(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 4)

Spoof

First Post
Actually Forrester I have not tried to imposed my will upon them, until now. You have done more here than I ever have. But try as I might they would not listen so as I have said I will leave them to their own fate, and only try to spare those innocents who do not deserve this. But I will let them cast their lots into slavery and despair, for if they do not care, why should I?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ok, I'm back ...

The Angel speaks to Alzem (Spoof)

We will do, as you command us, Alzem.

Then the Angel vanishes.

- - -

Mina speaks to Acererak:

Acererak, there is no question that the Union of Oerth invaded your lands.
Everything you have said, is accepted fact.

But who was it who invoked the cataclysm that destroyed your Tomb?
Who invoked the cataclysm that destroyed the Vast Swamp?
The cataclysm that killed the people of Sunndi, and shattered the southeastern part of the Flanaess?
Who was it who carelessly threw 10th level magic at you, heedless of the consequences to the world, not caring just so long as it was you who suffered, and not them?

It was not the Union of Oerth.
Thousands of their soldiers perished in the cataclysm.

When your forces fell back into Hempmonaland, who was it who led the invasion against you there?
Who spurred the Union of Oerth on, and got them involved in the conflict?

Kalanyr sent the cataclysm at you.
Forrester continued the assault in Hempmonaland.

Now, I do not condone what the God Emperor did, nor will I.
I do think a just restitution is owed you by the Union of Oerth - but nothing excessive - you lost only a few thousand of your people to the Union.

There is no restitution Kalanyr and Forrester could make, for what they have done.

Now, Acererak, let me tell you why you should join the Union of the Worlds ...

(Mina goes over to speak with Acererak privately. 10th level magic goes up to prevent scrying, and her words CANNOT be heard, nor can his, so don't ask me what they say.)

Serpenteye

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Serpenteye, since of the Union members you seem to be online most often( besides Edena), could you control my faction until I return( I am going offline for 4 days)? And could you email me those plans that Draco mentioned?

Certainly, as long as you agree to my plans so that there is no conflict of interest. You wrote that you would be back April 2nd, so you shouldn't loose much time in the IR.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
It is quite obvious that Mina is angry.
She is glaring at Acererak, and speaking - she must be speaking loudly, based on what you see.
She gestures pointedly and repeatedly.
She looks like she is ready to slap Acererak across the face.
For five minutes she is like this.

Then she resumes her placid calm.

Mina turns to the God Emperor, and speaks:

If Acererak chooses to join the Union of the Worlds, he will be welcomed with all due respect to his power and status ... right?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina looks at the God Emperor, and speaks:

Well?

It is wisdom to have one as knowledgeable and powerful as Acererak within the ranks of the Union of the Worlds.
He will be the instructor of our mages.
He will teach our wizards the great mysteries that his thousands of years of learning have acquired.

His host will join our host, and with it's added power the Union of the Worlds will be safer and stronger, better protected against Alzem and his Angels.
We will be better positioned to protect our lands from the Army of Evil that threatens Oerth.

We must accept Acererak as a full fledged member of the Union of the Worlds.

And we must give back to Acererak, all the lands that he conquered.

(She regards the God Emperor.)

We are talking about a pittance.
Some land.

The Iron League.
Sunndi.
The Tilvanot Peninsula.
Part of Hempmonaland.

A way of apology to a truly great mage who deserves an apology for an unwise attack.

Remove ads