5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
intitiative check at the Market festival : 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20


Lal lept to his feet, lifting his tabar into a high guard. He spat on the ground and said "if you want slaves you are going to have to earn them", nostrils flaring. His eyes narrowed as he readied his combat trance.

[sblock=minisheet]Lal Qalandar, human barbarian (hermit) level 1, CG

Abilities:Str: 17 (+3), Dex: 13 (+1), Con: 14 (+2) Int: 8 (-1), Wis: 13 (+1), Cha: 8 (-1)

AC: 13 (barbarian unarmored defense)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30
HP: 14/14
Hit Dice: 1d12
Passive Perception: 13

SAVES: Strength +5, Dexterity: +1, Constitution: +4 ,Intelligence: -1, Wisdom: +1, Charisma: -1[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Unlike some patrons, Flint remains silent at the hobgoblin threat. However, upon seeing the accursed goblinoids, ancient enemies of dwarves and the main reason for Flint's exile, the former dwarven captain's eyes begin to burn with hatred.

Quietly Flint grabs his battleaxe and prepares for a fight. Yes, the town is overrun and yes, he will probably die today. But he intends to take several of the nasty critters with him.

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]
 
Raux curses, quickly stashes his flask and draws both blades. So much for peace and home. He scans the room to mark the combatants and exits. How had a horde made its way to the city without any warning, he wondered. Working his way to a wall so as not to be surrounded and he prepares to let the battle unfold before him, seeking to find his best angle for survival and escape. He has no intention of surrendering to creatures he knows have no distinction in their language between "prisoners" and "condemned".

Initiative: 1d20+2 14
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb Grits his teeth, snarling as he bends down and lifts his shield which had been leaning on the wall next to him, turning to stand between the Hobgoblins and the civilian next to him a fire burns in his eyes.

A level of surprise and pride takes him as he sees so many others willing to fight back. His hand goes to his sword, drawing it slowly from it's scabbard as he speaks, his words, loud, confident, his tone one of finality betraying his words not as a request but a command.

"Your choice is to leave this place now or to die failures in the eyes of your Gods."

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]
 

eayres33

Villager
The lead hobgoblin snarled, "Then death it is."

GM:
Player average 14. So players win feel free to get your first turn posted. Please let me know what Hobgoblin you attack. You can use the grid numbers or H1 for the one in the SW corner H2 for the one to his right and H3 for the one by the stairs.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

OOC:
Move - 00/03
Attack with Sword [roll0] Damage [roll1]


Harb turns his head slightly in a signal to the civilian behind him "Fight with us or hide behind the bar just don't be a victom."

He quickly moves over to the base of the stairs to prevent the hobgoblins from going upstairs and hurting anyone up there swinging at the closest one, hitting it's armor with his blade and squaring off to do battle. "Last chance to leave alive or I will kill you."
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal says "ah, it chooses death. You can attack freely Harb!"

Lal then stepped forward in a twirling motion, tabar held high, as he entered into his battle transe. He felt connected to everything as he stepped towards the middle hobgoblin...

First attack on hobgoblin: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7


... and promptly ducked instead of swinging his axe, letting the thrown dagger fly by.

Bonus action: rage
Action: attack (and fail)
Move: to the front lines!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

[sblock=minisheet]Lal Qalandar, human barbarian (hermit) level 1, CG

Abilities:Str: 17 (+3), Dex: 13 (+1), Con: 14 (+2) Int: 8 (-1), Wis: 13 (+1), Cha: 8 (-1)

AC: 13 (barbarian unarmored defense)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30
HP: 14/14
Hit Dice: 1d12
Passive Perception: 13

SAVES: Strength +5, Dexterity: +1, Constitution: +4 ,Intelligence: -1, Wisdom: +1, Charisma: -1[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Vin draws his short sword and raising his other hand palm out he launches a bolt of pure flame at the hobgoblin leader.

[sblock=action]

Move Action: Draw sword remain in place.
Action: Fire bolt
- [roll0]
- [roll1]

[/sblock]
 

eayres33

Villager
The lead hobgoblin sneers as he dodges Harb’s sword attack and Corsa’s dagger. The sneer is quickly wiped off his face as he takes the full blunt of Vin’s firebolt, howling in pain.

After deflecting the attacks against them the other two hobgoblins pause for a brief second at the damage done to their companion before striking out in anger.

GM:
We still have Raux and Flint to go, just wanted to give an update on moves and conditions
H1 no damage taken
H2 no damage taken
H3 10 points fire damage taken, bleeding/burnt badly
 
Raux steps forward and swings his swords at the middle hobgoblin (H2). He brings his right hand down in a broad slashing arc at his foe's head.

Longsword attack (primary hand): 1d20+5 22
Longsword damage (primary hand): 1d8+5 8

And plunges his off hand blade into the creature's guts.

Longsword attack (off hand hand): 1d20+5 25 (Crit!)
Longsword damage (off hand) (natural 20 crit): 2d8+2 13

He looks over at the hobgoblin by the door and says in the goblin tongue, "You're next. Ready to bleed?"
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint is momentarily distracted when he sees Vin hurling magical fire towards one of the hobgoblin. Without thinking about it, the dwarf grabs a crystal that hangs on a chain around his neck, and points his other hand towards the same goblinoids

A similar bolt of fire appears just beyond Flint's battleaxe and almost lazily arches towards the already burnt hobgoblin.

"Hey, I did the same thing!" Flint shouts cheerfully, not even bothering to see if the magic hit its target.

OOC: Firebolt cantrip: Attack [roll0]
Possible damage: [roll1]
 
Seeing the fire bolts and armed tavern patrons, Raux taunts the unharmed hobgoblin further, "Don't run. We bring fire and steel. We want to see you bleed and burn."

OOC: As Raux is currently wielding two weapons his AC is +1 from his dual wielded feat. Total AC currently at 16.
 
Last edited:

eayres33

Villager
The hobgoblin in front of the door grunts as he falls to the floor and the blood begins to pour from his wounds.

The lead Hobgoblin growls as he sings his longsword at the Half-Elf in front of him, swinging wide of the target.

The untouched Hobgoblin thrust his longsword at the Human in front of him,”You will pay for his death!”
A disappointed look crosses his face as the woman easily moves out of the way of his lunging attack.


GM:

H1 attacks Harb with a longsword attack H1 attack on Harb: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4


H3 attacks Sister Grace with a longsword attack H3 attack on Sister Grace: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8


Status
Vin 14 AC HP8/8
Lal 13 AC HP 14/14
Corsa 13 AC HP 10/10
Grace 18 AC HP 10/10
Flint 14 AC HP 9/9
Harb 18 AC HP 12/12
Raux 16 AC HP 12/12

Lead Hobgoblin, bleeding heavily and burnt
Hobgoblin Two, lying dead in front of the splintered doorway
Hobgoblin Three, disappointed but in good health

Aubrin still barely awake clutching her chest as blood continues to spurt from her wounds.
The other three NPC's are hiding and are in good health.

Round Two begins
 

River Song

Explorer
Pointing at the cowering barfolk, Vins voice ring loud and clear over the din, "Get Aubrin out of here and tend to her wounds!"

[roll0]

And then launches another bolt of fire at the lead hobgoblin.

[sblock=rolls]

[roll1]
[roll2]

[/sblock]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]


Harb swings his sword at the same Hobgoblin again. The Hobgoblin managing to get his shield up in time to block the blow. Harb growls at him.

​"Today the sun will set on your life!"
 

SunGold

Villager
Corsa kneels next to Aubrin, draws her second dagger from its sheath, and slashes a small nick in the bottom of the bard's tunic. She sheathes the dagger hurriedly and clutches the tunic on either side of the tear.

"Sorry love, I normally ask before tearing clothes off, I swear," she says, and then pulls at the rip, tearing a strip off the shirt's bottom. She wads it up and holds it to the wound, putting pressure on it.

Medicine: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9

"Hey, hey, hold on," she says, putting her free hand on Aubrin's shoulder. "You still have to write the song about the beautiful p-...port-hand who saved you," she stammers out, looking around the room desperately. "I'm much better at making wounds than healing them!" she calls to no one in particular. "Is anyone good at this?!"
 

eayres33

Villager
Aubrin grunts as the port hand applies pressure to the wound. Her hands no longer needed to stem the tide of blood, Aubrin reaches into one of her pockets and takes out a small vile, her hand shaking as she gets most of the contents into her mouth.

The blood streaming out of Aubrin’s wound slows to a trickle and the glazed look of surprise begins to fade as it appears Aubrin becomes more aware of the situation. "T. T. thank you is all she can mutter."
 

SunGold

Villager
Corsa looks surprised and then relieved when Aubrin pulls the vial out. She was a retired adventurer. Of course.

She nods at the bard and then stands up. "Nevermind, carry on!" she calls out with a grin as she reaches for her dagger again.
 

Advertisement

Top