JA's - The Borderland Keep

J. Alexander

First Post
Southlake

While reason tells you it is spring the sun in the sky feel like high summer for April. The only hint of relive is the the amount of moisture being but into the air by an abundance of rivers, streams, lakes and ponds. Enough so that it feels as if your clothes have become attached to your body.

Southlake itslef is a sprawling town set lakeside to a large fresh water lake created in a natural depression with a river flowing into it from the north and exiting it from the south.

The town does have a low brick wall around it perhaps some 4 feet high, more to keep out animals etc than to provide any real protection.

All in all it seems to by very prosperous with wagon and stockyards as well as a barging fleet for river tansport.

Kaodi

Hero
Tetke rides slowly through Southlake, scanning for signs of the welcoming committee. Were it not for the wand hung from his belt, he might be easily confused for an ordinary elven traveller. Well, if you discount the fact that his horse's massive bulk is somewhat mismatched with his lean elven frame.

Catching a glimpse of what must be the men he requested, Tetke frowns slightly. " Not exactly what I was thinking. I suppose I should have given a more definite description of what I expected them to be carrying, " he says to himself. " But at least they are well equipped for keeping the local wildlife off my back. "

The sage advances his horse toward the assembled group. " Greetings, gentlemen, " he says, raising a hand. " If I am not mistaken, you must be men in the service of the Baron of Rosedown. I am Sage Tetke, Steward of Rosedown, and I am pleased to make your aquaintance. "

Tetke looks around for a moment, searching out whoever must be in charge here. " After you have all introduced yourselves, perhaps you could direct me to the man in charge of arranging our journey to the Barony. I should formally present myself for duty. "

Rhun

First Post
Another man canters up to the group, close behind the one who introduces himself as Tetke. The man seems comfortable in the saddle, and is dressed in well-tailored clothing that appear to be designed for comfort and ease of movement. The silver of mail can be seen beneath his shirt, and a longbow and quiver hung over his shoulder. A greatsword is strapped to his saddle, along with a backpack and other supplies.

The man slides from the saddle, smiles and nods a greeting at the others. "I am Edoryan Storm, former huntsmaster for Lord Bainard, come to take my place as Steward of Rosedown."

The cry of a raptor echoes Edoryan's words as a beautiful wedged-tail eagle soars down out of the sky to perch upon the man's upraised arm. Edoryan again smiles. "And this is Nonios."

Aldin rides into town on a stout pony with a crew of morose dwarves in loose formation behind him. Each seems tired, weary, as if nursing a brutal hangover. For the time being, Aldin refuses to speak, instead gesturing at Sergeant Deepcutter to speak for him.

"Mr. Stonehallow would like me to introduce him to you. As Aldin Stonehallow." Deepcutter furrows his brow as he tries to interpret Aldin's unusual gestures. "He is very...pleased to meet you. To work with you. He is sorry he cannot speak, but he...we...got well and truly pissed last night. He tried to shout down a wild bear." Aldin taps Deepcutter roughly on the shoulder. "Yes. Mr. Stonehallow did scare off the bear. Thoroughly. Mr. Stonehallow has lost his voice."

Aldin extends his armor-clad hand and shakes with the other stewards who have arrived.

Rhun

First Post
Edoryan takes Stonehallow's hand in a firm, strong grip. "There are better ways to scare off a bear," he says, humor in his eyes.

Aldin lets out a wheeze of a laugh, instantly taking a liking to Edoryan. One of the other dwarves chimes in: "It wasn't the yelling. Mister Aldin punched it! That's wot scared that beastie!" Aldin shrugs and lifts his eyes skyward to look at the circling raptor.

kinem

Adventurer
The clomp of hooves informs the gathering group that horses are coming. Soon seven mounted men come into view.

The lead horse is larger than the others, black, and clad in chain shirt barding. Its rider wears chain shirt armor, and bears a dark composite longbow, a quiver, a flail, and a longsword. His face is stern, and unsmiling; his hair, dark.

The other horsemen wear chain shirts and have shortbows and longswords. Their horses wear no barding and are mostly light brown in color.

The leader rides up. "Hello there! I am Heinz Walker, a new Steward of Rosedown. From the group I see here, I'm guessing that you are also bound for Rosedown."

J. Alexander

First Post
As the overlarge party begins to gather, another small party consisting of perhaps ten men at arms and a lead rider can also be seen approaching the party. One of the men carries a Dark Cream Colored Banner that has coiling roses surronded by gold green hedges as its focal point.

Rhun

First Post
"Ah, that must be the Baron." Edoryan snaps his fingers, and Nonios takes wing, climbing into the sky and circling around the group. The ranger brushes at his clothes to smooth out the creases, wanting to make the best impression he can upon his new liege lord.

[sblock=Question for JA]I didn't see a notation for any of Edoryan's squad. Have they not been assigned yet?[/sblock]

Remove ads