The hate quickly dies down, now that he's gotten his frustration and anger out of his system.

<< Now. I've been waiting for a long time for this. If you desire happiness for mortals, do me a quick favor and allow me the pleasure of challenging you, oh vastly powerful entity, to a duel - A duel to first yield. Whomever admits defeat first, or dies, or loses consciousness, loses. Defeating you would give me satisfaction - Being defeated by you would be almost as exhilerating. Please. Would you be willing? >>

He whips his simple wooden quarterstaff in to a ready position with a smile.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Re: Feh.

Anabstercorian said:

He nods politely to Acererak. << Greetings. How have you been, Alcorian? Well, I hope? As always, I extend my hand in friendship. >>
"Well, Lord of the Solistarim. I am seeing first-hand how huge the multiverse is, with divine insight through the many eyes of my children. "

"I am finding a great many opportunities for new learning and deeper understanding."

Anabstercorian

First Post
Neat!

Maudlin said:

"Well, Lord of the Solistarim. I am seeing first-hand how huge the multiverse is, with divine insight through the many eyes of my children. "

"I am finding a great many opportunities for new learning and deeper understanding."

Still holding the quarterstaff in a ready position, Anabstercorian nods. << I'm glad to here you've been spending your vacation in enjoyable and worthwhile pursuits, Alcorian. I've mostly been spending mine trying not to die - But I've been having great fun with it. >>
<< By the way, the remnants of the Eternal Empire outposts are getting fussy... I may need to rout them later to hold up my end of my bargain with the Ana Keri. Would you be willing to aid me to some extent in such an undertaking? >>

Spoof

First Post
So, it would seem that even my allies fall from me. Is it truly because you believe me to have fallen from grace? Yes I have threatened Mina and the Union of Slavery war if Mina is not expunged from this world, not the wholesale slaughter of their people. I could attack them, and I would lose, as my power here is not as great as theirs. Yes, I could call the Angels to fight with me, but I have never said I would do that. Everyone here just assumes that as I have the power I am more than happy to use it.

I have always stated that if Mina were to leave then war could be adverted, but has this option ever been discussed? No. Everyone just thought well the God Emperor said he must be fallen so it has to be so. Has anyone even looked at the Dead on Krynn, the way they are subjugated to Mina and her one god, do you even care? Somehow I doubt you do.

It has been said that this is not my home. How could I call any other place home? I was here when this world was born. I watched this world grow into what it is today. Now it is threatened by complete destruction.

The Angels will not enter this war to attack you, but before the end when Mina and her forces have taken this planet they will act. As Mina and her allies take your lands we will pull the population from your lands to deny them to Mina’s dark god, and the God Emperor. But I will no longer stand beside you, if you will not fight for your own survival why should I? So I will leave you to what you deserve.

Alzem then looks at Mina and her Allies.

Mina, God Emperor, Melkor you may try to take this world, I will no longer try to stop you. Now my (bitterly said) allies will have to fare for themselves. I hope and pray that they have it in them to resist you, but alas I fear they do not. Understand this, if you ever move against my Island here on Oreth, I will bring the full weight of my forces against you.

But now I leave you to decide this amongst yourselves, and may the Gods have mercy upon your souls.

Alzem looks at the Angel and shakes his head.

The angle looks at Anabstercorian and sighs.

You wish to seek redemption for your loss
We were not the reason for your loss
That was your doing and yours alone.

If you wish to find peace, you will not find it here.
You will not find it in the death of any creature
You will only find your peace when you understand.

With this the Angel fades from view.

zouron

First Post
*A small boy of the Eternal Union's deligation steps pver to the avatar of Acererak and hands him a letter, then the boy runs back and hides behind the rest of the deligation.*

OOC:

Maudlin I will write what the letter contains when I have time :)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Spoof said:
The angel looks at Anabstercorian and sighs.

You wish to seek redemption for your loss
We were not the reason for your loss
That was your doing and yours alone.

If you wish to find peace, you will not find it here.
You will not find it in the death of any creature
You will only find your peace when you understand.

With this the Angel fades from view.

Anabstercorian listens to this with a tranquil expression. As the angel fades away, he nods, slowly.
<< You're preaching to the converted. I've long since given up on finding peace in death, Angel... In death, I only seek revenge. I seek peace in life. >>

Spoof

First Post
Edena I will have to send you a different template for this turn. The only changes will be the PL changes. All the other ehings will stay the same

Secret message for Union Of Worlds leaders: Mina, Phibrizio, Hellmaster, Kas, God-Emperor:

[Color=222222]
What do you think about trying to ally with Fleet Of Evil against Alliance Of Oerth and Angels? If it is imbossible I suggest that we let them fight each other, whoever wins will be seriously weakened
[/Color]

I exchange tech with: Sollir/ Maudlin/Serpenteye/Draco//Tokiwong/Mina

Remove ads