Is this character concept workable?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
1. Ambidexterity, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (orc double axe), Two-Weapon Fighting
2. Power Attack
3. Weapon Focus (orc double axe)
4. Weapon Specialization (orc double axe)
6. Cleave, Dodge
8. Improved Critical (orc double axe)
9. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
10. Mobility
12. Spring Attack, Expertise
14. Whirlwind Attack
15. Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

Rackhir

Explorer
What exactly do you mean by "workable"? In what context? It seems like a fairly standard fighter type specialized for the Orcish double ax. I can't see any glaring weaknesses, but let's face it, it is rather hard to make an ineffective 15th level fighter unless you are really working at it. As long as you aren't facing opponents you can't damage with your double ax, then he should be fine.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I was wondering if there were additional feats useful for two-weapon wielders, or if there were any glaring problems with my feat selection. I also wondered if the feat choices led to a weaker-than-expected character.

The only other 2WF feat I know of is Twin Sword Style, but it doesn't work for double weapons.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
If you use splatbooks I understand the masters of the wild has another two weapon fighting feat, like really imporved two weapon fighting which gives yet another attack at -10 I guess. Also I beleive theri is a prestige class in their based around two weapon fighting, blade storm, blade master or something.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Shard O'Glase said:
If you use splatbooks I understand the masters of the wild has another two weapon fighting feat, like really imporved two weapon fighting which gives yet another attack at -10 I guess. Also I beleive theri is a prestige class in their based around two weapon fighting, blade storm, blade master or something.
This Feat? >15. Greater Two-Weapon Fighting<

reapersaurus

First Post
isn't there another one that gives another attack with a -15 penalty?

And CR - lemme guess - you're going for the Blessed of Gruumsh PrC with that character?

Fade

First Post
Spring attack is not good with TWF, since you don't get a full attack action, and so don't get your extra attacks.

Fade said:
Spring attack is not good with TWF, since you don't get a full attack action, and so don't get your extra attacks.

But it is a prereq for Whirlwind Attack, which is very nice to have in case that Orc/Kobold/Whatever army every attacks.

Rackhir

Explorer
Weapon Master does have a lot of feats that are terrific for optimizing use of a single weapon. It won't do a lot for your multiple weapon fighting, but it does let you do stuff like max your crit damage and increase your crit multiplier. The 9th or 10th lv ability (I forget which one), lets you do whirlwind attack as a standard action rather than as a full attack action, which is really sweet with spring attack. It would however, cost you some of those additional fighter feats to take levels in it, though you do need to still take the whirlwind attack chain.

Remove ads