JA's - The Borderland Keep

Aldin sighs. Whoever this figure is, he certainly likes to travel with an entourage. Hoping to not butt heads with anyone so early in this venture, Aldin takes a swig of water, coughs roughly, and puts on his best grin.

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=From Post 10]"I would prefer men trained in skirmish tactics, and accurate with the longbow. Men that can survive off the land, and know how to hunt. Men of stout heart, that will not break and flee with faced with a rabble of goblin raiders. Mobility is key, and thus they should have chain shirts and bucklers for protection. Composite longbows crafted to suit each man, longsword and warhammer for close combat. Light horses, trained for war, are preferable as mounts."

Gear/Equipment
-Masterwork Chain shirts
-Bucklers
-Masterwork Composite Longbows (mighty, if the men have the STR for the bonus)
-Longsword
-Warhammer

If warhorses aren't doable, that is fine...Edoryan has handle animal, and can train them himself if need be.[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Rhun
[sblock]The are awaiting equipped as detailed all are first level Fighters[/sblock]

Tetke [sblock]it is indeed the banner of rosedown[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" Yes, this is our man. There is no mistaking the banner of Rosedown, " says Tetke quietly to the assembled men.

The elven sage turns his horse to face the proper direction and breathes in, straightening his back and soldiers. Best to present oneself as an elven sage worthy of the name ought. Tetke regards the approaching men dispassionately.

Rhun

First Post
Edoryan turns to his squad of mail-clad men. "We'll have plenty of time to get acquainted on the journey to Rosedown. For now, make ready to receive the Baron." Edoryan and his men shuffle about to stand at attention, in the manner of well-trained soldiers, and raise their fists in salute to Baron Sky.

ghostcat

First Post
Catylina walks in to the inn and smiles broadly when she see the ladies. "Greeting ladies. Its nice to see you. My name is Catylina, steward of Rosedale. We are probably going to be walking together for a while. So why don't we start with introductions?" she says. After her troop introduces themselves, she continues

"I know that I'm supposed to be the boss but I'm more used to to working alone. I believe that the best strategy is for you to work as an independent unit. Either supporting me or undertaking missions alone. As far as tactics are concerned. I'm a close in fighter. What I need is ranged support, either snipping or harassing. I'll leave it to Tatanya" she nods at the sergeant "to decide if and when you enter melee.

Following her meeting with her new troop Catyline and the ladies hasten to the place where she has been told to meet the baron. Arriving just has the baron is approaching, she just has time for a quick introduction "Hi. I'm Catyline one of the new stewards."

J. Alexander

First Post
With the joining of the young woman to the party, the other advancing horseman are now in better focus. The ten men at arms all appear to be veterans with well used equipment. The man leading them is not what you were expecting and a quick check tells you it can not be the baron as he is suppose to be in his 80's and the young man before you is at best early twenties.

Before the party can speak he says "Wecome to Southlake, I am glad to see you on time and ready to head north. My name is Byron Sky and I have been charged with escourting you north without delay. Master Mainchance has been struck down and is recovering from what appears to be an encounter with bad mushrooms"

Rhun

First Post
"Hail, and well met," says Edoryan, as he and his men lower their salutes. "I am Edoryan Storm. My men and I stand ready to serve, and we are ready to depart upon the nonce."

Aldin wrinkles his nose at the newcomers - first Catylina - a female steward? But then again, a squad of well-trained ladies...thoughts for another time. As Byron approaches, he nods at Deepcutter, who introduces Aldin as cordially as possible.

Remove ads