D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Jason.knepper

First Post
Raux offers a mock salute with his blade, "Raux Amberchyn, formally of the Free Companies. Now we are strangers no longer but you can still owe me that whiskey." With that, he stepped out in to the alley.

eayres33

Explorer
"We need to stop by Oreld’s shop, he has some supplies we may need,” Aubrin stated as she made her way towards the back door. “There is also a good chance that he will have some people hiding in his cellar.”

Aubrin forced a smile, trying to put the best light on the situation, “Plus we can make it to his shop by staying off the main road. Take a left out the door and left at the next alley. He’s only two buildings down on the right. He only has the front door so anyone who goes in will be exposed for a brief second. The rest can wait in the alley.”

As the party steps out the door Hobgoblins battle with townsfolk in every direction, except the alleyway. From the sounds of the battle, the whole of Phaendar is under attack. Bodies lie on the ground everywhere, run through by hobgoblin blades and left where they fell. A wolf howls in the distance, its eerie cry echoed by the screams of the dying.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When the others see the carnage for the first time, Loosh looks remorseful. "This isn't my blood." he says looking down at his stained tunic, "It's not Hobgoblin blood either. It's from an elderly woman. I couldn't save her, and I didn't get her name."

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Lead the way to the shop then, if we can help we must." There is a bitterness, a self-loathing disgust, in Harbs voice as he speaks. Clearly having a VERY hard time with the idea of sneaking around while others fight and die.

He sigh's deeply and takes up position near the rear of the group, intending to guard them from anything coming from behind... and if truth be told, not entirely trusting everyone's intentions as mush as he might want to.

River Song

Explorer
Vindethrevolan “Vin”

The cries of the townsfolk fighting and dying were causing the former nobleman serious consternation. His desire to help was at war with the sickening feeling of how useless and futile his help would be overall. The feeling changed and Vin felt rage enter his heart, with great effort he pushed it down but his will was now bent to the destruction of this foe.

With a glare at the slaughter he turned to follow the others.

"Who is our best best at getting inside unseen?"he asks softly. "Is there a window or something at the back we can gain access through?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal raises his tabar in a salute to Raux: "Well met, I'm Lal Qualander, of the Purple Lands... I'm not from here, but it's clear who's the wrong doer in this fight. I will stand with all of you, let's do what we can... but we cannot help if we don't survive."

As the group stars heading towards the shop he pats Harb on the shoulder, and heads to the front. In a whisper he answers Vin's question. "I'm not very stealthy, but if whoever goes ahead gets in trouble I'll rush in - I'm right behind you."

SunGold

First Post
Corsa looks around at the slaughter in dismay, but she doesn't dwell on it the way some of the others seem to. It was unfortunate, but this sort of thing happened every day. She quickly moves on to thinking about survival.

"You're obviously good at moving quietly, Raux. I'm not bad at it myself, so I'm game to go in with you, in case there's trouble. But it's up to you."

OOC: Got +4 to stealth.

Jason.knepper

First Post
Raux nods at Corsa and then to the others he says, "I don't mind going in with Corsa, but if we want provisions for a dozen or more people, it will take more arms than ours to bring it all out. Be ready to help." As they moved through the alley, Raux tried to suppress the secret joy he felt at his current situation. He came home because he didn't want to serve as a hired arm oppressing the weak, not because he was tired of fighting. Now it was his home under siege and the fight was all around him.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb momentarily locks eyes with Lal when he touches his armored shoulder. The look in his face making his intentions clear. He will protect the back, the flank is safe as long as he draws breath.

Sword out, shield up, makeshift sack of provisions strapped to his pack, Harb turns so that his back is 3/4 to the party. Positioned so that he is facing backwards but able to turn his head to see his allies. A cold, families comfort comes over him.

He whispers, to himself more than anyone else. "It is necessary."

Remove ads