• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Airwhale

First Post
(OOC: My extent of knoledge in this, is that earlier, SE stated that one of the main reasons Gibenei sttod mainly united against Gallador, is that prayers from Veneca were still answered. I can only assume that the forces of Gibenei fought us with divine support from Veneca. SerpentEye, please correct me if I am mistaken. Also, SerpentEye will have to fill in details of this use, if they are praying to anyone else, and answer the rest of your questions.)

(OOC: Also, Foran is Human, from Ginsal.)

"I cannot speak for the belefs of the Elven Imperial Navy, I can only speak to what I witnessed on the battle field. The forces of this army were attempting to manipulate the undead of Gallador's army, just as Iuz was attempting his own divine manipulation. There were several towers of fire and walls of blades which were called into existance via intoning Veneca's name.

I also have considered that this may be some sort of deceit, but, someone is answering prayers in Venca's name. The simplest explanation is that it is Venca himself.

The ebb of negative energ common on this world seems to have died down a bit. I assume that this has something to do with the sphere being closed. Nevertheless, the Undead here were always strengthend by it. It is good that we are fighting the undead under these conditions.

And I am not laughing either... Far from it."

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
EDENA, MELKOR &SERPENTEYE

[SBLOCK]
Edena_of_Neith said:
TO ALL IN THE IR

Leathnor of Aliador makes the following proposal:

Let every power send forces to Gnibble immediately to aid Lord Gallador, establish control over that world, and afterwards establish joint control over it.
Let us do this now, before the forces of undead there wake up Vecna.

Aliador is willing to commit 50,000 elves to this venture.

We call on Baklunim, Orcreich, Miranda, Gigantea, Hyperboria, Aestia, Polaria, Highfolk and Delrune, the League of Athyr, and Greater Nyrond to help us.
We call on the Wolf, Greater Aerdi, the Empire of Iuz, the mighty city of Greyhawk, the Scarlet Brotherhood, and the Solistarim to help us.
We cannot call on the Illithid for the good reason no emissaries to them have survived. Yet we believe the Illithid would think this in their best interest as well.

Who will join us? Who will help cleanse Gnibble of the Minions of Vecna?

((OOC: The proposal is that each of us send 50 Regular PL, aided by 1 Epic PL to transport there, to Gnibble. And then we destroy the Lady Lich and her forces, and we hunt the followers of Vecna to extinction.))
[/SBLOCK]

PUBLIC:

When this message arrives at Ogrim Scarseer, he is still at the TEC meeting. Excusing himself from the ongoing discussions there, he retreats with his council to discuss the current situation.
Soon, a message is sent to Aliador:

"Orcreich has decided to send troops to Gnibble, as per your request. I have just given the official order, and as we speak my troops will be rallying to aid you in your quest.
Hopefully the cleansing of Gnibble be in time to stop Vecna from entering our world, or it might change as we know it.

King Scarseer of the Orcreich"

[OoC: Orcreich is sending 50 PL of regular troops, together with Nazarn the Hero-Deity (which is wrong on the roster I think) to the mission on Gnibble.]

To Gallador, a very short message is sent:

"Orcreich agrees to your conditions for the cleansing of Gnibble. May our cooperation lead to great successes in the war against Vecna."

SERPENTEYE:

[SBLOCK]
Serpenteye said:
ic:

The situation in the Celestial Imperium, long unstabile, turns into fullscale warfare after the failed attempt of asassination against one of the major warlords opposing the Sikari. The asassin, a male of uncertain description disguised by shapechanging into a female courtesan, fled after the failure of his first strike and has so far defied all divination. There is little doubt that he was an agent of the Sikari.
The wounded warlord Wuang-Li, his allies Su Tchen, Gao Fan and Sucheian struck fast and hard against Sikari positions across the Empire and the Sikari retaliation was brutal. The ancient and beautiful City of the Golden Moon was partially ruined in a particularly violent clash between great numbers of powerful spellcasters.

Upon hearing this news, Orcreich immediatly rallies itself. The army roars as the banners of war are held up firm by the standardbearers, orcs and humans alike, armed to the teeth, prepare for a march into the Celestial Empire. The neighbouring country of the Orcreich and the Khanates shall not be destroyed if the Reich has any say in it, and it will force a say.
With the war unleashed, brute force is not the only approach that the Reich undertakes. Propaganda of the saviors of Orcreich, coming to aid the inhabitants of the Celestial Imperium, is unleashed in the lands. Joining the Reich has done the Khanates lots of good, they say, and they bring proof of the now great empire that the Reich is. Images of beautiful cities, peaceful inhabitants and the cooperation of many races are being displayed to anyone who listens in the Celestial Imperium.
Slowly, the Army of Liberation, as the forces of Orcreich that are send in are called, moves throught the lands of the Celestial Imperium, welcoming anyone who accepts them as their saviors, smashing down anyone who decides to fight them.

[OoC: 300PL of regular armies, as well as 15 Elite PL are forming the Army of Liberation, moving from city to city near the Orcreich border to seize control of these cities. 10PL is used to spread propaganda throughout the lands near the borders of Orcreich. Mission is to take control, not to destroy. If any resistance is encountered, they will however be annihilated. If any cities are taken under control, military forces will be stationed to ensure no resistance will erupt.]
[/SBLOCK]

Uvenelei

First Post
The Tharquish Empire approves of Lord Gallador's conditions as well. 30 rPL are equipped and readied to be transported to Gnibble to aid in cleansing the Whispered One's followers.
(can someone give me a lift? :) )

Also, a question for Serpenteye: can clerics gain spells from philosophies rather than divinities in the IR?

Serpenteye (private):
[sblock]I'm taking the 30 rPL from my defensive force. Also, I've changed my mind yet again (I'm chaotic, what are ya gonna do?), and resume corrupting the drow in my care.[/sblock].

Lord Gallador is thankful of help received. He informs Tempest and Scarseer that he has heard much of their terrifying warriors and sends Garthaur Prince of Flesh, his bravest son who wears skins of his slain opponents, to pick Tempest`s troops and to find information about the leader of Tharquish Empire.

OOC: this Hero-Deity is 2 epic pl, right? Good, Elite and Epic forces will be needed even more than mundane troops, in order to eliminate enemy Necromancers, so the mindless Undeath of enemy won`t be controlled.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Miranda Alliance will commit 50 regular PL (elves, goblins, some weak fey, orcs, dwarves, animals), 10 elite PL and 1 Epic PL representing Gwynharwyf to the situation on Gibenei.

Gwynharwyf will make it absolutely clear that while they will respect Gallador's lordship over Gibenei, they do not take orders from him and are there soley for the benefit of the freed non-undead and to deal with the cult of Vecna.

These forces will wait and see what kind of plan of attack is developed before heading off. Appropriate time is taken for preparation before departure.

Serpenteye
Private
[sblock]
Even split for the regular PL. Take the Elites from the squad who were evacuating drow from the great city, a project I assume is now finished.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye:[sblock]The Wolf God is retiring the former clerics of Iuz (now without magical powers); while most are sent into administrative work, those who appear potential threats (given their NE alignment, a fair number) are retired in more permanent fashion. In their place, clerics of Al'Akbar's True Faith and the some of the priests and adepts of Hextor and Maglubiyet (all of the above being Lawful Neutral) begin to preach. The teachings center upon guardianship and duty, these being tenets all of the faiths can agree upon. In addition, the latter two faiths exalt the Wolf God as a prophet and saviour of the goblinoid people (though such teachings would be welcomed on the part of the Baklunish god as well, they are unlikely).[/sblock]

Festy_Dog

First Post
“Well, now that you’ve heard what Aliador, Athyr and Lord Gallador have to say, should we sent troops?” Emperor Noru asked Hachiman.

Hachiman sat opposite the Emperor, holding a cup of tea.

“With all the drow suffering from the Withdrawal in the Hospice of Stars, it frees up a lot of our troops should we want to commit them to the conflict, so it is within our capability,” he replied.

“And assisting the members of the TEC pact will improve our odds of getting in, should we desire it,” Noru commented.

“Should we desire it. The only reason I would desire to join the TEC pact is to keep the more malevolent factions off our back, if only for a while,” Hachiman explained.

“There is more than one benefit to joining the pact, does the potential problems you envision outweigh them?”

“Yes, I do not trust it. I would prefer not to get involved at all.”

Emperor Noru thought for a minute, “I sent Galeda to the Summit, he should be able to get an opinion of whether we should join from being there and seeing it in motion.”

There was a brief silence before Hachiman spoke again.

“Yes, it is granted that in the short term it would be wise to be a part of the pact. Though I fear what may happen in the long term,” he said, then changed the subject, “I find the idea of sending troops to Gnibble acceptable. Any that are sent I will lead myself. Zennef and a large portion of the elites will come with me, though I will need to think upon how many regulars we should take.

“Whether or not we destroy his followers, if the Whispered One is here he will be active. I doubt he would give up an opportunity like this, when he is the most powerful single entity in Greyspace. To not take this opportunity for a pre-emptive strike could be a great folly.”

Noru nodded.

“Zindia will donate troops,” he said.

“Good, I will gather the elites and we will make plans. I will have Zennef ready the troops while I will go speak with Gallador personally. Perhaps I could be of some aid to him if it is a plan of attack he needs. Were others to see me help coordinate the war, and the large contribution of troops we have made, they may be more inclined to lend their own forces,” Hachiman concluded.

Zindia and Nippon have readied troops to assist with the fighting on Gnibble: Hachiman (3 ePL) and 1 epic PL, 15 elite PL and 150 rPL.

Melkor - PUBLIC

[sblock]Hachiman, demigod of war, seeks an audience with Lord Gallador, to offer him personal assistance with developing tactics and strategies to use against the followers of Vecna. He is a capable tactician, warrior and cleric, and even though Nippon and Zindia are not currently a member of the TEC, he would like to utilise these skills against the threat posed by the Whispered One.[/sblock]

Serpenteye – PRIVATE

[sblock]I’ll be readying 50 regular PL from Zindia, the Nippon Dominion, and Nippon each. With the drow now being cared for elsewhere, the 20 elite PL who were caring for them are now divided into 5 elite PL who remain at the ‘Hospice of Stars’ to continue helping, and 15 elite PL who are readied to go to Gnibble. The 5 elite PL in the underdark below Nipponese/Zindian territory stay there, maintaining vigilance. Going to send you an email too.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Aliadorian Commander nods, face grim.

'Blade Barriers?'
'Flame Strikes?'
'If your reports are true, we have a Lesser or Intermediate Diety of some sort to deal with out here.'

His face hardens, as he turns to his lieutenants, males and females:

'Remember we are still marines, and we have a job to do. Have our boys and girls break out their gear. We're digging in!'

A magical missive is sent back to Aliador with Forans' testimony, and any other information gathered.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Defense of the City of Varna: The Aerial Shield

The Defense of Varna: The Aerial Shield

Upon the Guilty Vote cast by Aliador at the TEC Summit, Aliador is withdrawing it's 50 Elite PL from the Celestial Imperium at once.
These Elite PL are put to work, employing their magic to create a vast shield of Walls of Force over the forest that is the City of Varna.
Permanency and Wall of Force are used to create an Aerial Shield over entire square miles of forested hills, the trees the home of hundreds of thousands of elves, and now home to over one million elves come from other parts of Aliador, plus those refugees from the Celestial Imperium that could be saved in the time that there was.

It is expected that Iuz will unleash Apocalypse from the Sky. Why wouldn't he? Aliador voted Guilty. Aliador, voted for his death and the destruction of his peoples and lands. Why wouldn't Iuz retaliate?

It is hoped the Aerial Shield will halt the blast from Apocalypse from the Sky, since it's colossal blast does indeed come from above.
The Aerial Shield is created in such a way that it is only above the highest branches of the trees at any given point, so it varies in height greatly, since the trees vary in height greatly, and the ground itself soars up and down in hills and ridges hundreds of feet high.
An attempt to cast the spell starting below the Aerial Shield will only cause partial damage to the city, because of the hilly terrain, and the uneveness of the Shield, and thus most of the elves will survive.

At least, that's the theory.
The creation of the Aerial Shield is now ongoing. All 50 Elite PL are working on it. What Epic PL is available is also helping out.

Serpenteyes' call.

After the Aerial Shield is completed, the elves create a series of Fire Breaks, using Permanency and Wall of Force, with the Walls extending from the ground up to the Aerial Shield.
Before it is over, a very extensive network of Fire Breaks will divide the city into hundreds of pieces, and the entire perimeter of the city will be shielded by Wall of Force.
Thus, damage from Apocalypse from the Sky will be further reduced yet, as Walls of Force block it's sideways momentum (similar to the way natural rock would block it underground.)

Also, the point is to protect the elves from radiant heat damage, blast (and sonic) damage, and suffocation.

((Nothing like preparing the equivalent of a very large and hilly Caras Galahron of Lothlorien for the equivalent of a nuclear war. Sauron never had it so good.))

Last edited:

Lord Gallador invites all leaders of expeditionary force, including Hachiman to a feast in Salitisa`s Palace on Valion Gool( Nosferatu Lords present won`t be feeding so someone`s feelings won`t be hurted) in order to discuss military plans.

OOC: i don`t have time to reply to each post now, I will be back later.

Remove ads