D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Good thinkin', lad," Flint agrees. "A portcullis of sorts, to drop behind us if we need to get out."

OOC: Thinking back to earlier editions, I thought there was a roll of sorts for making such structures, but apparently in 5th edition there isn't. Do you want us to roll something, or just assume we get the job done making a wall and collapsable gate?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal examined the flail once Harb decided not to use it. It was a most puissant weapon... was it enchanted?

Between practice rounds, Lal asked Flint: can you tell if any of this stuff is enchanted? The axe, the flail?

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

JustinCase

Flint studies the weapon closely, turning it over in his hands and muttering some seemingly arcane words.

He then lowers the thing and looks into Lal’s eyes, his expression serious.

”Aye, it’s a flail. Hold it by the handle and try not hittin’ yerself on the head with it.”

OOC: Flint has no Detect Magic, although I’d like to roll an Arcana check: [roll0]

eayres33

Explorer
“I agree that we should try to make this cave as secure as possible, as for another way out it is rumored that in the ruins below there is a passage way to the Darklands, but I wouldn’t wish that journey on anyone.” Aubrin said as she looked at the others.

“I also think Flint is right, if we could explore the lower section that will give us more room, perhaps even a fallback position we could hide in if the Ironfang Legions find us.”

GM:
You are not pressed for time, so I’m not going to require you to roll construct a portcullis.

Flint checks the flail and the axe but sees no signs that point towards them being magical.

Harb investigates the caves; he finds the bodies of several troglodytes in the sleeping chamber and one in the stream that were previously undiscovered. The bodies seem unusually pale and there are puncture marks on their necks.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
During this period of break, Lal will begin mastering the trick but devastating flail. After getting Flint's somewhat uncertain opinion, he asks Vin as well ( [MENTION=6805147]River Song[/MENTION] ) retarding possible magic on the weapon.

He also asks Loosh if he wants it instead

OOC: I *think* that it's either Lal or Loosh that should wield this one, given that it's a 2-handed weapon...

Lal also took advantage of his new connection with various animal gods to speak with the local birds, trying to see if they had seen any of the hobbed goblins nearby (speak with animal, beast sense)

Upon hearing of the Troglodyte with drained blood, Lal is left aghast. "Back home, there are evil spirits called the "Masan". They can fool their victims, and then drink their blood. Very dangerous, we cannot tolerate their presence here!"

Last edited:

JustinCase

"Be sounding like my uncle Mason," Flint chuckles, "Sucking the life out of festivities. Still wonderin' why they kept invitin' him."

Then he turns serious again.

"Can't be having a bloodsuckin' monster running free beneath the villagers, or among us after we close the gate to above. After buildin' the gate, we should be going a-hunting," Flint says with determination in his eyes.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"No thanks, mate. I've got my pointy stick. I'd probably just hit myself with that thing." Loosh waves off the offer of the flail, then his eyes widen at the story of the masan. "Blood-drinkers... maybe we really should have just passed this place by and kept on running."

eayres33

Explorer
By the end of the day the gate has been completed, and while it does not look the greatest it would hold up to enemy attack for a short time at least. The villagers and Aurbin had spent their time cleaning up the caves and sanitizing the water supply.

The group has gathered around the edge of the pit leading to the lower levels a slight draft is coming up from the darkness.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

OOC: If possible as soon as Harb finds those suspicious bodies he uses divine sense to check for undead and quietly let party members and Aubrin know what was found. I've leveled up and taken the sentinel feat.

Very well, I'll be right behind you to help."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases