(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I must wait for Serpenteyes' rulings before I can relate what happens to the drow delegations.
Also, other rulings will affect the success or failure of good and evil powers to influence and/or control events at the Great City under construction, and the stricken drow - one and a half million strong - there. I cannot determine yet (assuming I am the one who gets to determine) what will happen to all those drow.
What happens to Eclavdra is not yet clear: I realize many powers are moving for her. Again, I must wait for a few rulings before I can determine (if I get to determine) what happens.

I will say that this is History in the Making, as there is a chance to pull the drow to the good side, to Eilistraees' side (if Serpenteye allows Eilistraee.)
And there is a chance the drow could be prevented from Withdrawing (by Melkor among others) and become a far more evil and monstrous race than even they dreamed they could be.

There are other major issues at stake.
Four million humanoids erupted from the Great City, spilled out of the Yuan-Ti Empire, and are now assaulting the Touv and Olman Peoples of Hempmonaland.
Very shortly, this colossal army of humanoids will be assaulting the territories of the Scarlet Brotherhood in Hempmonaland.
Considering that many, if not most, will end up converting to Paxus (unless someone contests Paxus' attempt at control) this should be quite a problem for some groups.
Again, a few rulings from Serpenteye are needed here first, though.

There are 98 drow cities now mostly vacant. Serpenteye has already ruled on these.
These cities are filled with vast amounts of treasure, but only a relatively few drow - completely unsupported by Eclavdra, and now deathly ill from the Withdrawal possibly as well (pending Serpenteyes' ruling) are protecting those great treasures.
The cities represent a threat, since enemy powers could occupy them as forward bases.
The cities have their own IC, I believe, so anyone seizing them is going to have some IC gains.

Melkor has already jumped into this fray, sending vampires to 'cure' the drow of their withdrawal. If he succeeds, those drow left will become monstrously evil, enormously powerful vampiric drow with a real attitude problem.
Some are arguing this is a violation of the TEC Pact. It might be a violation: even I am not sure, because Eclavdra disowned those drow.
There was supposed to be a TEC Summit, and Rary offered his Silver Palace for it. Perhaps the matter could be discussed there?
Or perhaps Melkor will go ahead with his plans, despite the threats from other TEC Pact members.
I don't know. It's up to Melkor. It's up to you'all.
What happens, is in your hands, and Serpenteyes' rulings.

All I can say is this: the Withdrawal of the Drow was something I had contemplated since early December. It seemed to me that, cut off from the evil that sustained them, the drow would revert to elves.
And it seemed to me that the reversion would be crushing, painful, debilitating, and ultimately deadly, for evil is evil and it doesn't release it's grip nicely once one has embraced it with their mind, body, and spirit.
Something as massive as the current events described in Serpenteyes' post could not leave the drow unscathed. They collapsed, across Oerik, and only Eclavdras' swift and total brutality saved them.
Eclavdra foresaw that only by consolidating the drow in one place (the Great City) could she grant them good odds of long term survival, so that is what she did.
Eclavdra had her plans all laid out, neat and flowcharted as it were, and she followed them step by step towards the ultimate victory she foresaw.
But Eclavdra could not foresee the Withdrawal. None of the drow could. Had they done so, they would have taken their own lives over being 'corrupted' back into elves. They would never willingly have allowed the Light to gather them back into it's fold.

Likewise, the suffering of the elves of Aliador was inevitable. Their safe, pleasant world was completely destroyed, and replaced by something resembling Armaggedon. Obviously, it was terrifying and traumatic for them.
Having to send their children away just made it all the harder to bear.
But these are elves, and elves find emotional strength in the company of other elves in a way that humans never can (except only among married people and those with extremely strong friendships and family relations.) The elves find strength and heart in each other, in a mystical way unique to them. They find joy, love, and delight in each others' company.
So the elves of Aliador withstood the terrible jolt of current events. To a much more frayed and tentative extent, the elves of the Lendores and Celene also survived intact.
The Yeomanry survived by joining the much greater and stronger League of Athyr.

Some of you are wondering: how does Edena hope to win when he sunders his power, and sends much of it spinning into the cosmos of Greyspace?
The answer is: Edena wins just by playing.
And who says the drow won't recover, rise up, and kick all of your butts? Don't smirk. It could happen.
In an IR, anything can happen. Anything at all ...

Now, just got to wait for Serpenteyes' rulings, and then ... well ... we will see what happens next, won't we? :)

I'll admit, I'm wondering who else is going to join the party in the Great City ...

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
Somewhere in Aestia, Deep in the chambers of the Monarch

Zagyg, ruler of Aestia - and sometime demigod - was sleeping.

It was a marvelous dream. All the cares of the day washed away, none of the endless parade of sycophants and warlords come to bother him like usual. No, instead he was back in Greyhawk harmlessly amusing himself with once more constructing his great edifice of wisdom that would one day be called Castle Zagyg. And he was naked.

What's that?

Snorting, he awoke.

"Lyndie! Did you hear that?"

