• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Can anyone put it to sleep? If I can get to it without it knowing I might be able to kill it before it makes a noise. This isn't the way I trained. But if no one else is confident I can likely do it."

SunGold

First Post
Corsa scoffs at Flint. "The first chance for a little fun in days, and you think you're going to sneak off and have it without me? Please."

She looks Harb up and down skeptically. "No offence, love, but anchors aren't meant for quiet work."

Grinning, she draws a shortsword with one hand and wiggles the fingers of her other at Flint before drawing the second. "Do your magic, then, and do try not to set us on fire."

OOC: Edit: Doh - ninja'd by the anchor. How embarrassing! ;)

If someone can sleep it, Corsa will step down and find other amusements.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I hit hard but so do my feet, they love the earth so... murmured Lal.

He looked at the Troglodyte with interest. Clearly not a Tamasic man... something different, and stronger looking too.

Perhaps we could smoke them out? He added hopefully.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Looks sleeping already," Flint mutters.

Turning to Corsa, the dwarf motions her to come to him, a little away from the others.

"Alright lass, you and I'll be havin' some fun," he says with a smile halfway between joy and the cold way a gnome inventor would eye his next experiment.

OOC: Casting invisibility, using Twinned Spell metamagic (cost: 1 sorcery point) to add an additional target (me).

Rolling for wild magic surge: [roll0]
You regain all lost sorcery points.

Hey, that was rather cool!

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
A seemingly disembodied voice responds to Corsa's.

"Bwah, don't be gettin' used to it."

Some silence, then, "She's gone, isn't she?"

A thud is followed by a quiet curse, as Flint has trouble gripping his battleaxe without seeing the heavy weapon, then the dwarf moves towards the sleeping troglodyte.

OOC: Keeping concentration on the invisibility. Stealth check: [roll0]

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Oh, also, can you please tell us the trog's AC when you let us know if that perception check yielded anything? (Since I attack twice, I need to know if the first hit lands and wakes it up, as that would negate advantage on the follow-up attack.)

eayres33

Explorer
Moving under the cover of invisibility Corsa and Flint move silently up towards the lone troglodyte. It’s stench was unbelievable.

As the adventures looked beyond the tangle of roots shading the cave entrance, a narrow tunnel slopes sharply down. The tips of tree roots protrude from the ceiling like stained teeth. Faint light from outside catches on a streak of cloudy teal crystal running along the length of one wall. Bulbous brown and purple fungal growths sprout from the ground, and an unpleasant, faintly sulfurous odor hands in the air.

GM:
Okay I need a DC 12 Con saving throw against the stench of the troglodyte. You both surprise the troglodyte

[sblock=Troglodyte]
AC 11 (natural)
HP 13
SPD 30
Stench 5ft DC12 Con ST
Makes one bite and two claw attacks
Bite-Melee-5ft +4 to hit 1d4+2 piercing
Claw- Melee -5ft +4 to hit 1d4+2 slashing [/sblock]

SunGold

First Post
Corsa paused briefly as the creature's stench nearly overpowered her. She never thought she'd be grateful to have spent so much time around filthy pirates, but as the sick sensation passed, she couldn't help but smirk. Smelled worse'n you, trog, she thought with some amusement.

She waited a moment, listening as Flint's quiet footsteps approached, and then plunged her sword into the sleeping creature's throat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads