• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Airwhale

First Post
(OOC: IC post coming later. The forces under my control divert what they are doing, both to protect the elves, and to telaport all drow refugees to the great city... This movement is driven by the Grayspace parts of the elvish imperial navy, and is supported by the rest of the faction. They will only leave to perform their convoy and other actions once they are convincecd that the drow are in safe hands.)

(assuming any of this happens, of course)

William Ronald

Explorer
The hand of friendship

Edena of Neith originally posted:

Does this produce confusion and a real mess, with opportunity and problems for a number of powers in the IR?
Yes ...
Such is my way. :)

Edena_of_Neith

Indeed, I am surprised. So, I will have to catch up to the developments.

]Edena of Neith originally posted:

assuming Serpenteye allows the Withdrawal post as legit)

TO SERPENTEYE
TO ALL POWERS WITH DROW DELEGATIONS IN THEIR LANDS

Rhynnon, Iuz, Xin, Al'Akbar, and all the others hear the news, then see it for themselves: the drow delegations in their lands fall ill, then become very ill, then seem to fall into delirium and madness.
Then they start dying.
Spells reveal the evil within them is dissipating. Their innate elvish natures are trying to reassert themselves, but the drow are unable to survive the transition back to their ancient selves. It has been too long, and for too long the drow have drunk from the well of evil and darkness.

If attempts are made to save them, then perhaps that makes a difference, and they survive.
If they survive, their illness, confusion, and change goes on for months, and for that entire time they are debilitated.

Al'Akbar, tired of waiting for the devils, goes to the aid of the drow in the Malkuvah Baklunim. His clergy and those of the remaining Baklunish pantheon, such as Azor'alq, attend to the dark elves.

As he sense the presence of the avatar of Ellistrae, he smiles and realizes what she is doing.
"I thought the drow could change, but that Eclavdra would not. In the absence of the hatred and evil of the Queen of Spiders, the drow could not cope. So, they have collapsed and someone who truly loves them stands with them in their hour of greatest need. Now, I have a promise to keep to the Mordheil and to Eclavdra. However, I am keeping it under conditions I had not imagined." The demigod gathers a small force of celestials and djinn with Daoud by his side.

Originally Posted by Melkor, Lord Of ALL!
Edena! Serpenteye!

My Nosferatu are teleporting across the Drow cities of Underdark, looking for those Drow that denied Eclavdra. They have a cure for what`s happening- the gift of Vampirism!

A gate opens near the Great City.

From it, Galllador himself emerges, ridng a Shadow Dragon, Sword of Kas in his hand, radiating a terrible and grear Power, some of his most powerful children on the side of their Lord, the sphere of unholy Darkness surrounding them, blocking the light of accursed sun.

Gallador rides to face Elistraee, angry and shocked.

"What are you doing to the Drow, my allies!? Where is Eclavdra?! The Greater Gods have left, you should have fled with them! I do not fear pathetic Godlings as you, not with the power of Sword of Kas on my side, the age of false Divinity on Oerth has ended. and you are nothing less than frivolious whore to me!"

Meanwhile, Shadow Prince Allator is looking for Eclavdra, using his great powers to sneak past Elistraee`s forces.

A bright light fills the cavern as Al'Akbar appears with a throng of celestials and djinn.

"I swore to Eclavdra that if her people were overcome and threatened with annihilation, I would aid her. This is not a matter for you, Lord Gallador! Furthermore, Ellistrae has aided me in the past. The Whispered One comes. I suggest you prepare for that struggle for the Sword of Kas no doubt hungers for the ultimate foe of Kas. I suggest that you go now!"

Daoud and a strike force of celestials search for Eclavdra. They check the place where Al'Akbar secretly meet with Eclavdra and the great city.

Bugbear

First Post
When Rhynnon learns that Gallador and his minions have appeared near the great city (from the small group he sent to check on the great city and it's inhabitants), He teleports to the Great City to find Eclavdra and ensure that she is safe. He takes with him a selection of the knights of Herionious (5ePL)and some of the more powerful Modrons who seemed to have joined him (more on the Modrons latter) to secure the city.

He orders his armies to mobilize and prepare for action, and sends messengers to the other TEC pact members warning them that Gallador may have betrayed the Pact by attacking the great city.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Time out, time out! :)

I'm not going to throw further surprises out until Serpenteye gets a chance to rule on the chaos I just created. :)
And Serpenteye seems to be having some computer trouble, so he needs time.
We mustn't dump too much on our poor DM all at once! (evil grin)

Yeah, let's wait and see how Serpenteye rules.
Hopefully, he will rule it was Eilistraee who came, and she did those things, so that Eilistraee will get the chance to squash Lord Gallador into vampiric goo. :)

Hehe. I might even have a change of PCs, depending on his ruling.

Remember this though, folks: don't pity Serpenteye too much. Never pity the DM of an IR too much. Tis a mistake. :)
For he is planning to throw more chaos and trouble at all of you than a horde of slaadi could shake a stick at.
Heh. Trust me. We are in for Interesting Times.

TIME OUT.

(holds up a big TIME OUT sign)

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Seconding A Time Out!!!

Edena, I am seconding your time out. We need to give Serpenteye a chance to rule on these events.

Additionally, the boards will close at midnight Eastern Standard Time (5 A.M. Greenwich Mean Time) to fix several errors. So, let's have a time out.

Edena, I admit that I was shocked at what you have done. I had not expected it.

So, let's have a time out to give Serpenteye a chance to react to everything!!!

(I assume the "Time Out" doesn't prevent powers from telling how their characters react to the event.)

The Arch-Merchant Glu'boise receives a sending from Al'Akbar, seeking the mercane's aid. His ability of foresight allowed him to know that he needed to take a slow pace towards the antechamber where the devil's waited, but it had not warned him as to the specifics-he now knew why. Without breaking his peaceful stride, the epic-level Diviner and Loremaster known to the rest of the multiverse as Glu'boise expends some of his most potent divinations, the tendrils of his magic seeping through the fabric of reality and shredding the boundaries between all layers of the Prime Material Plane. He calculates the results, and depending on what reply he gets from his magicks he does the following:

If he is able to find Eclavdra, he will instead send one of his fellow mercanes to deal with the devils and immediately casts Greater Scry to view Eclavdra's exact position and to gain a viewing of all that surrounds her, followed by a Mass Sending (as per Sending, but metamagicked to affect up to 35 targets -Glu'boise's level- with one action) to conatct his allies, both hired and tenured. They are given the exact coordinates from Glu'boise they all simultaneously teleport without error a fair distance from Eclavdra to a safe area (made sure to be safe by a divination from the Mercane, again) that is within viewing range.

Should Glu'boise meet Elistraee, he will announce his desire to protect Eclavdra from those who would seek to be turned to evil. He will provide sanctuary for the drow while she is recovering and he will release her should she choose to return to the drow goddess. He gives a persuasive argument on how Elistraee's forces are either now or soon will be attacked by Lord Gallador's forces (as proved by his divinations) and will attempt to assure the goddess that Eclavdra would be safest with him. He cites the clause of the TEC pact, of which Elistraee is not a part of, as further reasoning why he should be given permission to guarantee Eclavdra's protection in one of his safeholds. Should she rebuke him, the Arch-Merchant will ask to simply stand over Eclavdra's spot with his allies to guard her and if denies this he will return to his palace within an instant. If Elistraee doesn't allow him to take Eclavdra with him he will notify Al'Akbar of her location with a Sending. If allowed, or if he takes her, he will immediately cast Mindblank, Nondetection, Screen, and Sequester as well as a few other spells of his own devising to protect her from future divinations.

(Total of 4 epic PL from Glu'boise with his artifacts and 15 Elite PL as bodyguards)

Should his divinations not tell him of Eclavdra's whereabouts he will tell Al'Akbar of it and continue as planned to the antechamber to meet with the devils, making no grand entrance and hiding any excitement or expectation from them.

Last edited:

Remove ads