JA's - The Borderland Keep

Kaodi

Hero
Tetke prepares himself for combat and begins recalling the procedure for using his most devastating spell, fireball. Ideally all of his enemies would clump together and be incernerated in a single blazing infero, but seeing as that is not likely to happen, he looks for the most favourable place to target with his blazing artillery, and if it involves catching fifteen or more cretins, or at least no fewer than twelve, he takes it.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: Will we get a map?

ooc: How many of the large creatures are there? Can we tell what they are? How spread out are they?

ooc: The smaller figures are mixed in with livestock, so area attacks would also kill the livestock; is that correct? Also, how spread out are they?

ooc: It seems like they have not spotted us, so we can plan and then attack before the enemy reacts. Is that correct?

If so and if he can do so before Tetke acts, Heinz says "Let's plan our attack."

He also casts shield. (5 min duration.)

Rhun

First Post
Edoryan begins firing arrows at extreme range as they ride toward the enemy.

OOC: How far are we away? Edoryan can begin firing arrows at 1100 feet away, though his chance to hit are horrible that far off.

J. Alexander

First Post
Maps Shamps lol i will work on getting it posted :)

You would guess 5 to 7 large creatures...at this point your about 1/2 2800 feet away,a mile away on a small hill overlooking the farmstead
yes the smaller figures are mixed with livestock.
At this point they are concertrated on trying to take the fortifed farm house. there seems to be a very active and lively defense going on.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Okay, I guess no fireball yet then.

" We need to keep them bundled together, " says Tetke as he surveys the scene. " I have several powerful spells that can burn or temporarily blind many opponents if the are close together. Also, I do not think we have the time to be clever with illusions. If it is our intent to save the defenders, we must act with haste. "

kinem

Adventurer
"I have a spell that creates a hail of stones. It hits unskilled warriors pretty hard, though those who are well trained or very tough can deal with it. It affects an area about eighty feet wide, but the range I can cast it is only about fifty yards. The stones remain for a while and make it hard to run there. Tetke, I'd rather avoid killing the farm animals, but perhaps your fire spell would be better used against the bigger foes while I hammer the smaller."

ghostcat

First Post
Catylina has worked with magic users before, so she knows enough to hang back and let them do their job. Her job is to keep the enemy off them, so she draws her scimitar and prepares to go to work.

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]JA, are you familiar with code tags? If you edit a map in Notepad the characters will be equally spaced, then put (code) ... (/code) around it but with square brackets instead of () when you post it here. You can also use the # icon above. For example see this.[/sblock]
ooc: Which direction are we approaching from? At this point we are galloping in at full speed (horse 250'/round). If things stay the same by the time we get close, Heinz will slow his mount to a double move and cast stone call targeting the large group of smaller creatures when within 150' range. He automatically makes the concentration check to cast from a moving (but not galloping) horse. This assumes we are not approaching from the north, in which case he may target the closer group. Note though that Tetke's fireball is longer range and may change matters first, in which case he'll reassess.

Last edited:

Remove ads