(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena. I'm humbled by the quality of your posts but, but please remember that I am the DM. You are my inspiration and my role-model. The IR is your legacy. But right now, in this game, you are a player and I am the DM. You know what it means to be a DM, you handled that role masterfully in the past games, so you must understand my perspective on this.

You as players control the actions of your PCs and, within reason, the actions of your factions. You do not have complete control over the actions of your citizens, but your word weighs very heavily when I rule what they will do. Just like it was for us in the 3rd IR so is it for you now. You know this, and I think you understand me. Everything within reason.

Your faction is one thing. If you state that the Drow fall violently ill by withdrawal I'm not going to contradict you, that's fairly reasonable. But when you rule, like a DM would, on the reactions of NPCs who have no connection to your faction you're way out of line. (It would be like me having declared that the Wanderer swore fealty to the God-Emperor and placed his six million (non-existant) Treants under the control of the Union of Oerth.)

I hate saying this, because I have a tremendous respect for you. But if I begin to favoritize you, if I allow your rulings to stand, I have no business being the DM and you might as well take over. I am asking you, as politely as I can without demeaning myself, to respect my authority.

Oh, and one more thing. Take things one step at a time and wait for my ruling before you take another. Let me give you an example of how this could have worked.
1) You: -The sphere is closed and Lolth cut off. The Drow descend into chaos and pain, even Eclavdra is incpacitated. 2) Me: -Confirmation and ruling: The servitors of the Drow rebell, massacring their masters all but unhindered. Elistraee and the Devil embassy appears to offer their solutions. 3) Rikandur: -Iuz was visiting Eclavdra when it happened. He makes a grab for the jewels. 4) You: (perhaps) - Eclavdra tries to resist Iuz, but is unable because of the horrible pain. [OR] - Eclavdra tries to resist Iuz, trying to overcome the pain. [OR] -Eclavdra hands the regalia over the Iuz, feeling unworthy of it. [OR] etc. 5) Kalanyr: -Morwel scries the great City, managing to penetrate the spell-wards of the Drow. She assembles a strong force and intervenes. 6) Me: -Ok, Iuz was there, Rikandurs earlier posts confirm that. But Elistraee... etc. Morwel does manage to pierce the city's protections against scrying but... etc... etc...

In that example I was in control of the flow of events. Now I'm not, unless I reassert myself causing a lot of work to be, as you put it, wasted.

I'm going to let as much as possible of this stand, because I don't want to make a mess of the first four threads of the game and ruin everyones fun. But in the future please remember our respective roles.

If you want to discuss this please E-Mail me. I respect you and like you as a person and I know you only wrote your posts for all the best reasons. I'm not angry, I just want to be very clear so that this won't happen again.

---
The Time is still Out. I'll make another post to rule on the Drow-situation and other posts to adress other questions.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
The Great City.

The Drow are accustomed to pain. Their lives are pain, and fear and hatred. But they have never felt pain such as this. For millennia they have been sustained on an almost physical flow of pure evil, a spider's venom more addictive than any other drug. They never knew, they never understood the nature of Lolths evil, true addicts never realise they're addicted, but now when they can no longer consume it and let it consume them they know. Pain such as this cannot be denied.

An opportunity such as this cannot be denied. As millions of slaves see their masters collapse in contorted spasms or simply fall dead or unconscious on the floor they begin to break free of their pens. After killing their guards some of them begin to organize while most of them simply run amok on the killing-spree of their dreams. It's not a question of alignment, not now, not yet, for even noble dwarves and gnomes or the few unfortunate elves and humans in captivity murder their former tormentors indiscriminately. Even Eclavdra, the unquestioned ruler of the Drow, succumbs to the pain. The slaughter and the looting continues, and though mere seconds have past the City is already falling into ruins.

As Eclavdra writhes in pain great bolts of pure and uncontrolled energy strike at random around her from the artifact she wears. The carefully placed spells and wards around the city cannot withstand this onslaught from within. They unravel, like a burning web, and the city is open.

Iuz, already present in the city, is the first one to act. Telepathically calling his followers to his side he quickly teleports into the throne room. Stepping over a greasy stain of melted Pit-fiend and blackened documents he reaches Eclavdra, reaches for the Crown on her head and is stricken by a massive bolt of energy. [Hit! Iuz has lost 0,2 PL for the current turn.]
He recoils, but reaches forward again. Trough the immense power of his divine will he crushes another of the Artifacts undirected attempts to defend itself and rips it from Eclavdras helpless grasp.

Elistraee was precent on Oerth. Her following is weak and scattered, and many of them who were hiding in Drow society were found and cruelly murdered during Eclavdras consolidation. She did not intervene then, when her worshipers were slaughtered, but she intervenes now. The pain of her people, her race, is too great for even her to resist its call. One minute after the slave-rebellion arrives Elistraee begins to quell it.

Her followers are few and the rebels are many. The slaves are driven mad with hate, they kill and destroy indiscriminately and Elistraee and her followers grieve for every life they have to take. But Elistraee is a God, and every spell she casts sooths, heals and passifies both humanoid and Drow. With her help her followers, great Drow and Elven wizards, bards and knights, mischievous but powerful fairies and a small troop of Celestial knights push the horde back, divides its chaotic ranks and scatters it. The battle is not won, but the central parts of the city are swiftly being secured.

Two minutes after the closing Elistraee arrives in Eclavdra's throne room to find Iuz wearing the Regalia of Lorldy might. The two demigods face eachother warily but, unless Iuz attempts to stop her, she steps past him and takes Eclavdra in her arms. Whispering softly, while she pours her healing power trough the tortured woman. "It is over. Let go, my child. Leave your pain, your hate and your fear behind. I am here for you, and everything is going to be all right. Your people needs you, Eclavdra. Help them."

Edit: Time On. The situation in the Great City continues from here.
Those of you who have already posted to adress later events in Edena's posts (that never happened) please re-post them if they still apply to the current situation.

The Great City can be scried, and anyone can teleport to the scene if they feel like it

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
In the bowels under Irongate the Sundering has been noted and considered. A man in black robes stands in a large chamber. His hood is thrown back, revealing a strong face. His hair is silver, but his face seems ageless, and his eyes are as cold as the blue ice of the Northlands. One by one, more figures in black robes appear in the room, until at last there are nine in a great circle.

"It has changed."

"This was not anticipated."

"Nevertheless it is fortuitous."

"Yes, the time for action has come."

"The armies are readied, already we begin to cull out those suitable for higher tasks."

"What of the Isle?"

"Messengers have been sent. Their armies will set sail within the month."

"Already the lower ones begin to war with each other."

"Our job will be easier than anticipated."

There is a pause, each figure looking at the others, and after a moment it appears a consensus has been reached. The first figure speaks.

""Events are now set in motion. The time for action has come."

One by one, the figures disappear, until only the first is left.

"It has begun."

And then, he too is gone.

OOC: If you want to imagine what this conversation sounds like, imagine Huey, Louie, and Dewey from the Donald Duck comics. It's like the way they finish each other's sentences, only instead of little ducks the people talking are psions of unimaginable power.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The Wolf God, upon learning of this rebellion (and his spy network will inform him, or there will be far worse than Hell to pay), enters the city and . . . helps Eilistraee? No, not quite, but their goals coincide for the moment. As the goblinoids, quaggoth, and other humanoid servitors are driven from the city center by the goddess, the Wolf God gathers them to him by charisma and brute force, and leads them away from the drow. He does what he can to assemble them in camps, arbitratily assigning interim leaders from those who appear most intelligent, and making a single display of his horrific power at each camp, to cow those who might rebel. These camps will, for the moment, do nothing but wait; if supplies are at issue, a few of his reserve troops will teleport in with massive stores of food and water. Under no circumstances are any to leave the camps, and the Wolf God trusts his demonstrations to be adequate to enforce this rule.

The emissary sent to Al'Akbar will remain with him, whether he stays in his palace or teleports to the scene.

James Heard

Explorer
OOC: This still counts as unpredictable. Zagyg still decides to grant spells to drow, nothing in Deities and Demigods makes me believe that he can do anything less given the fact that they're suited and suddenly tromping on his portfolio in such a delightful manner. In fact, given how much confusion it's sure to promote later on it's almost a divine imperative that he do so. Besides, he liked the girl who enjoyed Murlynd's muffins. He really did.

Besides, this is a perfect opportunity to get someone to buy Lloth-O's.

Like I said, the drow can reject him out of hand later on or confront him on the issue. He's simply reacting to the situation as his portfolio demands - and mixing things up a bit. He's not looking to convert people exactly, the drow are just enacting something so wonderfully bizarre that they're defacto worshipping him whether they like it or not. Just like a potter is paying homage to a goddess of pots just by the act of creation, at least for a little the drow are serving the portfolio of Zagyg. The fact that the icky man that smells like cheese might somehow be harmed is a bonus too. Uz, or Iz. Pez, or something like that. ;)

Airwhale

First Post
Foran's diary

See, most planet bound elves are layed back. Sure, they think they are better than us humans, but, once you get beyond that, you find that they have great wine, are excellent sparring partners, are excited to share and trade secrets of The Art, and are generally fun, nice people.

Sadly, this does not apply to members of the Imperial Navy. Never before, have I seen a bunch of regimented, stogy elves! While they are undoubtedly the most well trained, organized army of order in space, and the only real check to the forces of the neogi, illithid, and beholders, you can’t get them to relax! Order, discipline, and the ever-mighty chain of command rule their lives. And, to top it all off, they still think they are better then humans.

“The Drow of Oerth, have been cut off from their dark gods, and are reverting to their true form. The members of the navy are honor bound to help their brethren.”

Renzwick, looking confused, processed this new development. “This might prove a significant delay for us, and… it may cause problems diplomatically. Are you sure they are worth this trouble?”

“As I said, we are honor bound to help. With or without you. This is our highest priority, and we have all sworn to aid our fellows when we joined the navy.”

“Then we will help you. We will order all troops to dock, and our crews will teleport to the Great city.”

And so it was…. All mobile forces of Ginsel and the Grayspace Imperial Navy teleported to the great city. Once they found that Edina and the city were secure, they teleported to the former cities of the drow and the underdark of the moon, to bring the elves to the healing grasp of the demigod.

OOC: 40 elite pls and 6 epic pls are trying to gather up all of the dieing drow outside of the great city, and bring them to the healing grasp of Eclavdra inside the great city. If their are any intrusions upon the great city by those seeking to harm the elves, these forces will aid in it's defence.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
The Scarlet Brotherhood sends an open message to members of the TEC Pact, and to Elistraee as well:

The consensus seems to be clear: Any attempt to infect the Drow with Vampirism shall be considered a hostile action, in full violation of the TEC Pact, and warranting your utter destruction. Though she has likely fallen, the sovereignty of Eclavdra's Empire must be respected.

Likewise, the rebellion of her servitors should be considered as an attack from a foreign power; as such, the Brotherhood calls all powers to aid in quelling this insurgency, once we have fully measured its violence.

Regarding Elistraee, the members of the Pact should move quickly to determine whether she should be considered a rightful heir to the throne of Eclavdor, or an aggressive interloper whose presence should be considered hostile. The Scarlet Brotherhood will refrain from any judgment on the matter until Elistraee has had an opportunity to explain her position. Clearly, if she does not wish to be bound by our Pact, then her situation can be considered only invasion or treason, and must be dealt with accordingly.

(Serpenteye: To what extent was Elistraee able to quell the slave rebellion? The Brotherhood will send some scouts around the area, as it delivers its message to Elistraee, to try to understand the scale of the rebellion.)

Remove ads