Iron DM 2009 - FINAL MATCH - it's over!

Wicht

Hero
Once more I awake to this thread being on the second page... That won't do.

If there is still interest in competing, I think the judges still have a few open slots.

And, thank you for the kind words Wik.

phoamslinger

Explorer
the next match will be Brent_Nall vs InVinoVeritas at noon TODAY. can both of you please post confirming that you are ready to go before that time, otherwise I'll push back to 6pm Eastern time tonight, then to noon tomorrow (Saturday) at the latest.

after this each match will start approximately when the last one ends (in other words, 48 hours between match ups). for the first round matches will be paired up in the order of sign up listed on page 1 of the thread, so next will be Pour vs Wik, followed by MortalPlague vs Rechan, etc.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
the next match will be Brent_Nall vs InVinoVeritas at noon TODAY. can both of you please post confirming that you are ready to go before that time, otherwise I'll push back to 6pm Eastern time tonight, then to noon tomorrow (Saturday) at the latest.

after this each match will start approximately when the last one ends (in other words, 48 hours between match ups). for the first round matches will be paired up in the order of sign up listed on page 1 of the thread, so next will be Pour vs Wik, followed by MortalPlague vs Rechan, etc.
Ah, I see. So that means the schedule looks something like this, barring any cancellations or disqualifications:

EDIT: Updated 10-24-09

ROUND ONE

Match 1:
Wulf Ratbane vs. Wicht
Wednesday, Oct. 7

Match 2:
Brent_Nall vs. Wik
Friday, Oct. 9

Match 3:
Pour vs. InVinoVeritas
Sunday, Oct. 11

Match 4:
MortalPlague vs. CleverNickName
Thursday, Oct. 15

Match 5:
Rechan vs. Atras
Friday, Oct. 16

Match 6:
humble minion vs. Thasmodious
Monday, Oct. 19

Match 7:
Felipe_Real vs. Sparky
Tuesday, Oct. 20

Match 8:
ElectricDragon vs. Iron Sky
Thursday, Oct. 22

ROUND TWO

Match 1:
InVinoVeritas vs. CleverNickName
Saturday, Oct. 24

Match 2:
Wulf Ratbane vs. Thasmodious
Tuesday, Oct. 27

Match 3:
Atras vs. Wik
Thursday, Oct. 29

Match 4:
Sparky vs. Iron Sky
Sunday, Nov. 1

ROUND THREE

Match 1:
InVinoVeritas vs. Wulf Ratbane
Wednesday, Nov. 4

Match 2:
Wik vs. Iron Sky
Friday, Nov. 5

FINAL ROUND

Match 1:
InVinoVeritas vs. Iron Sky
Thursday, Nov. 12

-----

Legend
Match completed
Match in progress
Awaiting judgement
Scheduled matches

Last edited:

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State

Present and ready to go, work, D&D and TexRenFest opening this weekend not withstanding. :p

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
The 48 hours is just a scheduling courtesy. You really ought to be able to finish up your entry in under 24 hours. Still, as I did have a things to do both last night and this morning, I appreciated having just a little extra time.

Ditto for me, in converse. I had a rehearsal the first night and free time last night.

But I still wish I had more time because... these things are brutal.

Just remember: It's better to lose with honor than to flake out and quit. No matter what, at least get your ass across the finish line. That in itself is no small feat, as some of you newbies are about to discover.

Hoping I get to play you later on... a Wik/Wicht showdown would just be too good. :)

Well, screw you, too, buddy! :p

Nifft

Penguin Herder
(from the other thread)

I apologize for forgetting some of the formatting niceties-- it's been years.
IMHO your formatting is perfectly fine. As long as the formatting doesn't actually detract from legibility, it's ignored.

Radiating Gnome will post his judgment of this match soon, but we won't be waiting on that to kick off match 2.

Cheers, -- N

Wicht

Hero
Glad you got it in Wulf. I was starting to worry. Now I can distractedly wait upon the judge instead.

I will say, having the judge be anonymous before the judging makes it a whole lot harder to play to the tastes of the judge. :p

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I will say, having the judge be anonymous before the judging makes it a whole lot harder to play to the tastes of the judge. :p

I noticed that too.

I don't really do too much of that myself (that I can consciously recall).

I was actually hoping to see a Nifft judgment, as it would (I believe) be unprecedented thus far.

Hee hee... I wonder if you could work it into some kind of prisoner's dilemma format? The contestants each pick a judge they'd like to judge, and if they pick the same one, that guy judges; and if not, the one guy they didn't pick judges.

Ahem.

Can you tell I spend my days tinkering with rules for no damn reason?

phoamslinger

Explorer
since Veritas hasn't acknowledged, I'll push the start back to 6pm tonight.

ALTERNATELY
would Wik or Pour like to jump the queue and start now against Brent?

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
I don't really do too much of that myself (that I can consciously recall).

I don't actually either (hence my tongue sticking emoticon). I write them to please myself first and foremost. But I know that as rounds progress, you do get some "don't do that" moments based on the prior comments of the judge.

Interesting choice by the way to go for a solo adventure.

Remove ads