Is WOTC headed for a TSR-ending? :/

Jack99

Adventurer
EDIT: mudbunny, M:TG is _NOT_ WOTC's biggest product? Please tell me it's not Maple Story...I think I would just die right her and now

Yeah, I thought that the common perception was that MTG was their big seller, also worldwide. If not (and you are allowed) please do share.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I believe that Dreamblade Duelmasters, which is incredibly popular in Japan, outsells MtG by a wide, wide margin.

Last edited:

malraux

First Post
In fairness, while it is unlikely for WotC to close up shop any time soon, if the DnD line proves to be unprofitable, WotC is a smart enough business to shut that line down, specifically to avoid a sort of TSR sort of situation. So the state of the DnD line itself is still important.

AllisterH

First Post
Yup. This is second hand information, mind you, but the person I got it from is someone who I trust 100%.

Say what?

I thought Dreamblade was recognized as a boondoggle of epic proportions...It's not even listed on WOTC's main webpage anymore...

I can understand say DuelMasters tearing up the international charts, but Dreamblade????

Shakes head in disbelief....

EDIT: I guess this is another big difference between TSR and WOTC. WOTC is truly an international company since I always heard from S.Asian gamers that Duelmasters was actually matching/exceeding Pokemon for the top spot in CCGs.

Last edited:

Remove ads