Instantly a crash of furniture and a cascade of quilts announced Murlynd's twitchy form in the darkness, cocking his monstrous 'pistols.'

"M'Lord! Are we under attack?"

"I said did you hear that?" said Zagyg, scowling and worrying with his enormous red sleeping cap.

"What was it? Catapults? Who should I kill, M'Lord?"

"It was a noise. Like a million elves screaming out at once, and then something told them to be quiet. But they keep screaming."

"How awful!"

"It's sort of nice actually."

"So. . ."

"I think I'm going to do something about it."

"Like what?"

A look passed behind Zagyg, the demigod's eyes. A glint of something that surely only another with the spark of divinity could see transpire.

"Ziggy! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

"Give the crowd what they want, 'Lyndie. YOU should have suckered in those demons or whatever they were, peddling stuff. I can't help it if you're a naturally violent, unpleasant man."

"But-"

"But nothing. It's done. I'm certainly not going to go visit them just yet. Let them figure it out on their own. Maybe they'll give me a medal, or even start buying those awful Lloth-O's."

Murlynd scowled.

"We only made them because you were sweet on her you old goat."

"Hush Lyndie, get some sleep. Things always look differently in the morning."

OOC: Zagyg grants the drow spells. They're only one step away in alignment than he is (CE to his CN) so they're perfectly acceptable clerics of Zagyg. They've just done something massively and monumentally unpredicable so they've immediately come under the scrutiny of his portfolio. So they get spells when they pray, and since he doesn't care male drow can be clerics now too. Their new domains are chaos, knowledge and magic and I hope they all like clubs. He doesn't announce that he's done so, ask them if they want spells, or anything like that. He just fills them up as they so desire, except he obviously can't grant them nasty evil Llothy spells. If eventually one of them decides to check up on things and start doing some serious "Who's granting me spells?" sorts of inquiries, he'll probably tell them something cryptic. He really doesn't have time for the drow, but this is too weird for a deity of eccentricity and unpredictability to pass up. And besides, he liked Eclavdra because she wasn't a sore winner at chess.

OOC : I am violating The Treaty?! I am saving the Drow from fate worst than death!

IC: Princess Lanfear, currently Regent of Shevarash in her father`s absence, sends a message to all members of the Treaty of Erelhei-Cinhu, she looks incredibly beautiful and majestic, with her exotic half-drow beauty, silver hair, and white dress all in pearls:

"One of the members of our Treaty is under attack by Elistraee`s forces, I demand we come to the aid of our allies! I also suggest that the next summit be held in our capital, Shavarash!"

Kalanyr

Explorer
Morwel raises an eyebrow at Lanfear's message.

"Elistrae's forces seem to be helping rather than attacking, I do not think even you could have arrived in time to have stopped them slaughtering everyone, since the drow seem to be almost comatose for the most part, if that was their desire. And last time I looked it was Vampirisim that was the fate worse than death. "

OOC- Yes if this comes to war Morwel will take full responsibility for her actions, the spirit of a treaty, as she percieves it, and her nature, are far more important to her than any petty and abuseable wordings. Besides giving Galador a warning is remarkably polite considering she's about as Chaotic Good and nature-orientated as it gets and Galador is, a) Lawful Evil, b) Undead and c) Wielding an artifact forged by a god she does not like at all. Really the proper response is kill first, give warning second. She views Galador's actions as an attack upon the drow, who are members of both the TEC and the Miranda Pact.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - James: Now that was funny, I approve. Sadly emails I've gotten from SE seem to suggest demipowers can only grant up to 1st level spells to followers, but the full array to themselves.

OOC - Everyone: Amusing how differently we view Ellistrae's actions vs Melkors depending on our factions nature.

Last edited:

Bugbear

First Post
Melkor said:
OOC : I am violating The Treaty?! I am saving the Drow from fate worst than death!
Turning them into Vampire Spawn is not saving them, It's an attack.

IC: Princess Lanfear, currently Regent of Shevarash in her father`s absence, sends a message to all members of the Treaty of Erelhei-Cinhu, she looks incredibly beautiful and majestic, with her exotic half-drow beauty, silver hair, and white dress all in pearls:

"One of the members of our Treaty is under attack by Elistraee`s forces, I demand we come to the aid of our allies! I also suggest that the next summit be held in our capital, Shavarash!"
Rhynnon's response: Has Elistraee attacked you? This strikes me more as a war of aggression on your part. The question remains as to who it is you are striking against and why. Elistraee it would seem is protecting the Mordheil from the vengeance of their servants. I personally have come to the Great City to guard the Mordheil in their time of need. From all who would seek to harm them.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC:
Yes, and I think that everyone would understand ... that abuse of Eclavdra's trinkets is action that every Chaotic Evil being would do. I'm personally ashamed a bit and know that Elistraee's motives weren't those that Iuz is shouting at her. But from his point of view it is very "logical" and simple.

He's irritated, because foundation of TEC Pact, the Eclavdra, is "ill". What Iuz does when he's irritated ? He kills someone. He belives that this treaty is useful to him and without Eclavdra it will fell apart. You know, CE horde of demons without soemone whipping them to act together. That's how Iuz is thinking.

Why I wrote that he would spare Elistaree ? Because, as I were writing earlier ... probably in First OOC, Iuz read "Book of Exalted Deeds". Orginal wersion. It didn't killed him ... but give him some understanding of "Enemy's" philosophy, opened his mind trough extreme torment, and "tainted" him with little weakness toward women, kids and other pleasant things. Would cannonical Iuz would relase Unicorn ?! I doubt.

And Kalanyr, I forgot that Morwel is CG ... yes, when she and Iuz will met ... sparks will fly. Imagine all those insults that they both will threw at each other ! And then, somebody will have to stop them from jumping at each other with claws. :D :heh:

Melkor, I advise that Gallador should disarm Morwel with compliments and his natural charisma. She might then "forgive" him that he exists. :]
Just a sticking nose between the door's wings from my side. :p :eek:

And ...

Everybody !

... what with action that I wrote earlier ? Rampage of Iuz ?! Of course Demons will have to proceed without his lead. But weight of his shadow on their shoulders should keep them in line. And since Drow will be comatose, nobody would put up a fight yes ? Gallador's vampires should be wary too, Demons are dissapointed that elves don't object and might attack someone they will wiew as "threat" to Iuz's plans. Servitor races, if they didn't massacred their drow overlords would be submitted as well. Iuz could die but his will will live on. :]
At least until someone notice that there is no whip to keep them in line. Or noew leader arise. :D

Last edited:

William Ronald said:
Indeed, I am surprised. So, I will have to catch up to the developments.

Al'Akbar, tired of waiting for the devils, goes to the aid of the drow in the Malkuvah Baklunim. His clergy and those of the remaining Baklunish pantheon, such as Azor'alq, attend to the dark elves.

As he sense the presence of the avatar of Ellistrae, he smiles and realizes what she is doing.
"I thought the drow could change, but that Eclavdra would not. In the absence of the hatred and evil of the Queen of Spiders, the drow could not cope. So, they have collapsed and someone who truly loves them stands with them in their hour of greatest need. Now, I have a promise to keep to the Mordheil and to Eclavdra. However, I am keeping it under conditions I had not imagined." The demigod gathers a small force of celestials and djinn with Daoud by his side.

A bright light fills the cavern as Al'Akbar appears with a throng of celestials and djinn.

"I swore to Eclavdra that if her people were overcome and threatened with annihilation, I would aid her. This is not a matter for you, Lord Gallador! Furthermore, Ellistrae has aided me in the past. The Whispered One comes. I suggest you prepare for that struggle for the Sword of Kas no doubt hungers for the ultimate foe of Kas. I suggest that you go now!"

Daoud and a strike force of celestials >search for Eclavdra. They check the place where Al'Akbar secretly meet with Eclavdra and the great city.

Gallador`s pale, noble face twists into a furious scowl when he hears Al`Akbar`s words.

"This is not my business!? I have signed alliance with Eclavdra, and wasn`t aware that you did such thing! Know that Lord Gallador keeps his promises! You and other self-righteous fools think you can judge others by your own standards, that only you know the words such as honor and loyalty! I was like you once, a great Paladin, a faithful hound of Pelor, who was much greater God than you! You would deny my children the right to exist if you only could, wouldn`t you!"

Kalanyr said:
(If happens as told in post)

Morwel looks up in sudden surprise from her place.
Impossible!

And then focusing her divine energy she views the place form which the disturbance in the very balance of good and evil has come and looks into the Great City itself. And then without a spoken word she is gone in a shimmer of starlight.

For a moment the area brightens as if the stars shine softly overhead and then Morwel appears, Faerinall, and Gwynharwyf by her side, accompanied by a small force of Ghaele and Firre Eladrins. (15 Elite PL, taken in even percentage from where they are stationed and 2 Epic PL and Morwel)

She stares up at Gallador, and draws her divine power around her, even as she gathers her impressive arcane energies.
"You are given a single opportunity to leave this place Gallador, your presence here violates the spirit of the TEC and I will not hesitate to destroy you utterly."

Serpenteye:
The clerics of the Miranda Alliance and the remaining Eladrin there will take care of the drow embassy to the best of their abilities, given their limited access to divine magic. However the eladrin do have many healing spell-like abilities.

Gallador gives a deathly smile to Morwell:( OOC: Gallador resembles Alucard from Hellsing Anime in terms of looks):

"You think I have fallen so low to take orders from the likes of you?! But I have better goals than anhilating tree-lowing bitches, so stop threatening me!"

OOC note: Gallador`s main characteristic is pride, this is the main reason he has fallen. He still has a LE twisted sense of honor, like Tywin Lannister from Song of Ice and Fire, he cares about his huge family, and tries to hold alliances, but he wouldn`t consider CG Drow his ally.

Last edited:

Remove ads