(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Kalanyr

Explorer
Morwel appears in a sparkling cloud of stars, that quickly form into her robe, and walks towards Ellisterae. As Ellistrae releases Zagyg's power back to him, a cloud of stars fly towards Ellisterae allowing her to continue functioning.

"Dark Maiden, I have decided on the price for you to bathe in the pool. Bring me wisdom, the beauty of the soul, and that which you seek shall be yours."

Morwel again moves to tend to another of the drow Ellistrae is caring for as she awaits the Sword Maiden's answer.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Eilistraee smiles warmly at Morwel, and gives Morwel what was asked for: she reveals her inner self, and a wash of insight, knowledge, and the radiant beauty of what Eilistraee is washes over Morwel. And this flood of knowledge and beauty can continue, indefinitely.
Eilistraee whispers: 'Always.'

Kalanyr

Explorer
Morwel stands and takes in the light of Ellistrae's self for a moment, that seems much longer as she takes in what is offered, and then nods.

"Your gift is treasured and accepted, you may visit the fountain Milady."

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Not unlike Gallador's vampiric Drow the dark elves in your care recover sooner than most others. The Evil divine energies that were missing, the drug they were withdrawing from, could rather easily be substituted for with Iuz' own Evil. They eagerly devour your dark power, finding it not so different from Lolth's. In time your few scores of thousands of Drow become your most fanatical followers.

OOC:
Wasn't I stating often enough, that Iuz isn't forcing Drow to his worship ? His priesstesses were doing minimum to optimise Drow's survivability, that's all. They are still proparty of Eclavdra ... but as alvays, those unhappy with her rule could imigrate to Iuz's Empire. >smile<

Serpenteye said:
Elistraee recoils, but recovers. Her eyes full of loathing she laughs at you from beneath her veil. "Charming."
"I have a feeling that those of my siblings you claim as your own will soon desert you. A dozen nations are at this very moment plotting your death, and noone stands to oppose them. The powers of Good are triumphant in diplomacy even as your doomed ally stands triumphant on the field of battle. Our forces are gathering, and soon we will cleanse your evil from the world."
"You have not come to fight me? Believe me, we'll fight soon enough."

IC:
"Choose time and place then if You wish to finish our little dispute. I propose my Circus, all Drow could watch it there. Without magic or divine power interfering, only flesh and steel. I know spell that temporarily dispels divine power ... And I think that enough spellcasters know Zone of Antimagic to render us unable of any magical cheating. But I warn You, if I will won I will kill You then ... If You won, I advise You to kill me ... You would then cleanse world of my ... evil, forever and with smallest expense of lives. And what You say ... my doomed ally have more honor that You or any other god or person I ever met. I admire him for that, despite his stiffnes of worldview. But be prepared to take mantle of rulership over my country if You defeat me, that's the way of things in Empire of Iuz. I could even fight with one had tied behind my back ... if You are afraid of me that much."

And he laughed at her other statements.

"Alvays is someone plotting to kill me ... I would be very suprised in other situation. And diplomacy is useless against Vecna. Think of it."

OOC:
Edena, now it is up to You if Elistraee would fight Iuz. I propose it at the end of Turn, as climatic endgame between them. >Big Grin<

Serpenteye said:
They were hit same as the rest, those of them who worshiped the evil Drow pantheon that is. Those who worshiped you, and those who worshiped no deities, are doing quite well. Fortunately, or unfortunately, there were never many atheist Drow, and the ones who did exist scattered when civilisation collapsed (somewhat richer than before).

Noted.

Serpenteye said:
Your forces pull back, bruised but not beaten. There are a few last clashes, but the enemy does not pursue. The United Alliance of Gnibile hails the news as a great victory and some of the less somber courts hold lavish and bloody celebrations when the news are confirmed. Their forces are regrouped to prepare for future battles and your spies report a significant increase of telepathic messages between nearly all the official capitals of Gnibile.

OOC:
Chmm ... Could Iuz suprise one of them during the party ? The least powerful ... to make fine example. >devious<

Serpenteye said:
She will always be scarred, and so will Iuz, but the return of her parts helps.

I think that cosmetic surgery would help where all magic fails, currently Iuz have best surgeons on the Oreth. They grafted him new, cloned, hand.

Serpenteye said:
A lot of you did just that, but I don't want to formalize it. Another rule will only complicate things.
-
I don't really have time to chat, and I tend to need to consider my reply before I can make any promises about what actions can and can't be made and the what results of those actions would be.

I agree with Serpenteye, it's hard to keep up with pace of posts and mIRC will only increase mayhem. :\

Serpenteye said:
They were blasting right back at you. Also, undead-turning and rebuking is somewhat weakened for clerics of demigods, I'd think.

Noted, thank You for explainations DM. >cool<

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO RIKANDUR

Since I am now playing Eilistraee, it falls to me to reply for her to Iuz.
Eilistraee sends a simple missive:

'I have my children to tend to. That is important.'
'I have aid to give to the reunion of the drow and elven people. That is important.'
'And it is important, Iuz, that I ... not ... fight you. So, there will be no further fighting between us.'

Eilistraee then returns to her 24 hour a day, intensive effort to aid the drow in making it through the Withdrawal, and becoming good aligned.

TO BUGBEAR

Eilistraee is now sending an open request for the Regalia of Lordly Might, for her own use.
Immune to the malevolent power of those items as a demipower, she intends to siphon energy from them to increase and aid her efforts to help the stricken drow. This is what she says.
This is a request for the Regalia, but it is a request made in urgency, and in pleading.
Eilistraee does not go to the Summit, or leave the Hospice of Stars, for any reason. The drow are her work, her quest, and her dream.

William Ronald!

Lord Gallador sends a direct sending to Al`akbar:

"You are wise and your allies strong, Lord of Bakluni. I respect your desire for Order, only when lesser beings are directed by higher Will , like mine or yours, true greatness can be achieved. It is unfortunate you seem to be one of those that believe themselves to be judges of what is right and wrong, that claim my children are abominations, denying them right to existance.

Ethical beliefs are right to the extent there is power to enforce them. Progress is made through conflict, and my children are beings of higher order than mortals they prey upon, just as lesser beings prey on animals their eat.

But we have to put aside our diffrences in face of greater threat. So-called Gods have left, but Vecna is still here, going to use this opportunity to enslave all of Oerth, we must unite to have any hope of surviving against such a terrible foe. I and Lord Iuz are waging crusade against world of Gibenei, that has almost completely fallen to Vecna`s followers. I wield the Sword of Kas, but in order to slay the Whispered One the divine powers of yours and Lord Iuz will be needed. Will you stand with me in this task?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
OOC: I feel obligated to point out that the cosmetic surgery required to reattach hands and keep them from turning gangrenous, let alone be usable, is a fairly recent development; looks like a Tech Level somewhere in the 80s to me. Best of luck with that.

Remove ads