• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(assuming Serpenteye allows the Withdrawal post as legit)

TO SERPENTEYE
TO ALL POWERS WITH DROW DELEGATIONS IN THEIR LANDS

Rhynnon, Iuz, Xin, Al'Akbar, and all the others hear the news, then see it for themselves: the drow delegations in their lands fall ill, then become very ill, then seem to fall into delirium and madness.
Then they start dying.
Spells reveal the evil within them is dissipating. Their innate elvish natures are trying to reassert themselves, but the drow are unable to survive the transition back to their ancient selves. It has been too long, and for too long the drow have drunk from the well of evil and darkness.

If attempts are made to save them, then perhaps that makes a difference, and they survive.
If they survive, their illness, confusion, and change goes on for months, and for that entire time they are debilitated.

If, in the case of drow in evil nations - like those drow in the Empire of Iuz - evil magic is used to attempt to help the drow, or if a reversal of the Withdrawal is attempted using evil power, it typically kills the drow in question.
Those drow who survive with evil help, often go completely insane (Ivid level insane)
A few drow, aided and abetted in fighting the Withdrawal with evil magic, remain drowish and retain their minds, and these few become REALLY EVIL, FOUL persons.

Any drow who are aided by evil demipowers (like Iuz himself) are able to automatically resist the Withdrawal, and they become some of the most evil beings in all of Greyspace.

This will end up creating a curious, even bizarre situation, in which the majority of drow are good (including Eclavdra), and a few drow are more evil than even the drow of old.

It is possible that Iuz or other beings could kidnap Eclavdra from the Great City (she is helpless to stop them) and aid her in overcoming the Withdrawal. In which case, Eclavdra will become evil on a scale that beggars her old self.
However ...
Eilistraee may intervene directly (Serpenteye must adjudicate this) to protect Eclavdra.
If Eilistraee does intervene, a battle of demipowers is possible. This matter is up to Serpenteye.

Whether the drow goddess of trickery (who is chaotic neutral, and was introduced by William) will intervene, and whose side she takes, is also up to Serpenteye.

Does this produce confusion and a real mess, with opportunity and problems for a number of powers in the IR?
Yes ...
Such is my way. :)

Edena_of_Neith

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The Wolf God will, of course, move as swiftly as possible to consolidate this torrent of new worshippers, while preventing them from provoking a war with those that used to be drow. The methods such a task requires are certainly brutal, killing many of those who were once servants of the drow, but brutality is a task with which the Wolf God has long familiarity. Fortunately, these servitors are accustomed to drow sadism, and many find the Wolf God's rational, predictable tyranny to be a far more comfortable alternative than either their previous slavery or the uncertainty of independence, especially in the absence of their own gods.

OOC: I imagine such a pacification project is best handled through the infiltration rules?

Rikandur Azebol said:
Melkor
Dorakaa
*Iuz put a finger on his lips and showed to Meliana someone sleeping in his bed. He smirked mishiefvously and guided little vampiress to her chamber.*

Deviless is very tired ... Yes, my little sister would gladly join a war fought in my name. But ... I cherish my family, and You, joy of my late days. Is Your papa a trustworthy person ? My vampire lackeys are all but dissapointing in comparision with You.

*Demon god smiled beningly to Princess of the Veil. And crouhed in front of her, so she might look him straight into the eyes. His eyes ... red orbs of pure force, that gazing in them was giving shivers. Mortals would die of fear under his glance, but he gazes at Meliana with warmth that not burns, at all.*

And I would gladly test my newest army on the field of battle. My wizards need some real experience, as well as my priests. Imagine ... obedient ogres, giants and trolls along the way with many pet cretures like vywerns, hydras and others. My favorite Abyssal Drake is with the army as well. I'm curious how they will fare in combat against enemy that not fears for his life.

Would You join me in some excersise ? I'm going to walk trough Underdark ... and entertain myself a bit.

"Yes Grandpa Iuz, I would love to see your great armies teaching those Vecna-worshipping lunatics who is greatest power, now that most Gods are gone! And the Whispered One will return, I have seen this in my visions!"

Faint screams distrupt her words , as their reach Meliana`s bedroom. The elven maiden nailed to the wall was once a being of great beauty, but she certainly lost most of it, being skinned alive. Only the beautiful sapphire eyes are intact, full of terror, and unable to shed more tears.:

"Oh yes, Grandpa, I have forgotten about this beautiful toy you gave me last time. She was naugthy, but became nicer when I started to play with her. Even signed a lullaby for me, elven song about moon and stars, but I couldn`t get to sleep for 300 years!" - Meliana gives a sweet smile to the tormented elf, her voice once again that of innocent little girl, than she starts jumping in joy:

"We are going below, to visit my family?! I missed them, though they don`t like me, except daddy!"

Edena! Serpenteye!

My Nosferatu are teleporting across the Drow cities of Underdark, looking for those Drow that denied Eclavdra. They have a cure for what`s happening- the gift of Vampirism!

Bugbear

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
(assuming Serpenteye allows the Withdrawal post as legit)

TO SERPENTEYE
TO ALL POWERS WITH DROW DELEGATIONS IN THEIR LANDS

Rhynnon, Iuz, Xin, Al'Akbar, and all the others hear the news, then see it for themselves: the drow delegations in their lands fall ill, then become very ill, then seem to fall into delirium and madness.
Then they start dying.
Spells reveal the evil within them is dissipating. Their innate elvish natures are trying to reassert themselves, but the drow are unable to survive the transition back to their ancient selves. It has been too long, and for too long the drow have drunk from the well of evil and darkness.

If attempts are made to save them, then perhaps that makes a difference, and they survive.
If they survive, their illness, confusion, and change goes on for months, and for that entire time they are debilitated.

King Rhynnon and through him Greater Nyrond will do whatever they can to help the Mordheil within his lands and will send emessaries (and if neccessary Soldiers) to ensure the well being of the Mordheil of the Great City. Rhynnon promised Eclavdra that he would aid her people and Rhynnon keeps his word. Furthermore, having read the most anceint elven histories, some of which dated back to before the sundering of the elven race and the great war, he has suspected that something of this sort may happen. Which would explain why he has been courting Eclavdra's people. The Mordeil are Drow no more, once agian they are Mordeil.

Does this produce confusion and a real mess, with opportunity and problems for a number of powers in the IR?
Yes ...
Such is my way. :)

Edena_of_Neith
I expected nothing less of you Edena

Bugbear

First Post
Melkor said:
Edena! Serpenteye!

My Nosferatu are teleporting across the Drow cities of Underdark, looking for those Drow that denied Eclavdra. They have a cure for what`s happening- the gift of Vampirism!

Melkor, I suggest that you steer clear of the great city, as attempts to convert the Mordheil there into vampire spawn would be considered an attack on a fellow member, and thus a Violation of the TEC Pact. A violation which would ensure your destruction.

Edit: The fact that you are embracing those who choose to stay behind is a questionable act which could be construed as an attack. But unfortunately, Nyrond lacks the resources to police all the former Mordheil enclaves, so there is little that can be done about it at this time.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(Should the Withdrawal take place)

Great care is taken that the Drow currently in Aerdi do not die. A number of professionals is sent to other places where the drow are suffering and where they are welcome. No healing magic is used, because frankly, without the gods, only bards have healing magic. Mundane skills are used, from herbalism and alchemy to soul-doctoring. Any skilled observer may recognize that those aiding the drow are not very enthusiastic about doing so. Still, they do their best, following Overking Jahren's speech about "no traditional foes".

Edena of Neith!

A gate opens near the Great City.

From it, Galllador himself emerges, ridng a Shadow Dragon, Sword of Kas in his hand, radiating a terrible and grear Power, some of his most powerful children on the side of their Lord, the sphere of unholy Darkness surrounding them, blocking the light of accursed sun.

Gallador rides to face Elistraee, angry and shocked.

"What are you doing to the Drow, my allies!? Where is Eclavdra?! The Greater Gods have left, you should have fled with them! I do not fear pathetic Godlings as you, not with the power of Sword of Kas on my side, the age of false Divinity on Oerth has ended. and you are nothing less than frivolious whore to me!"

Meanwhile, Shadow Prince Allator is looking for Eclavdra, using his great powers to sneak past Elistraee`s forces.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Obviously, the drow and Eclavdra will not be hosting the TEC Summit.
Another power could host the Summit in their place, obviously.

The fate of the drow, is now in the hands of Serpenteye (with Eilistraee, or otherwise as Serpenteye rules) and the other players (who have the power to send Epic and Elite and even Regular Armies to either protect or destroy the drow of the Great City.)

The yuan-ti insist they are neutral in this bedlam.
They didn't cause the Withdrawal, they don't understand it, and they don't want any part of the chaos - they have enough now to deal with with the horde of humanoids now running amok in Hempmonaland (Guilt Puppy will have his hands full also with them.)
The fact the Humanoids are converting en mass to the worship of the Wolf God is certainly not helping, state the yuan-ti.

Aliador does not intervene. It cannot, because I was only recently given control of Aliador, and thus for Aliador to help the drow is a Conflict of Interest for me, the Player. So Aliador will neither help, nor harm, the Great City.

In any case, Aliador has it's hands full evacuating it's children, and the civilians of Ratik, the Lendores, and the Theocracy of the Pale, and in mobilizing it's entire population - men and women, youths and maids - for war.

If and only if a lot of factors play out (the drow survive, Serpenteye grants requests I made in e-mails, the drow are not taken over by another player by force, Thomas does not return to play his power, Nac Mac Feegle informs us that Thomas is not going to return) can Aliador then aid the drow, and perhaps go further than that.
Until then, Aliador is out of it.

-

EVERYONE TAKE NOTE OF THIS:

The yuan-ti will not involve themselves further in the drow mess.
The servitor races are scattered, many going to Paxus.
The undead fled.
The drow are on their own.

Aliador WILL NOT help the drow (because it is a Conflict of Interest for me, the Player.)
Celene and the Lendores would never help the drow anyways.
The Yeomanry and Theocracy would never help the drow: they have problems enough of their own.

And that speaks for all the countries and peoples under my control.

The fate of the drow is now in YOUR HANDS, and Serpenteyes' hands.

Anabstercorian

First Post
(If the Drow do make their agonizing three month journey in to sanity again:)

Sadly, the magicians and healers of the Greyhawk Isthmus can do little or nothing for the drow in their care. What divine healing they do have is not granted any longer, much to their woe and to the suffering of the wealthy, and the great wizards of the Greyhawk City-States will not expend their Wishes to save a paltry few. Though they are restrained in their raving and soothed in their fever, it is not likely that a significant fraction will survive these wracking pangs of addiction.

However, those drow who fall in to the grasp of Eli's succubi minions (perhaps 25% of those who land in the Triumvirate's territory) will be treated with evil arcane magic, daemonic power, to attempt to assuage their withdrawl pains, as methadone to a junkie.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads