log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)


log in or register to remove this ad

Jason.knepper

First Post
Raux takes a position inside the building but with a vantage to look out the splintered doorway. Scanning the scene outside, he looks for any clues as to the army's composition, tactics, and potential goal, if not outright slaughter. While doing so, he fishes inside his tunic for his flask and turns briefly to the swashbuckler behind the bar and tosses the flask saying, "Help a poor flask out and pour something in please... whiskey is our poison."
 



SunGold

First Post
Corsa hops back over the bar, retrieves her thrown dagger, and heads to the storeroom to swipe what little she might have time to.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-elf Paladin

As the last Hobgoblin drops Harb scans the room quickly to ensure everyone is ok.

He then looks at the bodies, One of the Hobgoblins is breathing slightly, he walks over to that one "This is more mercy than your allies will give on this day." and slits his throat ending his suffering.

Assessing the situation, realizing that the only choice is to retreat, the new person through the doorway is not an enemy and that the doorway is being watched he starts preparing to leave.

Donning his travel pack and freeing his hands up he helps Lal remove the chainmail from one Hobgoblin and grabs the shields and swords from the other two, leaving the armor, feelings it's not worth the time it would take to remove, given the battle outside.

He grabs one of the sheets thrown down from upstairs hastily placing the hobgoblin shields and swords in it before he moves to the back and helps to collect supplies.

"We need to hurry, they will try to lock the village down, grab what you can carry and we will help who we can... and pray for those we can't."
 

eayres33

Explorer
A younger woman with dark hair comes out of the back with a finger to her mouth. In a hushed tone she continues. “There is something in the alley, more than one thing to be exact.”
 



SunGold

First Post
Corsa briefly considers following the dark-haired whiskey-drinker, but decides against it. She'd had enough ale that she doubted her ability to move as quietly as him. Instead, she draws both daggers and moves toward the back door of the front room, ready to run back if he was discovered.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint looks at the broken down door of the tavern, a sour look on his face.

"They'll come in any moment now. If only we had some way to block the door. Like a rock or something."

As if the magic within him senses the dwarf's need, a large 5 foot boulder appears in the entrance, apparently blocking the way in and out.

OOC: Casting the cantrip Minor Illusion. The boulder is an illusion.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Seeing some of the others in the back room go silent, hearing the report of something being in the alley already Harb puts his hand on his sword hilt again and guards the door back into the main room. Best to let the "scouts" do what they do and help when they need it he thinks to himself.

Watching Flint magically put a bolder in front of the door Harb grips his sword a little tighter. Thinking back to the stories he had heard leading up to Flint's exile. Could he be, no he couldn't, could he... Feeling his anger build as the notion that Flint might be in on this attack Harb shakes the thoughts away, dismissing them as his own darkness casting shadows on others. Flint, in the few times he had seen him didn't seem the type to involve himself in such foul behavior.

Harb impatiently waits for a report back on their safest way out, comforted and nervous at the same time, that the main entrance is blocked, their flank protected, and that escape route closed. To occupy his mind while he waits he glances around for anything that they might have neglected to grab that they might need and goes through his mental map of the city trying to envision their likely escape route, who they can save along the way, and if they can grab a horse or a cart on the way out.
 

eayres33

Explorer
The bartender looked over to Loosh, “yes on the second floor the last room on the wall looks over the alley.”

Raux is able to move to the storage room, it appears his movements have not caused a stir outside. In Goblin Raux hears a voice in Goblin, “They should have had the place secure by now. I say we go in and check it out.”
A much deeper voice replies, “More time. More moments, we go in. After.”
 


Jason.knepper

First Post
OOC: Based upon the layout of the city and the nearby buildings, is it feasible to plan a rooftop escape?


Raux steps forward towards the door leading out to the alley and summons his best guttural voice, saying in goblin "This building's secure. There's a trap on this door. Move on and we'll come out through the front!" He steps back to the side of the door to listen for further from the alley's occupants and readies his weapons.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal answers:

"We can't let this turn into a siege, because that is a battle we will lose. We have to get out of here, quickly. Which way out?"

edit:
Lal startles at hearing the strange language, but relaxes again upon recognizing Rauxes voice... he wasn't sure what he was up to, but he hoped it would fool these creatures. Once they were in the clear, he would have to ask the others what they were.
 

Loosh nods at Lal's logic and whispers, "If this is the only other way out, I suggest we make a push, and make it soon. The front door would be a bad idea. If they pass by we should go right away."

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app
 

eayres33

Explorer
OOC: Based upon the layout of the city and the nearby buildings, is it feasible to plan a rooftop escape?


Raux steps forward towards the door leading out to the alley and summons his best guttural voice, saying in goblin "This building's secure. There's a trap on this door. Move on and we'll come out through the front!" He steps back to the side of the door to listen for further from the alley's occupants and readies his weapons.

GM:
Can I get a performance check from Raux?


In the alley behind the inn it's almost pitch black. The main street is fairly dark, there are oil lanterns every 30 feet or so, unless you are within five feet of them its dim light. If you stay in the shadows of the building there is no light.

This is the only two story building and most of the roofs are thatch. A rooftop escape would be difficult.

From the search of the building you have found an additional 8 provision points (11 total with the three from the hobgoblins) and three flasks of oil.
 


Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Lal is right." Harb looks to the group. "We have three extra swords and two shields, who needs one for when we run into soldiers?"

The frustration in his voice is obvious, but he does his best to keep his volume down so as to not be heard from outside.

On hearing the strange language, that of a goblinoid, coming from one of their own group he tenses, again fearing betrayal.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top