• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It is time to forgive WOTC and get back onboard.

Faolyn

(she/her)
That is easy to say, it is much harder to do. As I said earlier in this thread, I have actually had someone point a loaded .357 at my head. I knew for a fact it was loaded, both because it was my pistol and I could see the rounds inside the cylinder since it was pointed at me. At the time I was not in a position to simply walk away from him and break ties.

At the end of the day practical realities typically override such high-minded principles.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you're in a safer place now.

Fortunately in this situation, we can get away, by not "getting back onboard" with WotC and giving them money.

Faolyn

(she/her)
So that people are not truely harmed.

I would much rather have people who feel they were harmed realize they weren't really, than have people retaliate and truely harm creators and subsequently destroy their livelihood.
Harmed by your definition, perhaps, but not by the definition of those of us who've published 3pps. You're really dismissing other people's feelings here, you know.

mamba

Legend
That is easy to say, it is much harder to do. As I said earlier in this thread, I have actually had someone point a loaded .357 at my head. I knew for a fact it was loaded, both because it was my pistol and I could see the rounds inside the cylinder since it was pointed at me. At the time I was not in a position to simply walk away from him and break ties.

At the end of the day practical realities typically override such high-minded principles.
No idea what your situation was, but even if I am not able to walk away right then and there / the next day, you can be damn sure I never trust that guy again and walk away the first chance I get, and I am actively working towards that opportunity

mamba

Legend
So if you marry and divorce, are you a liar?
did you break a promise ? yes you did, there is your answer... now most people are lying about one thing or another and how important you consider the fact that someone lied about their marriage vow is up to you. You clearly do not care that WotC lied and was attempting to break a contract, but others might not be as disinterested

mamba

Legend
I don'r think they "attempted" to revoke the OGL. A more accurate description is they intended to revoke it and were laying the groundwork to do that in a variety of ways.
so at what point would this have been an actual attempt in your opinion? Also, what was sending out new contracts to sign within a week that revoked 1.0 then to you?

Last edited:

mamba

Legend
To start with it was a draft contract. I know people claim it wasn't a draft, but it is also reported that it was incomplete and sent with edits left to be added and comments embedded in the text itself.
yeah, no, it was the full contract, with a copy with comments explaining stuff attached. The leak was the copy with comments, not the actual contract, but there was a contract too. The real contract was supposed to be signed within a week. Try sticking to what actually happened, so far you mostly managed to (despite the clear spin)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads