• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
Renalt smiled a little at the thought of getting some payback on the group of black blooded beasts that destroyed this town, “Sure I would be glad to help, we should be quick though so I would advise against pits or anything that takes a while to set up.”

eayres33

Explorer
With their traps laid and their tracks covered the group began its way back to the camp. The first day went without incident as the clouds began to darken overhead, and a light rain began to fall. By midday on the second day the sky was almost black as a heavy rain poured down on the adventures and a strong wind threatened to blow them away.

GM:
So I would like a survival role from Giana for setting traps, it will be at advantage due to Renalt’s help.
You are around midday on day seven, the winds have picked up to a steady 50 MPH or so with gusts up to 75 MPH. You are currently getting around ½ an inch of rain per hour, and are around a day’s travel from the camp.
The storm shows no signs of letting up anytime soon.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Walking next to Loosh, speaking up to be heard over the howling wind but in a lighthearted tone.
"I am not sure what you did to please Gozreh this time. But maybe do it in smaller doses next time? Haha, I think maybe his blessings are soaking our hearts."

eayres33

Explorer
GM:
If the adventures stop by Gristletown on the way back to the caves they will find some hobgoblins in their traps.

Loosh and everyone else will be able to take a long rest and level up as soon as they get to camp. They have the option to search for shelter here, would want perception and/or survival checks or they could try to push on through the storm to the camp.

To push on would require an athletics check to avoid being blown down by the wind and a Con ST to avoid a level of exhaustion.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal speaks loudly over the fierce wind "We should seek shelter - we have storms like this back home, they can last a day and knock over trees, it's not safe to be in the open."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads