D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I can help load and carry. I'm no stranger to hard work," Sister Grace says. "I'm woefully unprepared for this flight so I want to help where I can."

eayres33

Explorer
“He has a window facing the alley, there are one or two rooms there and then you can get into the store itself.” Aubrin said her voice low and the sorrow at seeing her town folk slaughtered is evident.

As you approach the shop the bartender speaks up, “Usually when we get raided he sets traps for our visitors, so I’d watch yourself in there.”

GM:

Current status, we have our 8 adventures, Aubrin, the bartender and two other NPC's in the alley.
Besides what the PC's started with (one day's ration will =1 provision point) you have 11 provision points

Jason.knepper

First Post
Raux looks back at the group briefly, "Corsa, you and I will pop in through the alley window. Once we're inside, you take point and make sure we aren't surprised by any traps. Since we're going in the back window, once Corsa and I scope out the inside, we'll signal for the rest of you to come in and gather the goods. Then we figure out our next move. Sound good to everyone?"

OOC: Can we get a map of immediate area around the city and an idea of our bearings in the city? Specifically, I am interested in what terrain is near the borders of the city and how close we are to those terrain features. Thanks!

Stealth: 1d20+4 5

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Corsa shoots Raux a faux-scandalized look. "Well, what are you suggesting, Raux?" she says as reaches back to pull a leather roll off the side of her pack. "That I might be the shifty sort who'd be comfortable with traps?"

Without ever breaking eye contact, she holds the roll next to her face and, with the same hand, opens the clasp. The roll falls open to reveal what are obviously thieves' tools, and she smirks.

"You wound me."

eayres33

Explorer
The window creeks slightly as the tension gives way and it slides upward. The room beyond is 15ft by 15ft, with a door on the fall wall.

The window opens between a bed and a writing desk. At first glance there appears to be nothing else in this room.

eayres33

Explorer
Through a wall or two you can hear the heavy footsteps of several beings. You cannot make out exact number of creatures but they whatever is out there is either wearing armor or is heavier than the average human.

The room you have entered appears to be in order, at a glance there is no indication that it has been disturbed or that there are any traps set.

GM:

If you want to search the room/desk please make a investigation check.
To save time the door on the far wall is unlocked if checked

eayres33

Explorer
Under the bed is 1 provision point worth of food a short sword and 3 sets of common clothes.

The desk contains, ink, 5 candles, writing paper and notes for a “stump remover” which appears to be a potent explosive mixed from alchemically refined lamp oil and animal dung.

All of the ingredients of the "stump remover," are marked, inventoried in workroom.

Remove ads