• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Does it look like there's anything stopping the (hob)gobs from opening that door? A lock?

And if we go get our companions right now, do they really not have to make stealth checks, even in chain armor and such?

eayres33

Explorer
The room appears to be in order and the door does not have a lock, however Raux notices there does appear to be something attached to the top of the door jam that appears out of place.

The breathing of several beings can be heard from the cellar door.

GM:
The door is unlocked.
To enter the back bedroom no stealth check is needed. To enter the store room a stealth check would be required.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"The Sisterhood of Paladine goes into darkness to bring light. I'm not sure what you are getting at."

"I mean no offence. It's just... I am in service to Gozreh, but I don't know others who are. I was wondering what it was like to have the guidance of a Sisterhood in your worship. I imagine it can be helpful, but also limiting."

"But this talk will probably have to wait..."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harbs focus from searching for any signs of danger to the flank is unwavering.

His eyes darting around, his shield up. Every scream of a dying person causes a small movement of his lips. anyone who pays attention realizes that he is counting the screams.

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Corsa goes over to take a closer look at the door--without touching--when Raux points it out.

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Sorry for double post, but in case it's applicable:

Investigation: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16

And sorry guys, hang tight, Corsa's about to come get some of you to hop into that first room...just wanna make sure a "stump remover" isn't about to blow this whole place first. That "recently used" workbench...

eayres33

Explorer
The door jam is rigged with a trap. The trap is designed to spray some kind of liquid when triggered. There are slight signs of corrosion on the door and the spray nozzle. The triggering mechanism seem to be a combination of a pressure plate and a gear and teeth mechanism, which would trigger if the door was opened to quickly. The nozzle is aimed down and out towards the storefront.

SunGold

First Post
"Perfect; at least that'll slow 'em down," Corsa whispers to the ranger as she finishes looking over the trap. "We need to be ready for a fight, in case the townsfolk make noise when we open the cellar. I'm going to get a few of our companions from the alley."

She steps lightly back to the window and quickly explains the situation to their companions. "We're going to try and get the townsfolk out here quietly, but it may go sideways. We need a few of you to wait quietly in this first room, just in case. Whoever's ready to fight. Once you're in, I'll open the cellar."

She heads back to the second room, keeping an eye on the first.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Hey, if we can hear them breathing in the cellar...

While she waits for the first room to fill up, the rogue crouches next to the cellar door, puts her face right up to the crack between the door and floor, and whispers into it. "Hey, I'm here with Aubrin to get you out. Can you hear me?"

Remove ads