• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
Countless bones jut from the clay walls of this chamber. Grinning skulls peer down over the ends of femurs and ulnas sticking out at odd angles. Most of the bones are from animals-some as large as stags and bears-but some are undeniably human.

In the shadows Corsa sees the silhouettes of three figures, one slightly larger than the others.

SunGold

First Post
Corsa lifts one of her swords and gestures toward the silhouettes with a meaningful glance at her companions. "Could use a bit of light over there," she says to them quietly.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb tucks the strange flail away and grabs his sword. Hearing Corsa's words he heads off in her direction to see what is going on.

OOC: Perception - [roll0] (If you want investigation instead just subtract 2 from that roll)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh gets out a torch, but instead of lighting it, he prays to Gozreh for light-without-fire. The torch lights up in a bright glow, and Loosh throws it as far as he can toward the three figures.

OOC: Light cantrip.

eayres33

Explorer
As the light flew by Corsa, a light grunt was heard and a javelin flies through the air finding a home in Corsa’s armor.

In the distance the images of three troglodytes, one much larger than the others it’s teeth glowing orange in the light of the torch. All three let loose a battle cry.

GM:
Handiss had the javelin attack readied at first sight. Everyone else is just above Loosh on the map, lets get a new initiative.

[sblock=AC and Conditions]
Flint 14 HP 13/22
Harb 19 HP 17/28
Lal 15 HP 25/25
Corsa AC 13 HP 20/26
Vin 14 (17 mage 20 Blade Singing) HP 20/20
Giana 16 HP 24/24 (bear 11 HP 9/34)
Loosh 16 HP 13/21
Handiss 16 HP 51/51
T1 11 HP 13/13
T2 11 HP 13/13 [/sblock]
[sblock=Troglodyte]
AC 11
HP 13
SPD 30ft
Makes three attacks one with bite and two with claws
Bite: +4 to hit 5ft, 1d4+2 piercing
Claw +4 to hit 5ft, 1d4+2 slashing [/sblock]
[sblock=Handiss]
AC 16
HP 51
SPD 30
Makes three attacks
+1 Warhammer +10 to hit 5ft, 1d8+6 slashing
Javelin +6 to hit 1d6+5 piercing [/sblock]

[sblock=Rolls]
Handiss readied Javelin attack: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

Javelin damage: 1D6+5 = [1]+5 = 6

T1 Initiative: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13

T2 Initiative: 1D20+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Handiss Initiative: 1D20-1 = [18]-1 = 17

[/sblock]

InkedLower Caves_LI.jpg

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Didn't we defeat all the troglodytes?" Flint whispers to nobody in particular. "Whoa, that's a big fellow!"

OOC: New initiative: [roll0]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Sigh, well according to the ranger there are only what, 30 to go?" Harb mutters to Flint.

"Leave this place now and there is no need for you to die. I'll even get out of your way."

Harb moves out of the way and takes a defensive stance.

OOC:
Initiative: Initiative: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

Move - M7
Action - Dodge

QUESTION - Doesn't look like Loosh or Harbs HP were adjusted after I used lay on hands. If it was just missed it should be +5 and +10 respectively, If it's because I didn't have time to do it yet please ignore this action and use lay on hands as my action for this round.

eayres33

Explorer
OOC: Is the ring of yellow splotches the extend of the torchlight?

GM:
Those are the piles of bones that surrond this room, but yes the torch light would extend to everything inside of the circle.
And Greenmtn, I actually was thinking I missed updating that when I was walking my dog this morning. It's been updated.

Remove ads