• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

River Song

Explorer
Vin quickly launches a bolt of fire at the large troglodyte, idly wondering if his aim would improve.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"YES!" he shouts,"I finally hit one."

eayres33

Explorer
The larger Troglodyte tilts its heads at Harb’s words before pointing it’s war hammer at the group and snarling. A bolt of fire from Vin hit its armor but didn’t seem to have any effect on the creature.

Lal raced to Harb’s side and stood ready.

GM:

Okay we will have adventures go first, Vin, Harb and Lal have already went so I need movement from the other’s. Loosh had stayed and readied and action if you want to move forward you can repost or just leave it as is if you want to see how things unfold.

The big Trog has an AC of 16 so Vin's firebolt missed having an impact.

[sblock=Initiative]
Vin 24
Harb 21
Lal 19
Flint 16
Corsa 16
Giana 2
Loosh 1
Handiss 17
T1 13
T2 5[/sblock]

[sblock=AC and Conditions]
Flint 14 HP 13/22
Harb 19 HP 17/28
Lal 15 HP 25/25
Corsa AC 13 HP 20/26
Vin 14 (17 mage 20 Blade Singing) HP 20/20
Giana 16 HP 24/24 (bear 11 HP 9/34)
Loosh 16 HP 13/21
Handiss 16 HP 51/51
T1 11 HP 13/13
T2 11 HP 13/13 [/sblock]
[sblock=Handiss]
AC 16
HP 51
SPD 30
Makes three attacks
+1 Warhammer +10 to hit 5ft, 1d8+6 slashing
Javelin +6 to hit 1d6+5 piercing[/sblock]
[sblock=Troglodyte]
AC 11
HP 13
SPD 30ft
Makes three attacks one with bite and two with claws
Bite: +4 to hit 5ft, 1d4+2 piercing
Claw +4 to hit 5ft, 1d4+2 slashing[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]

InkedLower Caves_LI.jpg

[/sblock]

SunGold

First Post
Corsa looks angrily at the gash left by the javelin and is about to lunge for Handiss, but freezes when she hears Harb's words. When she looks back and sees no one else advancing, she shakes her head in disgust and pulls back.

"Enjoy the fruits of your mercy, boys," she says over her shouler wryly as she vanishes into the previous cavern.

OOC: Corsa's noping out, back into the previous room.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint enters the cavern at the same time that Corsa backs out again.

"And she's accusing me of runnin' from a fight?" he says a bit louder than neccessary.

Looking at the big troglodyte warrior and the firebalt Vin throws at it, Flint decides to try the same.

"Here's runnin' towards a fight, lass!"

The seemingly small ball of fire arches lazily towards the creature, where it blows up in its face unexpectedly.

OOC: Move to N-04, cast Firebolt cantrip on Handiss. I'm using the Tides Of Chaos feature, which lets me gain advantage. When I roll on the Wild Magic Surge Table, I (may?) get another use of this, otherwise 1/long rest.
If Flint is being attacked, cast Shield as reaction, triggering a Wild Magic Surge.

Firebolt: [roll0]
Advantage (Tides of Chaos): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] fire

Remove ads